3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

NETRO (C&B)

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2019
Why do these choices have anything to do with the dog? I don't know what those choices have to do with your ability to perform the surgery. Seems a little unfair, too, dogs are a soft spot for a lot of people and the game does not even tell you a dog will be involved in the game back when you make those choices.
Life is generally unfair.
This is only one of the options for how to save the dog (I agree that this is not obvious, in the future we will try to avoid this).
Although it is not necessary to save the dog at all. You may even regret it in the future.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
This is only one of the options for how to save the dog (I agree that this is not obvious, in the future we will try to avoid this).
Although it is not necessary to save the dog at all. You may even regret it in the future.
It is indeed unfair, which is why people like to play games, they're based on fair rules so they're good escapism. I'm glad though that you are acknowledging that it's not obvious, informed choices keep it from just being a coin flip simulator.

Reactions: AlexTorch

NETRO (C&B)

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2019
It is indeed unfair, which is why people like to play games, they're based on fair rules so they're good escapism. I'm glad though that you are acknowledging that it's not obvious, informed choices keep it from just being a coin flip simulator.
I only agreed that it was not obvious. This does not mean that there is no logic or meaning in these elections.
In any case, you have every right to consider this an error of the author.

TLBRF

Jun 19, 2018
I don't want to spoil the gameplay, but I found a cheat around the problem to save the dog. If you can't save the dog, it's because the courage of the MC is too low.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't know about the cheating...but even though my courage was/is 2, I did manage to save the dog. At the very least that's what the MC pointed out.

But more importantly right at the start when MC's mom told him about the father's promise...those 2 dialogue that you can choose leads MC's courage to increase or stay the same way. For example: telling Mom that "she shouldn't worry about him much" raises 1 point of courage.

When you finally can travel to the coconut grove, you hear some shots and decide to check where that came from. When you reached the scene, it gives you another "courage point".

So, the conclusion is "2 courage points" might be the reason why surgery is/was a success.

Alright confirmed. If MC's courage is 2 then he can successfully perform the surgery.

I had a save where I was at the scene that the dog was lying. So, I changed my courage to 0 and tried it with no success...hands shaking. Gave 1 point to courage and tried...again with no success and also hands shaking.

More to the point, I'm guessing "courage" gonna play an important key in this game.

Reactions: NETRO (C&B)

TLBRF

Jun 19, 2018
You are fantastically attentive.
Thanks. But you started it. I mean, the opening scene is all there's to it "Your choices matters". That wouldn't be just fair to hit&run while playing. Most people prefer to skip the whole dialogue to get to the certain "point". Well, I read them all the same. I play again and choose other options/dialogue choices to see if there's anything different than before. And also I gotta point out that "He/She will remember that" part...that's what makes me want to stick around more than enough to understand the whole thing.

I hope you get the attention for your game which makes you continue further along to achieve the final product. I hate to see that most games that has the potential to show more than any type of simple "score", gets abandoned.

NETRO (C&B)

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2019
Thanks. But you started it. I mean, the opening scene is all there's to it "Your choices matters". That wouldn't be just fair to hit&run while playing. Most people prefer to skip the whole dialogue to get to the certain "point". Well, I read them all the same. I play again and choose other options/dialogue choices to see if there's anything different than before. And also I gotta point out that "He/She will remember that" part...that's what makes me want to stick around more than enough to understand the whole thing.

I hope you get the attention for your game which makes you continue further along to achieve the final product. I hate to see that most games that has the potential to show more than any type of simple "score", gets abandoned.
I assure you the initial conversation is not enough. At the moment when the character gets to the location with the dog, there is a check, and for some of your past actions you get points. That's why you thought you got points automatically.

Many things are planned for the future, so it seems that most elections have no effect on anything. But this is not so.

Reactions: TLBRF

Led

Jul 16, 2017
I'm sorry for saying this, but "maybe regretting saving a dog" doesn't even begin to make sense, especially if you're making a comparison to real life. That's just something you wouldn't consider in real life, unless you're a basterd who doesn't give a shit about animal's or other people's lifes and just let them die without trying to help. Just saying. :unsure:

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I'm sorry for saying this, but "maybe regretting saving a dog" doesn't even begin to make sense, especially if you're making a comparison to real life. That's just something you wouldn't consider in real life, unless you're a basterd who doesn't give a shit about animal's or other people's lifes and just let them die without trying to help. Just saying. :unsure:
Yeah, I'd rather be killed by the dog later than live with letting it die. That's why a lot of choices and what they lead to can come off a bit weird, they don't follow the average person's sensibilities. It's still beautiful to look at and the sex scenes are hot as hell, I just wish I could get a grip on what the logic was behind it. Especially since this game has a great puzzle game vibe like the classic Telltale games, really captures the spirit of adventure games.

Those old Telltale games I got, do a selfish thing and it can bite you when you need help from that person you wronged. But save a dog and bad things happen? Seems like a troll, especially when the scene is written for sympathy for the dog. I mean, i'm a pretty big pessimist but in the context of a game there's certain storytelling rules there. Maybe if there had been a line in there implying it was a demon in disguise or something, you could justify it. Without it it seems like a cheap "gotcha" moment, but it's punishing you for info you didn't have. In the old adventure games, usually the logic of being kind to animals would always come back to save you later, even if you had hardship in the moment like grinding for more materials because you used some saving the animal.

As a writer that might seem limiting or boring because you want to do something different. But you have to keep the rules of your genre in mind or people feel disconnected. I'd argue there's already a ton of things in the game that make it unique and different. You don't want to fall into the Rian Johnson "betray your expectations" trap, movies and games are always comfort food to some degree. They can still be bold, otherwise and I'd say this game already is.

Last edited:

NETRO (C&B)

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2019
I am very glad that someone is interested in the dog. Initially, it seemed that everyone did not care about the dog.
You spent the first aid kit to save the unfortunate animal. This is very commendable. But you only have one first aid kit...
I hope everyone understands that I can't tell you the rest of the story.

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah, I'd rather be killed by the dog later than live with letting it die. That's why a lot of choices and what they lead to can come off a bit weird, they don't follow the average person's sensibilities. It's still beautiful to look at and the sex scenes are hot as hell, I just wish I could get a grip on what the logic was behind it. Especially since this game has a great puzzle game vibe like the classic Telltale games, really captures the spirit of adventure games.

Those old Telltale games I got, do a selfish thing and it can bite you when you need help from that person you wronged. But save a dog and bad things happen? Seems like a troll, especially when the scene is written for sympathy for the dog. I mean, i'm a pretty big pessimist but in the context of a game there's certain storytelling rules there. Maybe if there had been a line in there implying it was a demon in disguise or something, you could justify it. Without it it seems like a cheap "gotcha" moment, but it's punishing you for info you didn't have. In the old adventure games, usually the logic of being kind to animals would always come back to save you later, even if you had hardship in the moment like grinding for more materials because you used some saving the animal.

As a writer that might seem limiting or boring because you want to do something different. But you have to keep the rules of your genre in mind or people feel disconnected. I'd argue there's already a ton of things in the game that make it unique and different. You don't want to fall into the Rian Johnson "betray your expectations" trap, movies and games are always comfort food to some degree. They can still be bold, otherwise and I'd say this game already is.
Well said! :D(y)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Progress Report - Aurora: Origin v0.4.7
  • Writing: 100% (Text editing)
  • Text translation: 33%
  • PreRender: 72%
  • Renders complete: 65%
  • Coding/SFX/Music: 60%
  • Bugs: 1/1 fixed
*We're working as fast as we can.
Thanks for your support, guys!
Regards,
MANTIX

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
One update per year or per 2 years?
You reminded me to post the latest news. Thanks for the reminder. :LOL:

Small News / About AO v0.4.7a/b
Hello everyone.

The coronavirus, though not directly, has had a negative impact on our plans to release new updates. In this difficult time, like many of you, we need something to eat/drink/pay bills, no matter how banal it sounds, and we are tight with money, but we do not despair and continue to work on our games!
I don't have time to render everything that was planned for AO v0.4.7. On average, it takes me 2 hours to create 1 render, and this is not counting the time to build the scene. NETRO is already ready to beat me with sticks for taking a long time with the new update...

Therefore, we decided not to delay the release, but to divide the version into several parts.

AO v0.4.7a will be released in May.

Most likely, somewhere in the middle or near the end of the month.

We will release the remaining part (AO v0.4.7b) later, but we will try not to delay it.

P.S. for Patrons:

Against the backdrop of the raging coronavirus in the world and the growing economic crisis, you still found an opportunity to support us - we really appreciate it! Thanks to you and your support, we have already raised the necessary amount of money for the translation of the final part of the text for AO v0.4.7b.

I sincerely thank you all!

Regards,

MANTIX

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes