metalspace

Jun 30, 2018
Is there a risk that the author will give up developing the story and just start introducing new characters?
Pretty sure that's not a new character. Isn't she the new bosses' assistant (cannot remember the name, too many games)? Besieds, this game has a very managable cast (unlike a lot of other games) and I believe Rec said it at some point that we're at the halfway mark with the story, so the chances for your concern coming true are very low.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Is there a risk that the author will give up developing the story and just start introducing new characters?
What metalspace said!

Unfortunately you quoted rec a tad out of context by not linking to their post. The character's name – Steph – can be inferred from the post they replied to and searching this thread shows her to have been introduced around a year ago. So it's a rather bad example. That being said: as far as I recall her scene is easily missable if one doesn't explore once given the opportunity (yes, the game actually does feature nonlinear gameplay elements) so you may have only seen her once when Jill (the female MC, and you can blame RC-1138 Boss for me trying out the female route and recreation for making me smitten with her) is being introduced to her new boss.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
So female protagonist can be lesbian but male protagonist can't be gay?...How about adding couple of dudes or femboys to balance this out ;) Hell even can add trans characters for both ways.
Nope, sorry I go with what I like to see.

I'm not introducing new characters. All characters that will show up in the future have been shown or mentioned in previous updates and where planned to show up from the beginning.
Btw if you look in the "genre" spoiler in the OP you'll find a harem tag (in brackets because it's optional), and thats there from the beginning ;)

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
I'm not introducing new characters. All characters that will show up in the future have been shown or mentioned in previous updates and where planned to show up from the beginning.
So.... Jada's mom? :unsure:

Btw if you look in the "genre" spoiler in the OP you'll find a harem tag (in brackets because it's optional), and thats there from the beginning ;)
Yeah, I missed that. Very welcome to see. Maybe my thoughts were clouded by the other VN talk and its ending.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
So.... Jada's mom? :unsure:

Yeah, I missed that. Very welcome to see. Maybe my thoughts were clouded by the other VN talk and its ending.
Who knows^^
and I've only repeated the tag thing for the other guy in case he missed that.

Last edited:

Silvenight1

Aug 23, 2020
The game is running beautifully in my opinion. As it is a game about a son/lesbian daughter coming home it needs no other characters. Like in fanfictions some audiences get too excited about meeting their personal wishes. True it is nice to have a wide range in ideas and views, to give the people playing the game or reading the story what they want. The danger is that to wash it out too far with an ocean of other content. Their are hopefully devs out their working on similar projects that meet others wishes, stand strong in what already is here so that this project remains focused. Let the others out in the wide world stand on your shoulders as the giant that gave them inspiration.

Look at the Sims games. They made a lovely open game for creative people to pick up the base toys and make a fun place of their own. Then others and greed convinced them to dive head first into meeting every players wishes come true... to an extent. Now with their diving into the swamp of the unwashed and mostly uncreative masses, we have a muddy pit sucking out all the fun with half made muck that stinks to high heaven and can't be washed off with a high powered water jet.

So let your personal vision be your guide, your fans will follow or get lost on their own journeys. This is your game we're just lucky enough to play it.

And yes I love the game as is.

Last edited:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
The game is running beautifully in my opinion. As it is a game about a son/lesbian daughter coming home it needs no other characters. Like in fanfictions some audiences get too excited about meeting their personal wishes. True it is nice to have a wide range in ideas and views, to give the people playing the game or reading the story what they want. The danger is that to wash it out too far with an ocean of other content. Their are hopefully devs out their working on similar projects that meet others wishes, stand strong in what already is here so that this project remains focused. Let the others out in the wide world stand on your shoulders as the giant that gave them inspiration.

Look at the Sims games. They made a lovely open game for creative people to pick up the base toys and make a fun place of their own. Then others and greed convinced them to dive head first into meeting every players wishes come true... to an extent. Now with their diving into the swamp of the unwashed and mostly uncreative masses, we have a muddy pit sucking out all the fun with half made muck that stinks to high heaven and can't be washed of with a high powered water jet.

So let your personal vision be your guide, your fans will follow or get lost on their own journeys. This is your game we're just lucky enough to play it.

And yes I love the game as is.
To the point, thanks a lot!

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes