Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
im not very far into the game, but the MMC is extremely unlikable so far. I get that there will be shit explained, but if it werent for the Ellie model I dont know how much I'd be into this. He basically
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and it just feels like, who the fuck would let him do this stuff...
I agree that at first it is off-putting, but get farther in and the thing with the therapist will be clearer.

The short version: with the therapist; that is her kink, and she could easily kick the MC's ass if he tries something she doesn't want him to. The meds are a player choice. In my run through, I gave her the bottle back. No idea what happens if you don't.

LinusMundane

Jun 30, 2022
I agree that at first it is off-putting, but get farther in and the thing with the therapist will be clearer.

The short version: with the therapist; that is her kink, and she could easily kick the MC's ass if he tries something she doesn't want him to. The meds are a player choice. In my run through, I gave her the bottle back. No idea what happens if you don't.

No, I understand. Im new to VN's so some of this stuff is.... off-putting at first.

Reactions: Tavi13

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
No, I understand. Im new to VN's so some of this stuff is.... off-putting at first.
I understand that 100%.
I'm willing to give most things an initial chance, but had it continued the way it started I wouldn't be here to answer you (just not my thing) :)

LinusMundane

Jun 30, 2022
I understand that 100%.
I'm willing to give most things an initial chance, but had it continued the way it started I wouldn't be here to answer you (just not my thing) :)

Sometimes, i start these games thinking "I'm gonna be an asshole" if its an option and then the first choice comes up and i can't do it lol. I am the same way with like Mass Effect, Paragon for life.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Sometimes, i start these games thinking "I'm gonna be an asshole" if its an option and then the first choice comes up and i can't do it lol. I am the same way with like Mass Effect, Paragon for life.
Yeah; same problem. It gets even worse (around here) when you know a dev tells one hell of a story, but the fetish tags are just not what you like. /shrug; you'll find your lines soon enough :)

Speaking of stories; if you haven't already, check out Rec's other games (linked on the 1st page). Two of them are one-off projects (complete) and 'Weird shit is going to happen' is what Rec works on between BM releases to help prevent burnout. Visually it is very different, and so is the story, but I like it a lot.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I think the problem for me is who you're reacting to. If the NPCs are well-written, likeable, and generally nice people, it makes me feel worse to be an asshole to them. So in stuff like Mass Effect, KotOR, Fallout, etc I tend to wind up being fiercely overprotective of my allies and generally noble when dealing with innocent people. I wind up being a better person in those games than I am in real life.

But in games where you're dealing with terrible people who are kind of assholes themselves, I'm much more inclined to be an asshole back to them. Pay evil unto evil, be a monster to monster. That's where the power fantasy/revenge fantasy appeal comes in. Delivering instant karma to people who absolutely deserve it. Even in cases where they aren't necessarily totally bad, just doing really annoying things or provoking me (I don't think I've ever not Renegade interrupted Han'Gerrel in ME3 - *stomach punch* get off my ship!).

Like even in this game, I was fully prepared going in to deliver righteous wrath upon Rachel and Katherine because of how they were kind of introduced to us, but then you learn more and interact with them and now I'm probably feeling more overprotective of them than I am of Ellie (hence me being pissed at Jada for taking advantage of Rachel).

I've also noticed I have a much harder time being evil when I play as female characters than I do playing as male characters. So much so that my first couple playthroughs in games like KotOR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc are always female characters, but then when I want to do an "evil" run to see alternate endings/get achievements, I switch to a male character instead. It's not even that I feel like women are innocent or pure (women can be incredibly evil in and of themselves), but apparently my own inner female self is just a sweet loving person who feels bad when she makes people feel sad.

But my inner female self is apparently also an incredibly vindictive bitch when you're an unrepentant dick who is out to hurt the people she cares about. Because I will utterly destroy people who come after me and mine. Which is why a certain irritating cop had better be really careful about where he pokes his nose.

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
Pfff, all these gleaming machines, are all smoke and mirrors!
The ZX81, that was THE beast!
A huge 1KB RAM memory, a glorious 3.25Mhz Z80 CPU, an amazing 64x48 block resolution in its all black and white glamour, an astounding writing speed of 300bps on audio K7 (and if you were lucky, you will even be able to read it the next time).
No tricks!
This was the computer for the true nerd of the early 80's!
... sh!#, I think I have just shown my age :D
Dude I’m dead laughing. This comment wasn’t deleted for being off-topic but both the comment it’s a reply to and the comment that comment is a reply to both were deleted for being off-topic :ROFLMAO:
These mods are out of pocket
C0946CB4-E536-40F8-899D-C2981A095924.gif

• Haha
Reactions: damnedfrog

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
off-topic again and no clue what.
Probably a comment about frog-eaters. I couldn't read it but though I'm French and I (very rarely) eat frogs I would never eat a toad. Their eyes are the most marvelous gems I have ever seen.

redbear76

May 25, 2022
im not very far into the game, but the MMC is extremely unlikable so far. I get that there will be shit explained, but if it werent for the Ellie model I dont know how much I'd be into this. He basically
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and it just feels like, who the fuck would let him do this stuff...
What? I'm missing something important or are you talking about bath scene where you are messing around with therapist?

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
When I went back to the story, I really started to be afraid of Jada, I don't know why but I feel that something has changed.

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes