desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
View attachment 368135
Worked a bit on the Inventory screen
for now, I think it is done. View attachment 368136 View attachment 368137 View attachment 368138

A few shots of the Skills screen,
this one is also done.

Gonna review the code a bit and then continue with the story.
Either that or the next update will have nothing but new background mechanics and a few screens :)
And I guess that wouldn't be that interesting.

Nevertheless, I am relatively sure that future updates should be savegame compatible with the state of the upcoming update.
That was the main goal of this version, I am working on.
The story will continue with the shard path.
But, we shall see :)
DUDE that looks amazing. If you can integrate those skills into the gameplay frequently, it would be something special indeed.

I got a question though, if you go dark side how dark can u get? Like force powers to do some naughty mind control?

Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

playb0y44

Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.

Note: This is an unofficial modified version of this game so if something goes wrong it goes wrong ;)

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

Balance of the Force [v0.1.7] [Doubblenow] - Original Size: 659 MB

Download Win (81 MB): - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Game has HUGE potential, skill system that has been implemented here is something most intriguing/unique and seeing the insane amounts of time dev is putting into it i just can't not to recommend that tittle, especially if you are a Star Wars fan like me. Sure there are some bits and pieces that need work but It's obvious he is getting better with each update, i can't wait for more.

Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
This dev is sitting on a gold mind. Hope you pick up every disenfranchised SW fan.
"Implemented the Skill system
Implemented the Alignment system" :love:
DUDE that looks amazing. If you can integrate those skills into the gameplay frequently, it would be something special indeed.

I got a question though, if you go dark side how dark can u get? Like force powers to do some naughty mind control?
All I want for Christmas is force choke and force lightning. Being able to choke cucks and bitches will make me sooo very happy.

Fatjoe698

Aug 28, 2018
Just played it, looks promising but a question for the dev: What is your interpretation of the light/dark side divide? It feels like some star wars media portray them as moral good/evil while some lean more towards control/passion. Will I be able to lean towards the dark side without being cruel to the point of irrationality?

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Currently it is just the Intro, with a few starting scenes.
Please be patient with me, this is my first game.
I gladly will take any and all constructive feedback and if possible try to incorporate it in my concept.
I love it! Beings me memories of TOR..
Cadera.... interesting choice for the mandalorian's clan...
The story is great and even though at the moment is linear, there's enough ways to walk the path ... however it could be possible to eliminate the current branching and allow the player to see both paths in one play through by adjusting the MC's schedule.
My only real complain is the intelligence attribute... making a stat dump into it, I got up to 12 skill points that allowed me to get almost everything. Trying to make a more balanced build I only got four which forced me to limit myself to those skills useful in the current version. It could cause balance issues in the later phase of the game where the player could have plenty of skills but not enough stats or the opposite.
Please don't change the female zabrek anymore... She's perfect

Reactions: Mormont

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Finally, a Star Wars game that this site deserves at long last great job so far and even though it's still short the story is already so much better than that of TLJ and Solo, any Star Wars fan here this is a must-play you won't regret it.

Reactions: Darkhound

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
A very promising demo. There is a lot of potential here, and the groundwork is quite broad, with the character stats and skillsets.

Only negative input i would have is the NPC female bodytype seems to be cookie-cutter at this point... Take off the head, clothing and skintone and all the characters appear to have exactly the same body.

Detracts from the realism and immersiveness. Of course this is only a demo,so hopefully creator already has plans in that regard.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game needs some GUI referencing the millenium Falcon ... some inside the space ship seg ways like the star craft cut scenes of rainer and his sweet heart running through smoke and gunfire inside some ship, a heavy dose of jedi mind trick to have all the dames in the quadrant and all the good babes cohorts flocking the juicy handsome MC handing his horn dog candy cane up and about deep in them dames;)!

Darkhound

Sep 2, 2017
Just played the update and honestly, this is getting pretty interesting and well most may already get a hunch about the new girl and what she will be doing. :D Keep up the good work it looks very promising!

doubblenow

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017

The skills are already integrated into the game :)

Basically there are two ways a skill or an attribute can influence a scene in the game either passively or actively.
A passive example:
If you have a certain skill or a high enough attribute in some cases it will trigger without you having to actively do anything.
Think along the line a highly trained bodyguard enters an unknown room.
It is no conscious decision, but the skills and training he had, automatically will trigger and identify things like danger zones, possible retreat routes or even maybe an unusually behaving individual.

Then there are active, conscious decisions to use a certain skill.
Like on the dancefloor with Naida, if you have sex appeal and or charm you will possibly get a menu item allowing you to chose whether you want to use the skill or go rather with another option.

The basic concept of the alignment system should have been explained in the introduction of the character sheet.
But simply put, I am a fan of the legends universe. SO You can go as bad as they come or as good as a saint might be.

You will acquire Dark Side and Light Side points during your adventure, depending on your choices obviously.
Your allignment will be derived from those two stats.
I mean even Darth Vader was able to come back to the light side, after committing atrocities for like two decades.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The skills are already integrated into the game :)

Basically there are two ways a skill or an attribute can influence a scene in the game either passively or actively.
A passive example:
If you have a certain skill or a high enough attribute in some cases it will trigger without you having to actively do anything.
Thing along the line a highly trained bodyguard enters an unknown room.
It is no conscious decision, but the skills and training he had, automatically will trigger and identify things like danger zones, possible retreat routes or even maybe an unusually behaving individual.

Then there are active, conscious decisions to use a certain skill.
Like on the dancefloor with Naida, if you have sex appeal and or charm you will possibly get a menu item allowing you to chose whether you want to use the skill or go rather with another option.

The basic concept of the alignment system should have been explained in the introduction of the character sheet.
But simply put, i am a fan of the legends universe. SO You can go as bad as they come or as good as a saint might be.

You will aquire Dark Side and Light Side points during your adventure, depending on your choices obviously.
Your allignment will be derived from those two stats.
I mean even Darth Vader was able to come back to the light side, after committing atrocities for like two decades.
ok dammit, I will play the game XD I wanted to wait for a few more updates, but I really gotta try it out now.

• Love
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
How deep the rabbit hole are we talking .. like kailo ren / paragorn points deep or like anakin milk drinking hermit path ... ;)???

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes