ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
No currently no animations.
Hmm, DELL ain't half as bad as their reputation.

What processor / integrated intel chip?
lets just say.everything is 2018/19 spec but the integrated video is 2007..because..DELL!!!..intel 3100...STOP pointing and laughing!!!
i'm poor and walmart had it for 139.88..(Dell themselves had it for 799 bucks..WTF :O ..lol )

Reactions: Canto Forte

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Gonna try this game soon got a lot of game still to catch up on. But had to just say unless I missed it when you talked about skills wheres Robotics you can't have a game based on SW and not have a Robotics skill even Luke could fix an R2 unit and he was a farmer to start with.
Just sayin.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Ok based one this new version and my old opinion, I'll tell you what I think now:

The redone intro is much better, but I still think that the view of the planet takes too much text to get through. I wish you'd do flashback scenes during some of that. But the fight in the beginning god some added content and the star destroyer arrivals was a nice touch.

The content with the Gang route is going along nicely, and I'm very interested in where this will go. The Menus are broke, because both icons at the top lead to the same menu. I also saw in the opening there were 3 Holocrons (Blue, Green and Red), but later in the story there are only 2. Is this another bug with the system?

I'm still loving the future this game will have, and I look forward to more updates. I would, on the next update, start the other route instead of continuing this one. The stopping point at Aisha was a great place to end it until after you move into the next route some.

Also I love that song that's playing in the club, it's perfect.

DKappaT8r

Mar 10, 2019
Will this game have other female races from the Star Wars universe? Twi’leks are so RotJ, wouldn’t mind seeing Cathar, Chiss, Cyborg, Miraluka, Mirialan, Rattataki, Sith Pureblood, Togruta, Zabrak.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
why this constant "hope it dosnt get abandoned" this isnt DS people..give him a chance..lol...let the dev breath and do his game ...

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
lets just say.everything is 2018/19 spec but the integrated video is 2007..because..DELL!!!..intel 3100...STOP pointing and laughing!!!
i'm poor and walmart had it for 139.88..(Dell themselves had it for 799 bucks..WTF :O ..lol )
OK...I've got to know - what model did you get?

The only lists core 2 chipsets from 2007 as having a GMA 3100 graphics core. I don't see a 2018 Dell using a CPU from 2007.

The only Dell laptops I see on walmart.com for around $140 are refurbished. Some with core 2 duos, sure, but those don't have 2018/2019 specs. For example, comes with GMA 4500, not 3100. And that laptop was released in 2008.

• Haha

HenWen

Aug 8, 2017
doubblenow I like the story so far, but the pacing needs a lot of work. You're dropping exposition bombs on us from the get go. I'd definitely recommend cutting back on some of the backstory or at least reducing the thoroughness of it. You can always reveal more detail and history later, or deliberately leave some things unsaid. After all, the player doesn't need to know everything. And as a previous poster mentioned if you are going to do a bunch of backstory, then it'd be nice to have some images to go with it so we can put names to faces & places, or at least to give us something to look at while we read text.

Also, that Twi'lek is smoking hot! :love:

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
yer creepy AF dude..lol..investigating too deeply..ya need a life..its neither a laptop nor a home pc..its a small business server...you really need to ignore me..i do not internet about people hard...

• Haha

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
yer creepy AF dude..lol..investigating too deeply..ya need a life..its neither a laptop nor a home pc..its a small business server...you really need to ignore me..i do not internet about people hard...
Hey, you hit the geek's hot buttons, you get the full force geeking! :p

• Haha

doubblenow

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
doubblenow I like the story so far, but the pacing needs a lot of work. You're dropping exposition bombs on us from the get go. I'd definitely recommend cutting back on some of the backstory or at least reducing the thoroughness of it. You can always reveal more detail and history later, or deliberately leave some things unsaid. After all, the player doesn't need to know everything. And as a previous poster mentioned if you are going to do a bunch of backstory, then it'd be nice to have some images to go with it so we can put names to faces & places, or at least to give us something to look at while we read text.

Also, that Twi'lek is smoking hot! :love:
Basically, the players will be the ones to write the backstory during the game.
True, the intro needs to be redone.
But I will be completely honest, rendering one scene is taking time (2-4h), often enough I will redo the scene because I notice something that I don't like or that seems out of place.
So I tried to cut some corners. It's really hard to keep your cool with so many people obviously interested in the game.
I truly appreciate your help and support, and as long as the requests are reasonable I will try to find a way to make the game even better by integrating them.

I really love the setting of Star wars, the game idea grew on me as it got harder and harder to find a rpg players group, willing to play Star wars RPG. I love adult novels, and since the demised screw wars, there wasn't one around.
So that got to be the birth of balance of the force, why not try making both.

I am going to get some more alien races in game so that the Galaxy isn't populated only by humans. The amount and integration speed, will strongly depend on the support the game will be getting on patreon.

Don't worry, I will continue the work even if no one pledges, it will just take more time to finish

Last edited:

doubblenow

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
Ok based one this new version and my old opinion, I'll tell you what I think now:

The redone intro is much better, but I still think that the view of the planet takes too much text to get through. I wish you'd do flashback scenes during some of that. But the fight in the beginning god some added content and the star destroyer arrivals was a nice touch.

The content with the Gang route is going along nicely, and I'm very interested in where this will go. The Menus are broke, because both icons at the top lead to the same menu. I also saw in the opening there were 3 Holocrons (Blue, Green and Red), but later in the story there are only 2. Is this another bug with the system?

I'm still loving the future this game will have, and I look forward to more updates. I would, on the next update, start the other route instead of continuing this one. The stopping point at Aisha was a great place to end it until after you move into the next route some.

Also I love that song that's playing in the club, it's perfect.
Hi RoadWulf, I am very happy to read your analysis of the game in it's current state.

Please continue to give feedback, it is highly valuable for me to be able to understand how someone who, unlike me, has no relationship to the cast appearing in the game, perceives the Story.

As with anything that you are very familiar with, I often make the mistake to presume a similar familiarity in others.

The flashback really needs more visual components. As soon as I can get more races done, I will redo the flashback. With the assets currently at my disposal, it wouldn't be satisfying in my opinion.

The menu isn't broken, I noted it in the known issue list. The current implementation leads both menu icons to a temporary inventory screen. That way I was able to deliver the game without risking fatal errors when trying the UI buttons.
The 3 buttons or holocrons will lead to skills, inventory and Force powers. The third holocron will become available once the character has access to active force use.
That's why I decided to show you the full UI in the intro, as the MC is a full grown force practicioner at that point of the timeline.

Sorry for the late response, but the next two weeks is dedicated family time.
I will be watching the thread every now and then. But the response time will be slow.

doubblenow

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
Will equipping amour change your character model.
It's a goal, but honestly that feature is not high priority. It's a multiplicator of work necessary.
You will probably understand that at the current state of the project, with me as the unified personnel power behind the game, I've got to set priorities. That may also include decisions that I myself wouldn't like as a player, but the goal is to keep delivering new content, while improving the game.
As I started working on the game, one Idea was to let the players choose a starting look for the MC. Then I had to realize that by doing that, I would severely cut the ability to deliver the game in a reasonable time. Let's presume that you are able to choose from four different starting outfits. That would mean that each screen has to be rendered four times... Now add to that the ability to choose from two body models, that makes each screen necessary to be rendered eight times.
Let's say the average time for a render to finish is one hour, that makes one screen a day... You can easily see that without a rendering farm in my back, the game wouldn't make any perceivable progress for a long time.

So long story short, I would like to have the feature in the game. But it will be on my to-do list for some time till I can solve the rendering time issue.

Last edited:

Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
It's a goal, but honestly that feature is not high priority. It's a multiplicator of work necessary.
You will probably understand that at the current state of the project, with me as the unified personnel power behind the game, I've got to set priorities. That may also include decisions that I myself wouldn't like as a player, but the goal is to keep delivering new content, while improving the game.
As I started working on the game, one Idea was to let the players choose a starting look for the MC. Then I had to realize that by doing that, I would severely cut the ability to deliver the game in a reasonable time. Let's presume that you are able to choose from four different starting outfits. That would mean that each screen has to be rendered four times... Now add to that the ability to choose from two body models, that makes each screen necessary to be rendered eight times.
Let's say the average time for a render to finish is one hour, that makes one screen a day... You can easily see that without a rendering farm in my back, the game wouldn't make any perceivable progress for a long time.

So long story short, I would like to have the feature in the game. But it will be on my to-do list for some time till I can solve the rendering time issue.
I hope it happens would love me guy in Mandalorian or commando armour another question can i get a harem.

doubblenow

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
I hope it happens would love me guy in Mandalorian or commando armour another question can i get a harem.
Beskargam armor is rather rare outside of mandalorian clans. By the time of the Empire, where the game takes place. It's hard to get, but it might be worth a own plotline
Maybe as a farewell gift from a hot mandalorian girl

The idea has some Charm I can't resist.

Considering the harem path, yes there will be one. But it will not be possible to get all romancable characters in a harem. Only the ones that have either a predisposition for that or are so madly in love with the MC that they don't mind sharing.

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes