Phooploid

Jun 18, 2017
For everyone who is getting a d3dx9 (directX 9 error) and isn't too handy with computers, just download and run the Microsoft directX web installer.
You can find it here:

That should detect, download and install all directX features you're missing automatically.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Phooploid

Jun 18, 2017
"Threat removed
Behavior:Win32/CredentialAccess.A!ml
Alert level: Severe

...Baldrsky.exe"

So I went to Virustotal and uploaded the file, and 19 out of the 69 (20 out of 70 after a rescan) anti virus software suits detect it as a virus.
for your reference:

Still unsure if this is trustworthy.

[edit]
Looked around a bit on the internet, and I can't find anyone else having the same issue, besides people on this forum. Since this is a fairly new release, this could mean nothing, but I don't feel like taking the risk. I've got other things I can be doing.
Might check on it again later. I've really been wanting to try this game since years ago... Sad times!

Last edited:

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Well, considering this here is the EXACT same Codex Steam-cracked version that made it to all the other places too, you should settle in for a fairly long wait... xD
[edit]
Looked around a bit on the internet, and I can't find anyone else having the same issue, besides people on this forum. Since this is a fairly new release, this could mean nothing, but I don't feel like taking the risk. I've got other things I can be doing.
Might check on it again later. I've really been wanting to try this game since years ago... Sad times!
That's what's called a false positive, by the way. But you do you, it IS better to keep safe than be sorry.

Phooploid

Jun 18, 2017
Well, considering this here is the EXACT same Codex Steam-cracked version that made it to all the other places too, you should settle in for a fairly long wait... xD
I can just wait a month and use you guys as my human shields :sneaky:. If all you guys get infected with something, antivirus makers will have to put in some extra effort into their detection.

But on a more serious note: virustotal shares the files it receives with anti virus makers. So if the detection rate goes down in a week to month or so, I'll know it's safe.

I just don't see much reason to risk it, even if the risk is low. Moreover, let's face it, I don't know you guys. For each and every upload with issues like these, there will be people telling others its a false positive. But how much vallues do those claims really hold, when I have no clue where those claims even come from. Most randos on the internet don't know their ass from their mouth.
The more people that download this game and the less trouble it gives, the safer it is to download. Time heals all wounds... or... viruses!

And yes, better safe than sorry! ;)

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
New patch: Ryahn

EDIT: And these tags
"Combat, Graphic Violence, Religion, School Setting, Group Sex, Handjob, Vaginal Sex, Virgin, Anal Sex, Exhibitionism, Lesbian, Titfuck, Monster, Masturbation, Multiple Penetration, Footjob, BDSM, Transformation, Humor".

Last edited:

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017

"Combat, Graphic Violence, Religion, School Setting, Group Sex, Handjob, Vaginal Sex, Virgin, Anal Sex, Exhibitionism, Lesbian, Titfuck, Monster, Masturbation, Multiple Penetration, Footjob, BDSM, Transformation, Humor".
Crap that sucks, I just completed the Rain Content. The fix with Win Defender worked perfectly.

I can just wait a month and use you guys as my human shields :sneaky:. If all you guys get infected with something, antivirus makers will have to put in some extra effort into their detection.
I'm fairly paranoid about stuff, and so far Malwarebytes hasn't even twigged to the exe file for this game, but by all means support the game on Steam. I certainly will be after tomorrow.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
I got an error "The code execution cannot proceed because the d3dx9_35.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem" please help me. nevermiind someone already posted a fix.

SmellTheJava

Jan 1, 2018
I just want to make sure, but the game is already prepatched with the adult patch if I donwload the torrent, right? There'll be no need to download the patch again.

dv322away

Jul 30, 2018
help. nothing happens when opening baldr.exe. when i looked at taskmanager, it briefly appears there and then disappears after runnning it.

Hertzer

Jun 30, 2018
help. nothing happens when opening baldr.exe. when i looked at taskmanager, it briefly appears there and then disappears after runnning it.
I had the same problem I did some test and for a reason baldr.exe has stop disappearing without having to turn off my anti virus

did you use startuptool, because I think that what caused the problem of the disappearance of baldr.exe for me, I could play 2 hours then I wanted to use startuptool and after baldr.exe disappeared

Last edited:

dv322away

Jul 30, 2018
I had the same problem I did some test and for a reason baldr.exe has stop disappearing without having to turn off my anti virus

did you use startuptool, because I think that what caused the problem of the disappearance of baldr.exe for me, I could play 2 hours then I wanted to use startuptool and after baldr.exe disappeared
baldr.exe doesn't get deleted. it's just that nothing happens when running it. it gets suspended immediately on the task manager after running. i also tried launching it from startuptool.exe and disabling windows defender but same result.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017

Could you explain the difference between this NEW patch and what we "have" in downloading the game here, please?

• Angry
Reactions: nihau

ds343425

Aug 20, 2018

But on a more serious note: virustotal shares the files it receives with anti virus makers. So if the detection rate goes down in a week to month or so, I'll know it's safe.

I just don't see much reason to risk it, even if the risk is low. Moreover, let's face it, I don't know you guys. For each and every upload with issues like these, there will be people telling others its a false positive. But how much vallues do those claims really hold, when I have no clue where those claims even come from. Most randos on the internet don't know their ass from their mouth.
The more people that download this game and the less trouble it gives, the safer it is to download. Time heals all wounds... or... viruses!

Exaclty because ten years ago some bloke said on a torrent site "OH THATS A FALSE POSITIVE" every crack throwing a positve falls into this category now. This is mostly true with regards to respected release groups for games but not the case for small VNs with cracks realesed by unkown on 4chan.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Could you explain the difference between this NEW patch and what we "have" in downloading the game here, please?
Just check the pastebin changelog, it says right there (1.01 Fixes Typos). Download the patch (100mb) and replace the files on the root folder.

Exaclty because ten years ago some bloke said on a torrent site "OH THATS A FALSE POSITIVE" every crack throwing a positve falls into this category now. This is mostly true with regards to respected release groups for games but not the case for small VNs with cracks realesed by unkown on 4chan.
The release is by CODEX who does most games along with CPY and a few others. Also, it's just a Steam Emu crack.

Last edited:

ds343425

Aug 20, 2018
Just check the pastebin changelog, it says right there (1.01 Fixes Typos).

The release is by CODEX who does most games along with CPY and a few others. Also, it's just a Steam Emu crack.
TBH I never checked the source of the release of the crack if it is CODEX than it's more than likey safe, I assumed (Stupidy) that it was some random uploader which is often the case with smaller titles similar to this and sort of got annoyed with ppl claiming it to be a false positive when like myself in this instance they have no idea. I hold my hands up I should have checked however my statement holds true for a lot of these uploads.

ds343425

Aug 20, 2018
the opening movie don't play in fullscreen fyi. Its just a blackscreen with audio music.
You'll probably missing a codec.
EDIT: I believe it requires MPEG-2 to play. Give this a try . Failing that you could try a pack is popualr. I'm also using the "Censored Credits Fix" provided with the download links and it plays fine for. me

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 6 Votes