Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
I'm impressed. I don't think I've watched the entire series more than 7 or 8 times myself.
There are three series I can watch repeatedly and enjoy them every time: The West Wing, Band of Brothers, and Firefly. I've seen them each in excess of a dozen times, though for obvious reasons Firefly is probably my most-watched. One season means it's easy to get through it all in just a couple of days.

RedWyne007

Jul 12, 2021
Any news on the update? I dont mind waiting if quality stays the same as current one....im having a trauma because of become a rockstar lol

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
You have to search for them now - and you have to spell out "compressed" (can't just say "compress", for instance - although there's so many people asking you still have to browse the results to find it)
I´m confused, sry to ask: what is compressed version for?
In times like that offering affordable SSD > 4TB? Even my gaming laptop has 3TB capacity.

Or is this another game content?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
In times like that offering affordable SSD > 4TB? Even my gaming laptop has 3TB capacity.

It's about file size and download speeds. The finished compression uses smaller images, so people with older systems that struggle with the larger ones can play with less lag, and people with lower bandwidths can download with less interruptions or problems.

For instance, while I never had issues with download size before I got a new computer, the one I previously played on could handle the static images, but less so the animation (and not at all once games started upgrading to Renpy 8). I don't have that problem now, but there are still plenty of people who can't upgrade to the latest systems, if at all. I probably would have saved my money if my old computer wasn't on the verge of permanent failure.

Reactions: turbojoe

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
There are three series I can watch repeatedly and enjoy them every time: The West Wing, Band of Brothers, and Firefly. I've seen them each in excess of a dozen times, though for obvious reasons Firefly is probably my most-watched. One season means it's easy to get through it all in just a couple of days.
I would consider adding " The Network" " The Newsroom" to that list. Some of the best dialogues and acting I've seen.

Also, a new contender, "The Diplomat" (Netflix), is impressing me.

Peace :)

EDIT: I fucked up, was watching a few days ago a Korean show and somehow I mixed the name of The Newsroom for The Network. I'm terribly sorry, my brain is starting to go... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: DD3DD and Elhemeer

DD3DD

Apr 23, 2019
I would consider adding " The Network" to that list. Some of the best dialogues and acting I've seen.

Also, a new contender, "The Diplomat" (Netflix), is impressing me.

Can't lock down/find "The Network" can you give more details. Thanks for the heads up on The Diplomat. (y)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Can't lock down/find "The Network" can you give more details. Thanks for the heads up on The Diplomat. (y)
I'm sorry, it's The Newsroom not The Network, do you still need help?

Here:

• Red Heart
Reactions: DD3DD

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

as long as you arent confused wtf would need a walkthrough for an adult visual novel, everything is good.:WeSmart:
IRL, are you unable to leave your home without using GPS (nevermind how affordable and common (or not) those things are nowadays)?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: turbojoe

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I enjoyed The Newsroom as well, but at times it felt a bit preachy. Hindsight is administered pretty liberally (no pun intended) to the real-world events depicted in the show.
Indeed. But I still think it has as absolutely glorious dialogues and flawless acting. I can't even begin to say how hard it is to write something like that... I have been trying since my teens (40+ years) and I simply can't.

It didn't age well, unfortunately, but then you wouldn't imagine the Dark Ages.

Reactions: DD3DD

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Add The Expanse and, hopefully, Silo to that list !

Also Backdoor Sluts.

• Haha
Reactions: DD3DD and Ilhares

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
as long as you arent confused wtf would need a walkthrough for an adult visual novel, everything is good.:WeSmart:
IRL, are you unable to leave your home without using GPS (nevermind how affordable and common (or not) those things are nowadays)?
What the heck are your railing at?

First of all, leave people alone. If a person likes to be guided through a game so it's more like a single-path story than a game with choices, there's nothing wrong with that.

Second, what is wrong with someone not understanding what the purpose of something they clearly never used is? And how does that effect their ability to find their way around? Would you do that in real life if someone asked you directions in the real world? Or do you just like barking at trees?

Which seems appropriate ...

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Played the first version when it came out. Had the updates downloaded but never played them. Finally played the latest version. This game has come a long way. Truly enjoyed the cameos and appearances from some of the other great games. Especially the inclusion of Lexi's song! Well done!

Such a great time! But seeing Sadie and Mora get their hearts broken... That was fucking brutal!
Absolutely need multiple saves just keep a clean conscience at the end of the day!

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Elhemeere gave me a more useful answer ;)

@ Elhemeer : maybe you´ve looked at my main posting area - I´m coming from HoneySelect2 with actually min. 60GB zip to download and extracted with all mods now I´m at 138GB on my disc.
This may explain for wondering why this 5GB game is needing a compression.

Last edited:

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Elhemeere gave me a more useful answer ;)

@ Elhemeer : maybe you´ve looked at my main posting area - I´m coming from HoneySelect2 with actually min. 60GB zip to download and extracted with all mods now I´m at 138GB on my disc.
This may explain for wondering why this 5GB game is needing a compression.
Compressed Versions are mostly for people who have limited bandwith or very slow/unstable downloading speeds. I guess hdd/ssd space is not the issue at all (unless people use antique hardware). ;)

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
What the heck are your railing at?

First of all, leave people alone. If a person likes to be guided through a game so it's more like a single-path story than a game with choices, there's nothing wrong with that.

Second, what is wrong with someone not understanding what the purpose of something they clearly never used is? And how does that effect their ability to find their way around? Would you do that in real life if someone asked you directions in the real world? Or do you just like barking at trees?

Which seems appropriate ...
someone has shaked your cage?
go back to your walkies, and perhaps after few decades you might understand few things..or not.
till then a free advice - do try to not bark at every tree you might croos paths with...usually it is better to bark at the moon :KEK:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Compressed Versions are mostly for people who have limited bandwith or very slow/unstable downloading speeds. I guess hdd/ssd space is not the issue at all (unless people use antique hardware). ;)
different strokes for diff people.
yet going "omg, wtf would need compressed versions nowadays..i mean, i have 4tb ssd..it is quite affordable" (only in false "polite" way), is an utter shit, that only 12-13yo mamas/papas boys/girls/its from first world country, or so, could post.
those barking around him probably are even younger (or with even more limited knowledge or ability to comprehend things).

many users hardly can afford 1tb hdd, and not to speak about ssd.
regarding bandwitch/download speed, you are right, nothing to add there.

at the end, everyone should have a choice, euther regarding game-versions or using extra-adds (as walkies) if available.
that was my whole point, only being made in daffy way ofc. which is like a differential equation for many around here obviously:BootyTime:

4.40 star(s) 222 Votes