joetherecluse

Aug 29, 2021
"00gltest" is RenPy's graphics rendering test script. It is responsible for testing performance, changing the renderer, changing the frame rate, etc.

... the problem I see with this error is that script does NOT contain more than 400 lines of code and yours is reporting 445 minimum. Also, it's reporting an issue while setting GL2 (the renderer). GL2 is modern and quite common though. Are you attempting to run on a very old system?
Nope, here's the specs

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900KF 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
Disk 1 Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Disk 2 Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti

joetherecluse

Aug 29, 2021
Shit man, I have no idea. Only thing I could recommend is just trying with another game. No clue why thats happening

I've tried with about 7 different games' renpy folders. Each time it doesn't work I delete the renpy folder I copy and pasted into the game folder and try another one. It's unfortunate, but thanks for trying anyway.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Nope, here's the specs

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900KF 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
Disk 1 Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Disk 2 Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Try this for me:

Start the VN via the 64bit exe and immediately hold down either shift key until you see this (after the VN loader graphic):
1716787454090.png (click the image to enlarge)
Then try forcing GL2. If that doesn't work then repeat and force ANGL2.

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
I've tried with about 7 different games' renpy folders. Each time it doesn't work I delete the renpy folder I copy and pasted into the game folder and try another one. It's unfortunate, but thanks for trying anyway.
Shit I'm sorry mate. Wish I could help you out more, but I'm an absolute idiot.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Each time it doesn't work I delete the renpy folder I copy and pasted into the game folder and try another one.
Do NOT do this... delete your entire VN install and install it exactly from the extracted zip... don't copy shit over from other RenPy games inside the VN bud... you're asking for trouble.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Try this for me:

Start the VN via the 64bit exe and immediately hold down either shift key until you see this (after the VN loader graphic):
View attachment 3675254 (click the image to enlarge)
joetherecluse, also if you have a dedicated GPU then run the VN with that instead of your Intel onboard. If Nvidia simply right-click on the exe and select "Run with graphics processor" then select your dedicated.

joetherecluse

Aug 29, 2021
Try this for me:

View attachment 3675254 (click the image to enlarge)

Thanks so much! I tried forcing both, and neither one made it work. Then I tried forcing 60 frames and disabled power save and that worked. Doubt it was the power save, prob the frames. Thanks for the help!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks so much! I tried forcing both, and neither one made it work. Then I tried forcing 60 frames and disabled power save and that worked. Doubt it was the power save, prob the frames. Thanks for the help!
Okay bud. Each GPU manufacturer is a bit different so I can't tell you which it is without testing it myself, but good on ya. RenPy should default to using Renderer: Default which will likely be GL2. That's good performance and what I personally use and even code my mod's Core with it. You should be solid now. Enjoy.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Slockie

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
pffft... Your work is brilliant man, top-tier animation work imho. I can barely draw stick figures. Wasn't it Val who said don't sell yourself short? :ROFLMAO: :p (well, she probably said "belittle" but close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades)
Heh. I appreciate it, still some issues with the animations, especially with the hands and feet. Trying to get them to actually stay in place is impossible. But thank ya nonetheless

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kakasan

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Heh. I appreciate it, still some issues with the animations, especially with the hands and feet. Trying to get them to actually stay in place is impossible. But thank ya nonetheless
Bud, I can't even keep my own hands and feet in place. :ROFLMAO:

Y'all take care, it's almost 0100hrs in the morning here and I need a nap after that 2-day coding binge. Hit me up via PM if you want me to help test the new project. I'll do what I can to to have the team's back as always. Be well and give my best to Storm for me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Slockie

aldnoah000

May 9, 2024
Any lists of girls who cannot be on the same path with each other?
I know that Athena, Heidi and Mora can be on the same path. Anyone else?

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Any lists of girls who cannot be on the same path with each other?
I know that Athena, Heidi and Mora can be on the same path. Anyone else?
there are like 10+ combinations of LIs and endings, just play the game and have fun

umbongoxxz

May 31, 2023
This game was something else, the graphics are very good, probably up there in the top. One of those rares vns where your choices actually matter, not sure how many endings there are and a shame we didn't get to see more of Adrian.

4.50 star(s) 218 Votes