NachoAndCheez

Nov 1, 2020
Sorry guys, didn't know it was releasing the 20th and the summersale had already eaten my budget I'll buy it soonish I hope.

Though in the new and trending tab it is on top and beating a capcom game so I'm pretty sure you're doing great.

NachoAndCheez

Nov 1, 2020
There might not be zero music, but anything that had questionable licensing is being ripped out for the Steam release. The only differences that I know of for the Itch/Patreon vs Steam release is the said removal of (some/most/all?) music in the Steam version and the addition of achievements in the Steam version. I do not believe that the final final that hit Itch has had an achievement screen added. So, if you're an achievement hunter, it's possible that Steam is your only option.
*Me a total achievement whore*= GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!!!

Anyways, I was planning on buying it regardless but what's the changes?

I saw that there was stuff that had to be changed in order to be compliant to steam, so what was it? Is it only the music? Is it replaced with something else or is it just silent? I've been trying to find a concrete answer here but no luck.

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
*Me a total achievement whore*= GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!!!

Anyways, I was planning on buying it regardless but what's the changes?

I saw that there was stuff that had to be changed in order to be compliant to steam, so what was it? Is it only the music? Is it replaced with something else or is it just silent? I've been trying to find a concrete answer here but no luck.
Music and some in-game stuff that stepped on IP rights. People who've been playing the Itch/Patreon version for yonks might be annoyed at the change of music, but I honestly didn't think it broke immersion too terribly much. If you're a Lexi fan from the other build, this will obv. disappoint. Apparently, the artlist.io licensing just wasn't doable.

There was considerable effort in the day before release to ensure that the music in the Steam version wasn't broken. It's up to the gentle reader to determine whether it hit or miss the mark.

HankChen

Nov 10, 2018
Music and some in-game stuff that stepped on IP rights. People who've been playing the Itch/Patreon version for yonks might be annoyed at the change of music, but I honestly didn't think it broke immersion too terribly much. If you're a Lexi fan from the other build, this will obv. disappoint. Apparently, the artlist.io licensing just wasn't doable.

There was considerable effort in the day before release to ensure that the music in the Steam version wasn't broken. It's up to the gentle reader to determine whether it hit or miss the mark.
Is there any way to implement these music on the steam version? Or can I run the Chinese text of the steam version on the f95 version? Because I am playing the Chinese version, I tried to use the Chinese text of the steam version on the f95 version, but it cannot be displayed correctly. I hope you can understand what I mean, thank you.

Agurk

May 25, 2017
Anyone else who can't extract the game files? Either gets stuck and crashes my Windows Explorer or estimates 2 days+ to complete... Never happened for any other game before.

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
Is there any way to implement these music on the steam version? Or can I run the Chinese text of the steam version on the f95 version? Because I am playing the Chinese version, I tried to use the Chinese text of the steam version on the f95 version, but it cannot be displayed correctly. I hope you can understand what I mean, thank you.
Your English is far better than my Chinese, friend. While it's possible to replace the music, it would be a LOT of work. All the songs from the game are listed in the script files, so would need to be updated. If you downloaded an update for the game from Steam, it's possible all your changes would be overwritten. It'd be a lot of work.

Currently, I'm unsure of whether there are plans to port the updated translations from Steam into the Patreon/Itch version, but I suspect they probably will. That'd make the final on Patreon/Itch v1.02 or something like that, I guess. I know that we have one small bug fix for Chinese to update in the Steam version and then French will be the next target. Beyond that, I really don't know. I'm just a tester, not officially a voice for the guys.

HankChen

Nov 10, 2018
Your English is far better than my Chinese, friend. While it's possible to replace the music, it would be a LOT of work. All the songs from the game are listed in the script files, so would need to be updated. If you downloaded an update for the game from Steam, it's possible all your changes would be overwritten. It'd be a lot of work.

Currently, I'm unsure of whether there are plans to port the updated translations from Steam into the Patreon/Itch version, but I suspect they probably will. That'd make the final on Patreon/Itch v1.02 or something like that, I guess. I know that we have one small bug fix for Chinese to update in the Steam version and then French will be the next target. Beyond that, I really don't know. I'm just a tester, not officially a voice for the guys.
Because I just use Google Translate, and I'm sure sometimes the confusion of Chinese grammar will mess up the translation results. Anyway, I understand. But I still appreciate the official support for Chinese localization, because there are many excellent games that do not support Chinese localization. Finally, thank you for your reply!

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Just wanna say if anyone reads this. Please do not leak the steam game here, it's a worse version then the version currently available. I'm being genuine, all of the old music is gone, some scenes have been taken out, and a lot of the copyrighted stuff is gone. Thanks
To clarify, are you saying it's better to play this version than the Steam version? I still plan on buying the Steam version to support you guys, and get those sweet cheevos, but as a first-time player, should I play this version? Bummer Steam made you take stuff out. :(

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
clarify, are you saying it's better to play this version than the Steam version?
It wasn't difficult to understand.
? Bummer Steam made you take stuff out.
Steam didn't make anyone do anything. Thousands of pounds in required music licences (if they even agreed in the first place for an AVN) neccessitated the removal of a lot of music. Using copyrited media without permission is highly illegal you know, not somethign Steam endorses.

• Angry
Reactions: Bloodguard

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024

Steam didn't make anyone do anything. Thousands of pounds in required music licences (if they even agreed in the first place for an AVN) neccessitated the removal of a lot of music. Using copyrited media without permission is highly illegal you know, not somethign Steam endorses.
Just to be clear, my understanding is that at the time the original music was added to the Patreon version, there was no issues with licensing. However, some time after that, the licensing for most or all the original songs was changed to not allow their use in adult material. Thus, the new Steam version could not include it.

Reactions: Bloodguard

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021

Pretty sure a lot of what you said there is incorrect, but OK. I do know that music was not the only thing changed, hence the question.
Maybe someone who actually wants to be helpful instead of insulting, could take a crack at it? :devilish:

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
I see people just mentioning music but um, how about the rest?

"I'm being genuine, all of the old music is gone, some scenes have been taken out, and a lot of the copyrighted stuff is gone. Thanks"
My understanding is that two brief scenes in a montage had to be removed due to copyrighted content/imagery.

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
Because I just use Google Translate, and I'm sure sometimes the confusion of Chinese grammar will mess up the translation results. Anyway, I understand. But I still appreciate the official support for Chinese localization, because there are many excellent games that do not support Chinese localization. Finally, thank you for your reply!
I literally just checked the final Chinese fixes about 5 min. ago. They will be rolled out to the live depot on Steam shortly. I don't know how long it'll be before Patreon/Itch get the updates. Probably not before French is finished would be my guess.

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
I see people just mentioning music but um, how about the rest?

"I'm being genuine, all of the old music is gone, some scenes have been taken out, and a lot of the copyrighted stuff is gone. Thanks"
Nothing of consequence to the story was removed from the game, IMO. The music in the Steam version certainly has a different vibe, but whether it's worse is an entirely subjective matter that only players can decide for themselves.

4.50 star(s) 238 Votes