Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
He hasn't released an update since May of 2021 and that was essentially a small engine update + hotfix. He hasn't released any content since april of last year. One full year of no content is pretty good indication that it's been abandoned.

Sorry but I've been on the forum since 2017 and I've seen these games come and go. Pretty much every game that follows this script never ends finished. At best maybe you get a disappointing update down the line like Milfy City before the dev quits for good. It's a shame because the game was well done but it is what it is
Yeah he can say it's not abandoned still working on it but as you wrote his last update was just bugfixes nothing since then. I suspect he's lost all motivation for this now been too long

Energetic

Jun 8, 2019
I think the dev has a burnout. He's trying to get back at it on a pace he can live with. Therefore the game is not abandoned but on hold. The issue is that it can take years to get out of a burnout if at all, so it might take a very long while before the dev gets back on track full time on this game.

The dev's health comes first, but the game is on hold at the least at this point.

Energetic

Jun 8, 2019
This is sad, this game had a lot of potential. What I noticed here is that most of the games I end up liking get abandoned or are in a "pause" forever with the dev milking it the best they can. I do hope someone else can pick it up
The dev paused patreon, so he's not one of those "milkers" for sure. He just cracked under the pressure from Patreon to keep updates coming.

Tomomasa

May 10, 2022
Well too bad that this could stay unfinished for a long time maybe forever. I feel sad when I see someone creating something unique and leave it unfinished or say I'm burnt out and need something else to work on than start working on mediocre things noone interested. When you caught the interest of people you milk the cow till the lost drop!
I saw some independent game creators making the same mistake realizing they missed the opportunity of their life than later they try to continue to see everybody moved on and their best ideas are already stolen by other creators.

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
Love the story and gameplay, but the look of the characters is not my thing. Oh well, good luck to the game enjoyers.

wrs_supernova

May 22, 2020
Why is it tagged abandoned and not onhold? Does the dev need to request it?

I'm asking because other games that the dev went way longer without updating and not even replying didn't get tagged like this...

Anyway, looking for the comeback

AlecHolland

Jul 8, 2020
I
Why is it tagged abandoned and not onhold? Does the dev need to request it?

I'm asking because other games that the dev went way longer without updating and not even replying didn't get tagged like this...

Anyway, looking for the comeback
It's highly unlikely judging from the time gap and lack of interest shown by the creator due to health complications and a myriad of other reasons that this project sees a new update ever.

wrs_supernova

May 22, 2020
It's highly unlikely judging from the time gap and lack of interest shown by the creator due to health complications and a myriad of other reasons that this project sees a new update ever.
Sure, I agree there is a high chance of that. But other games took way longer to get an abandoned tag, and this dev didn't disappear yet, still replies in discord...
I was mostly asking "what would be the guidelines" for this to be abandoned and others "Max's MC" games that got updates every year and a half not to receive the same tag xD

But thanks anyway, cya

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 57 Votes