Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018

Unlocked
Path to 0.13 (devlog part III)
(check if you need)

What a month we had, and what a month will have.
It’s been around ten days since I fixed the computer so I’ve been able to totally focus on making up for lost time, so this is what we’ve got:
State of the update:
1.What is already done:
Canary Trail/Acallarian Ladykiller Quests:

-All initial and middle big scenes, plus some animations already rendered from resolution scenes.
-Most freeroam new scenes / new renders.
-Some combat coded.
Akros Manor:
-Some initial coding, all new akros manor scenes (six) precoding done, new minigame coded, new Akros manor hubs done.
Penketh:
-Meat Stand (Needed for quest)

I also coded some event replays from previous updates that I had in mind, like Iva/Michelle.
2. What is left to do:
Render Wise:

-The Canary Trail resolution big scenes and some minor renders here and there for freeroam scenes/conversations.
(This is no small feat, basically because all of them have a big quantity of characters on screen, a lot of work posing them, and long render times. There is no exact science on knowing if I’ll be able to pose/render them a bit slower or a bit faster, and when taking in consideration hundreds of renders, times add up. Being conservative I hope to have all (all) scenes done in two weeks top)
-Coding Wise:
-80% of the coding. (as said, at least easier than the coding for 0.12, already started with Akros Manor but I’ll steep up on it more to avoid exploding heads like in previous update)
-Save System Improvements.

3. Things I’d like to have time to do (We'll see):

-A combat training scene in Leffrin.
-At least 2-3 Akros Manor scenes more (or more, depends on how fast I finish the Main Story Scenes)
4. Things I’d like to have time to do but I’ll not had:
-The new companion system that will unlock after the events of this update. (Basically because it means making more scenes too).
-Akros Manor extra scenes after finishing Hartlepool (It will have to wait to next updates).

How I plan to make up for the lost time figthing with the computer:
I cannot hide I feel bad with myself for losing many weeks of potential work. I like to work fast and work good. A large update coinciding with computer problems has not been optimal, and even if now I can work perfectly, I cannot render faster, but at least I'm happy seeing that things work smoothly now and I'm not that far from the release. But that's why I planned the future updates to make faster releases:

1. A little roadmap of updates:
April:
0.13 (Big Main Story Update) - (Big Update)
0.14 –
One Side Quest + Side characters (small update)
0.15 -
One Side Quest + Side characters (small update)
Grassmere Introduction + extra stuff. (Medium Update)
Chapter 2 All quests-Main Characters finish (Big Update)
I'll make some polls before starting the updates to ask in what side characters focus the Side characters part of the updates (In these updates we'll be adding the Chapter 2 rest of content for side characters (Minerva, Penketh girls, Katerina/Mina...)
The "One side quests" that will center the small updates will be Blockade Laggard (Avani) and Ancient Artifacts (Kaelkirk women). For clarification, small update means at least one month of work and at least 45 minutes of gameplay. (Like 0.11)

2. Computer Improvements:
I'm returning to the plan of keep saving the Patreon money to buy a powerfull computer to work, but after some thinking I noticed that I can start the house from the roof. The most expensive piece of it is the rendering card (1300€, that cost the same or more than all the other pieces I need for the new computer) but it has no sense wait to being able to buy the whole thing, If I can start, even suboptimally, to use already a good rendering card. So I hope I can buy and start using it next month; In the end a better computer will not do much better without the card, but I can use the card without a better computer.

And that's all!
I'm anxious to show you all the nice renders and the story of 0.13! Bear with me, don't forget to drop some likes on the images I share around, it means a lot to me knowing that you like my work, and be safe everyone!

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
Seventh Vixen

Apr 12 at 6:59am

Unlocked
Monthly Girls - March 2020 - Lockdown Special
The barbarian-themed lockdown special - monthly girls is here ;)

PS: In the girls alone pic I showcased a bit of the skin deformation now I'll able to make with the new HD bodies I made, apart of other features.

Ministatus about the update:

-Since yesterday I started the full daily coding of the update, while I finish the last part of renders. Is a big story featuring many populated scenes so no wonder they take a bit of time to make, but now with new graphics card I've been able to buy thank to your economic collaboration, at least they'll render fast.

-Many bug fixes, and some game engine improvements (options about disengaging Speed modes on conversations, Custom Save names, 50 Save Slots, a new optional minigame, are all coded in place.

-First, I'll release a little new version for closed beta testers to help me debug fixes and other features while I'm still coding the Canary Trail Quest, so we can debug the full update faster when is ready.

-For now all goes as expected, I expect finishing the update in around two weeks.

I'll get back to work, See you later ;)

Quay13 45

Aug 11, 2019
Let's be honest the game is very good
But there is something in the game that made it unfortunately unpleasant
1- Slow game sometimes
2- The lack of cheating for money and increasing the relationship
3- The light problem that came out from the characters (annoying)
4- It is difficult to know what resources you have or collect
(For example, why can't you get a workforce from the first city when choosing to build a castle instead of a closed city?)
I try to give my opinion here if you do not like that given me note and I will delete it
The game continues to be good and has capabilities, but what is highly is need is cheat for increasing relationship

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
Check the walktrought for the path. The game have diferent path and the game not have bad ending.
Next update have good improvement in the game

Reactions: Quay13 45

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Let's be honest the game is very good
But there is something in the game that made it unfortunately unpleasant
1- Slow game sometimes
2- The lack of cheating for money and increasing the relationship
3- The light problem that came out from the characters (annoying)
4- It is difficult to know what resources you have or collect
(For example, why can't you get a workforce from the first city when choosing to build a castle instead of a closed city?)
I try to give my opinion here if you do not like that given me note and I will delete it
The game continues to be good and has capabilities, but what is highly is need is cheat for increasing relationship
Hi there, you make some points open to debate.
About the lighting problem that comes from characters when the image is very bright yes, it's off, I'm in the process of adjusting lighting effects depending on the specific scene one views, but is a long process.

For the other points, Hartlepool is not closed but only reason why you don't get the workers yet is because the content is not available. Have you went to Hartlepool? Storywise, is way easier for Patrik's family to acquire workers from Hartlepool.

In the cheating aspect, is not a game of grinding, is the choices you make what open content, cheating the humor meter (not relationship meter, that doesn't exactly exists. What exist is a "story" meter) will not have any -major- effect on game. Yes, there may be some content linked to humor, but if you don't go thru the decisions and scenes that make people like or dislike you first, you won't get the content anyway.

If you're inclined to, I heard some people use CheatEngine. But it most probably just break stuff than fix anything.

About resources, Yes, is not clear what you need, because each players and in each playthru is going to use different resources for different results / solve different things in different ways. The game is made to eventually let the player go thru it in better or worse ways (the Main plot), but never giving a gameover / block out /this is the only way situations; Check everything and discover what is everything for is for the players that want to research it deep.

I know it can result a bit confusing like "why the hell I could need powder", until the content that requires powder is available. Chapter 2 was planned to release fully, not partially, so some of those problems will dissapear in the next months.

Thank you for playing and enjoying it ;)

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
I'm so sorry for the late response of this game. I promised, I would give it a try after I got a new GPU. Things went a bit downhill in my personal life in Jan.

I realized, I needed other parts too and everything was further delayed, after a botched a delivery.

I have only started this game and I can already tell this is my jam. I really like the writting despite the occasional spelling errors. I'll be happy to give my thoughts on the game etc. when I have played some more.

Reactions: SeventhVixen

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Machicolations! "Heh", I too watch Shadiversity from time to time.

I thought, there would be more combat in this game. Like you were building up an army and conquering some of the places. I don't mind playing the game the way as it is now. Seeing it as more of a diplomatic mission. Seems more realistic. I just found myself going back to the walkthrough all the time. Thinking an event might have been handled poorly or the choice taken was wrong/inoptimal. There's still some uncertainty as to what the specific points actually do for me. Yet I feel, a need to have as many of them as possible.

You really engross the player with the stellar writting, it adds a lot to the whole world building. I feel, it's a shame that there's all the grammatical– and spelling errors.

When you load a new game, you'll start in the menu. I found, myself sort of bugged out at the first night in the prologue. The menu was shown, but I couldn't click any of the button. I had to click the menu button again to make it "re-appear" and again to make it dissapear.

I still had fun, thank you very much. Getting up there in the games I want to support. With further development I may very well become a Patreon.

Reactions: SeventhVixen

oldmasterxd

Oct 14, 2016
so u will never bang jessica or daisy ? in this ''medieval'' game i can see lots of routes for this incest route sad the dev scary of patreon and never going to make it

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
so u will never bang jessica or daisy ? in this ''medieval'' game i can see lots of routes for this incest route sad the dev scary of patreon and never going to make it
Who said you couldn't, maybe it's just not developed. You could ask the developer here, if they intend to have such a route. Instead of shitting all over them, without even knowing what you write is true.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017

Who said you couldn't, maybe it's just not developed. You could ask the developer here, if they intend to have such a route. Instead of shitting all over them, without even knowing what you write is true.
check this post at the bottom.

All sex scenes are animated with some different methods (as I was experimenting), from minimalistic fades between low quantity of frames (the ones I like the most), to classic just frame skipping (Where I show that I don't have a computer to make that right xD), to a test and somewhat clunky rigged one.

Some are good, some are bad, but yeah, is animated.

There is no incest between close relatives, just don't fit the story I want to tell. And there is not going to be any kind of incest patch. (I love rendering modern time incest silly stories in my free time, but is just not for this game xD)

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I thought, there would be more combat in this game. Like you were building up an army and conquering some of the places. I don't mind playing the game the way as it is now. Seeing it as more of a diplomatic mission. Seems more realistic. I just found myself going back to the walkthrough all the time. Thinking an event might have been handled poorly or the choice taken was wrong/inoptimal. There's still some uncertainty as to what the specific points actually do for me. Yet I feel, a need to have as many of them as possible.
Combat, Battles and minigames will appear more or less when story demands it and in some chapters will be a common two way optional solution. Chapter 1 and 2 are more strictly diplomatic. But the incoming 0.13 has a lot of meat on it.
The intended game experience is to be played only as the player feels in the first go, and after that be replayed taking other approachs. Sir Patrik will always be convinced that he took the right choice, or he always doubt if the took the right choice, but there is no bad choices. Only different choices.

You really engross the player with the stellar writting, it adds a lot to the whole world building. I feel, it's a shame that there's all the grammatical– and spelling errors.
No help and no money for now, I can't correct them >_< First destination for patreon money is only computer upgrades, and even after the 1250€ graphics card, there is at least 2000-3000€ of purchases to be done.
Luckly, there is always time to correct grammar in retrospective.

When you load a new game, you'll start in the menu. I found, myself sort of bugged out at the first night in the prologue. The menu was shown, but I couldn't click any of the button. I had to click the menu button again to make it "re-appear" and again to make it dissapear.
That one is a "random bug" that I have a hard time tracking since the first updates, doesn't happen always, and some never face it. Luckly is no game breaking so the solution is just an Escape click away, until I get to find how to end it.

Reactions: Hajtand
4.40 star(s) 57 Votes