Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Is a fan walkthrough. I don't release walktroughts, just little guides that point to the direction of new content. Each release is beta tested at least for a week before even public patreon release so usually there is never a game breaking bug nor any real important bug when it come to the public, So I let the players discover the game for themselves.

But of course later than that when fixing things, other things may get broken and some wild bug appear from time to time, likely that could have happened with Baralis in friendly path.

Anyway right now I overhauled the code for all Baralis conversations so is more clear and at least that bug will not appear.

Those are good examples and ideas and I've note them down.

The thing is basically that I don't want grinding in the game, just events unlocked by choices/story stage. Locking things under grinding is not my goal; One will see a part of the story when the part of the story is done; If currently in game one needs 400 Lewdness to make a certain lewdy action with Katerina for example, means that the player attitude coincides with getting that far/bold in Lewd conduct, a thing gained by behaving like that in many different situations, not just by repeating sex scenes. Repeating sex scenes don't change MC personality; Take new decisions change MC personality.

Some of the things you mentioned are already in process in the shape of the Respec Gear tho (Change Lewdness for Piety in the church, or Piety for Lewdness in taverns). But I'm trying to balance all those things, so Choices unlocks by stats fits the choices the player is making the MC take.

BUT, for sake of gameplay, beyond the Respec Gear that will get more ways to be used, I'll probably put extra ways to gaining stats for the the sake of gameplay, but always making sure that they're not repetitive mindless actions (grinding).

I like grinding as anyone may like it in certain games (Resources runs in your Survival FPS, repetitive jobs (Papers Please), but is just not exactly a gameplay feature I think fits Battle for Luvia.
You only know how good your programmer is/or yourself and how much time he have to learn from mistakes. The most games have a big problem with it and it takes a lot of time and maybe my solution makes it easier for bug hunting.

I have found 2 gamebreaking bugs and i think when you have done this further in this direction you get more and more bugs.

Now it is more (and in the most Games) you choose an answer and looks on the skills/stats what they change and take something and load again and maybe again. Or you must start new. At the moment for me it is unclear for what I need the other stats as Lewdness. When I can see for example the Girls for Chapter 1 and what I need for the Girl or Country I would try to choose answers to get the skills/stats to play further when I don´t know what I need I can`t play normal without a walkthrough. Maybe you can see at Chaper 3 or so that you need another stat/skill on a level you haven´t and must start new, write a new walkthrough so it is difficult for players.

My suggestion is more that the choice doesn´t matter when you maybe you are Lewdness and try Anal by Girl A (100) and the Girl don´t like it (at the moment it looks it is blocked for all time). So for a player it looks like I have to load again or when I haven´t seen it at time I must start new to get all pics. You are a Knight and must normal be chivalrous so maybe you send to the church to pray for you sin or you must do a pilgramage. So you as player can´t do anything wrong and can choose answers only for fun to see what story you tell when you choose such answer.

When you can play all free so you can say you haven´t played all free for Chapter 1 search for the rest so you have all time all players on the same level. So you would only update the important things all time to the next Chapter. At the moment you have a lot of players with different skills/stats and in the next Chapter it grow up an so on so you need a good programmer and test all choices. I think a lot of players can say here the most games they give so many different choices are buged like hell or you must start a lot of time new. And when a Game takes a lot of loading time it is the question if the people see maybe new different or use only the skip function to came to the point they think it is new (a lot of producer change something in the code or Chapter).

You can get all skills/stats on max when you choosed all time the best answers in the events (normal a lot of loading or walkthrough reading or making) for the others they choosed the answers they like and for the not best choice they get a little bit of grinding or get an extra Quest to get the rest points for max or more as one. The extra Quest have not relevant pics.

You can see here Games with more choices that the solution was later (after some updates):

1) all stats was away (so the most choices are not interesting anymore) and it is like a novel you read
2) you have gamebreaking bugs the game is not playable from the beginning to the end normal. Some have save points or give saves. That means not that the saves or save points are not buged and so the game is not playable. And the end version is buged like hell (cash cow/milking cow in my eyes when a producer have no interest/proud to give out a bug free version).
3) you must start all time new or a lot of times (code changing and so on)

We have here that a lot of game producer don´t fix the bugs and with more content/updates you can see it more and more. So we have lazy producer on the one side and on the other side hardworking producer and when a bug is there they try to fix it fast. We know all that the engines have aso "sometimes" bugs so you need normal a good programmer (some games changed the engine in the middle and start all new so for the players are at the beginning not so interest because you know the pics and the story till the point you get new events). I don´t know how good yours is/or yourself so the suggestion is normal to make it easier so you make a loop so at the end all players have the same.

And you can see here how many games are on the market and each month came new game producer so you must think about your future and your game quality to give it out all time on a high quality to your patrons.

English is not my homelanguage and I was not sure if you understand it correct that my suggestion was the event/stat/skill loop to reduce the bugs that all player must have the max to play further the next chapter.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
I think I found a glitch.
I am doing the last possible thing I can in version 0.12d, I sided with John, his wife gets pissed and storms off and it freezes, I cannot do anything further.
Almost like I chose the wrong path or the game wasn't expecting that decision?

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I am doing the last possible thing I can in version 0.12d, I sided with John, his wife gets pissed and storms off and it freezes, I cannot do anything further.
It may be a bug. When you say "the last possible thing", you mean that you have sided before with Helen in the same playthru, right?

It is possible not much people has tested siding first with Helen, and later with John, (It has to be possible thought) thing that added with more variables could have some unexpected result. I'm going to check the code.

If you didn't sided with Helen never on that playthru told me so I know better where to look if I don't see any problem.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I checked the code. That scene (When you sided X times and you get the scene of Helen storming off) is completely linear, should work the same no matter what other variables there are.

Do the freezing occurs Without being able to see she getting up and going away? Or you see her go away and the it freezes? It has happen only one time or you tried again? (game usually don't randomly break but is not unheard of).
Do you get so see this screen?
Late_john_4_HelenAngryLeaves2.png
Or it freezes before?

I putted a safe ward in a piece of coding that Could be problematic, but your answers are appreciated to know if could be that.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Well. It seems that the freezing you get was by never getting John to leave, never, and make helen leave in a playthru? If is that, I found the problem. (but also implies you don't get to see the image of her leaving).

If is not that is another thing, so please confirm.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
I checked the code. That scene (When you sided X times and you get the scene of Helen storming off) is completely linear, should work the same no matter what other variables there are.

Do the freezing occurs Without being able to see she getting up and going away? Or you see her go away and the it freezes? It has happen only one time or you tried again? (game usually don't randomly break but is not unheard of).
View attachment 611013
Or it freezes before?

I putted a safe ward in a piece of coding that Could be problematic, but your answers are appreciated to know if could be that

View attachment 611013
Or it freezes before?

I putted a safe ward in a piece of coding that Could be problematic, but your answers are appreciated to know if could be that.
Hi sorry I was at work and couldn't reply sooner, OK that is the very same picture I got when siding with John (the one you have listed here) Where Helen has her tantrum and is leaving.
Yeas I played the scenario through the first time and choice Helen, it worked out fine with no glitches at all, making me feel like that was the story desired direction in the first place.

Reactions: SeventhVixen

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Perfect, it will be fixed in next update.

Nah, the thing that ocurrs is that things that players do less they're tested less as is reasonable (Like, Not fucking) xD So is reasonable more time pass until someone report some bugs. I cannot personally test all alternatives of the game, so I depend on players reporting. (usually most bugs are found in closed beta but some can always slip).

Lots of thanks for reporting ;) not only I fixed that but found a source of little possible bugs that now will not ocurr. See ya ;)

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Perfect, it will be fixed in next update.

Nah, the thing that ocurrs is that things that players do less they're tested less as is reasonable (Like, Not fucking) xD So is reasonable more time pass until someone report some bugs. I cannot personally test all alternatives of the game, so I depend on players reporting. (usually most bugs are found in closed beta but some can always slip).

Lots of thanks for reporting ;) not only I fixed that but found a source of little possible bugs that now will not ocurr. See ya ;)
Ah, that makes total sense then.

People are playing this for specific reasons, some just want all the fucking and will choose every option to get that.
I did it the first time myself then second-guessed what the future might hold if John was my enemy rather than his wife, whom really would have no implications good or bad for the future of the MC in any way, Whereas the Captain of the guard in a major city hating me, might pose to be an obstacle.

Then again, who knows (well you obviously but aside from you) what Helen could be up to, I mean the questions she was asking about deal with positive outcomes for the city and its people, so that might be the way to go after all, besides she was really talented.

OH before I forget to ask again.
In the intro of the game, there is your title card with 4 women on it, are they from another game you are creating, or are thinking about, and where can I see more of the one on the left, the one still on the porcelain throne?

Reactions: SeventhVixen

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
On the left is "modern" Minerva, same model same body, just different hair :p the rest of the chick "are" or will be in the game, in their BFL personalities. Top right for example is Lydia, that shows on the Piety Cardinal Stat in the menu. Over a bike there is Ana, who is the bread seller on Penketh, etc. If you want to see diverse art from my models I recommend you drop off by the discord and check the art channels where I post diverse renders, I'm afraid I don't have any gallery out there yet :p

Xaøs

Game Developer
May 25, 2019
Just finished playing this epic game I realy loved the game SeventhVixen you are creating a masterpiece. I saw some of your renders when you were dev of the week so I decided to give it a try and I don't regret at all. I could easily say this is most promising game of f95zone. Story has great potential renders are top notch(though I didn't liked the lighting effect) and most importantly choices has consequences. Girls are hot and I love thicc girls so its double plus++ for me. Only thing that I think needs improvement is animations and I'm sure dev must be working on improving that. Waiting for more katerine and also robin and how could I forgot Minerva and more importantly story that the dev has planned.

Dracodadark

Dec 1, 2017
Note and I will update in the next release in the walkthrough as I’ve been getting PMed.

To get the Special scene with Mina you need to protect her from a Pierre before ending scene 1. After he slaps her butt select to protect her and then if your lewdness is high enough you will get it.

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
I just started playing and I have been enjoying it quite a bit.
I have some questions though:
  • Is there any content for Katerina (the servant) and Dexter (tavern) and if there is how do I go about unlocking it? Uh, in my first playthrough I have been focusing on piety since I found it interesting and something not often seen in f95zone games. I don't know if that affects something but I think it made me lose the chance with Minerva.
  • Sometimes there is A LOT of light in the screen. So much that I can barely see anything else (say, purple light when visiting the gypsy camp). Is that an artistic choice or a bug?

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
I just started playing and I have been enjoying it quite a bit.
I have some questions though:
  • Is there any content for Katerina (the servant) and Dexter (tavern) and if there is how do I go about unlocking it? Uh, in my first playthrough I have been focusing on piety since I found it interesting and something not often seen in f95zone games. I don't know if that affects something but I think it made me lose the chance with Minerva.
  • Sometimes there is A LOT of light in the screen. So much that I can barely see anything else (say, purple light when visiting the gypsy camp). Is that an artistic choice or a bug?
Katerine its one with big content
Dexter not for the moment

• Love
Reactions: juanito

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
On the left is "modern" Minerva, same model same body, just different hair :p the rest of the chick "are" or will be in the game, in their BFL personalities. Top right for example is Lydia, that shows on the Piety Cardinal Stat in the menu. Over a bike there is Ana, who is the bread seller on Penketh, etc. If you want to see diverse art from my models I recommend you drop off by the discord and check the art channels where I post diverse renders, I'm afraid I don't have any gallery out there yet :p
Thats awesome, thank you very much

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes