ironsnak29

May 1, 2017
Anyone solved the issues with MAC. Followed instructions, game opens, and then suddenly crashes after. I can see blurry picture of 3 girls and then app just disappears. I have MBP 2012

Reactions: fictitious

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Bugs 0.12d

For a Game you can make choices like hell it is not well tested after a little time I find 2 dead ends with the same problem you can´t talk with the Major about the deal so you are stuck. and can begin new.

Dead end
Major Penekth
First take the 5 deal, you can give this to Hall (NPC)
go to countess, not good
we can find a solution Major Penekth
ask if he need help
love potion gypsy
give potion to major
and then it is a dead end
you have not enough and the way above is close
I try to give all to Major nothing interest him so you can´t update the deal in friendly way !!!

Dead end
Major Penekth
6 choice you think about it
Next Day no chance to talk about it again to choose another deal the option is not there (and the power letter he wouldn´t see because he know it), countess is blocked because I have to make a Deal.

Attack on you with the gypsys.
When I remember correct in the text they talk that they get informations from a Brigand. I have killed him what information "from a killed person"? (I read the walkthrough when I understand right the Brigand apears only when you haven´t killed him and it is clear that a living person can give informations)

The most was sucks is the loading time and this taken your good game down !!!

I don´t know if it is the engine or your game the game have a long loading time aso when you try out what is the different from a choice it takes very long because at some points are no save and you must load from a place not near the answers choices and now it sucks that you have a long loading time and a very long time for skipping and auto forward text.

Skipping hangs up a lot of time in the Game and the problem is here aso when you save is far away you must repeat all time again and the places the skipping hangs up are all time the same places (text places are blank) [You can enter the menu with ESC and search for your last save and load]. Aso when I remember correct when you use auto forward time a lot of text places are blank and on some of this places you must use your mouse to came further. The auto forward time can be aso a little be faster (for example when you have 3 seconds to wait for each new text so you don´t know what you have to do in the rest of time to the next new text).

Aso it sucks that you must activate all time again skip or auto forward after a choice.

Last edited:

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Bug 0.12d?

Dead end
Major Penekth
First take the 5 deal, you can give this to Hall (NPC)
go to countess, not good
we can find a solution Major Penekth
ask if he need help
love potion gypsy
give potion to major
and then it is a dead end
you have not enough and the way above is close
I try to give all to Major nothing interest him so you can´t update the deal in friendly way !!!
I'm sorry you are experiencing problems, but theoretically there should not be a dead end in friendly path, as many other players have taken that route without a problem. The game adjusts itself to give you enough affinity points in order to continue, unless a very very specific quantity of conditions (like not giving the letter from Irena, not giving paper, and refusing Robin (Because in Friendly path you can get a point letting the Major watch if you didn't finished the deal yet). If is not about getting enough affinity points tell me about in case there is a bug.) Also, by 5º deal you mean 1º (lower) deal, right?

Attack on you with the gypsys.
When I remember correct in the text they talk that they get informations from a Brigand. I have killed him what information "from a killed person"? (I read the walkthrough when I understand right the Brigand apears only when you haven´t killed him and it is clear that a living person can give informations)
If you kill the brigand in the gypsy event, you can notice Pyetr mention "the survivor that escaped". Is the one that Minerva kicks out of the van.

I don´t know if it is the engine or your game the game have a long loading time aso when you try out what is the different from a choice it takes very long because at some points are no save and you must load from a place not near the answers choices and now it sucks that you have a long loading time and a very long time for skipping and auto forward text.

Skipping hangs up a lot of time in the Game and the problem is here aso when you save is far away you must repeat all time again and the places the skipping hangs up are all time the same places (text places are blank) [You can enter the menu with ESC and search for your last save and load]. Aso when I remember correct when you use auto forward time a lot of text places are blank and on some of this places you must use your mouse to came further. The auto forward time can be aso a little be faster (for example when you have 3 seconds to wait for each new text so you don´t know what you have to do in the rest of time to the next new text).
Both loading time and if you find hangs on skipping is a thing of computer performance, but I commonly work on trying to make it better. . BFL is not a proper VN, so I didn't code it to constantly go back and forth, but to play completely following different paths; So I'm sorry for the players used to play VNs trying to play the same way and find problems. I've put and I'm putting all the options for you guys that I can ;)

Fix to blank texts: If you don't deactivate the Scrolling Text you will not have blank text need to skip (Is a strange bug with the deactivation of scrolling text and using Skip modes at the same time). BTW you can use Space too to skip text.

Aso it sucks that you must activate all time again skip or auto forward after a choice.
I put the Restoring of manual speed for some coding reasons, (specially for players that just want to speed up some times but don't want to lose anything), but I'll put an option to never deactivate automatically the speed modes.

Thanks for your feedback and thank you for playing ;)

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
I'm sorry you are experiencing problems, but theoretically there should not be a dead end in friendly path, as many other players have taken that route without a problem. The game adjusts itself to give you enough affinity points in order to continue, unless a very very specific quantity of conditions (like not giving the letter from Irena, not giving paper, and refusing Robin (Because in Friendly path you can get a point letting the Major watch if you didn't finished the deal yet). If is not about getting enough affinity points tell me about in case there is a bug.) Also, by 5º deal you mean 1º (lower) deal, right?

If you kill the brigand in the gypsy event, you can notice Pyetr mention "the survivor that escaped". Is the one that Minerva kicks out of the van.

Both loading time and if you find hangs on skipping is a thing of computer performance, but I commonly work on trying to make it better. . BFL is not a proper VN, so I didn't code it to constantly go back and forth, but to play completely following different paths; So I'm sorry for the players used to play VNs trying to play the same way and find problems. I've put and I'm putting all the options for you guys that I can ;)

Fix to blank texts: If you don't deactivate the Scrolling Text you will not have blank text need to skip (Is a strange bug with the deactivation of scrolling text and using Skip modes at the same time). BTW you can use Space too to skip text.

I put the Restoring of manual speed for some coding reasons, (specially for players that just want to speed up some times but don't want to lose anything), but I'll put an option to never deactivate automatically the speed modes.

Thanks for your feedback and thank you for playing ;)
A game with a lot of options are not uninterested to play. For the producer it is a bug hell. We have here a lot of games without a walkthrough you get near 100% a bug when you leave the "not known walkthrough from the game producer".

Brigand
Is the one that Minerva kicks out of the van.

You don´t see that he escaped so for me it looks like Mirvana kicked a "near death Brigand out the van and he died after he was kicked out".

Major Penekth
I wrote above a second death end the problem is you can´t talk again about the deal. You can see 1) I make no deal and said I think about it choice 6 and next day I have no option about the deal. 2) I have said I take the deal choice 5 after I talked with the countess I said it is not enough and we can make a better deal (I am interested if I can have a way without to make the Major angry). I am a good friend with the Major and the Affinity is at 4 and no option to grade up the deal and the countess say the deal before is to bad and I must make a better one. So one time I am stuck I have no deal and I can´t go to the countess because I have no deal and the second one the first deal is not good enough and no choice to grade up the deal so the countess say all time make a better deal no options so all both choices are gamebreaking.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventhVixen

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
So one time I am stuck I have no deal and I can´t go to the countess because I have no deal and the second one the first deal is not good enough and no choice to grade up the deal so the countess say all time make a better deal no options so all both choices are gamebreaking.
Ok, thx, it is possible there is a bug around in the myriad of options. I'll check it. Anyway all Penketh negotiation needs a rehaul soon enough when all the rest of chapter 2 is incorporated.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Ok, thx, it is possible there is a bug around in the myriad of options. I'll check it. Anyway all Penketh negotiation needs a rehaul soon enough when all the rest of chapter 2 is incorporated.
I said it when you make it so further I think you have a bug hell in the future.

Maybe you can think about this if you think this is possible and your "paying" patrons like it aso.

In the moment you have:
Piety, Lewdness, Ambition, Knightly.

You change your story so it gives no dead end and you can´t miss any pics. Like the most player we like a harem ending. You can choose that the player can play free a love ending for each girl in the game and can play further.

For example max Chapter 1 Piety 100, Lewdness 400, Ambition 300, Knightly 500 and you as player can see it all time. Each Chapter this get a update.

The choices only change the skills you get. For example you have 10 events with choices and after you have done all you have:

Piety 80, Lewdness 360, Ambition 260, Knightly 380.

So you haven´t play with the best choices it doesn´t matter because you can get these points.

You must play little games or must spend money that you must earn so you lose only game time when you haven´t choosed the best way. So you as player must spend only more game playing time !!!

For example to get Piety.

You must spend money to the church or must help to repair it or buy something in town X for church A in town B.

Knightly

Earn it in a competion, help people against bandits.

Lewdness

From Books or a whore that teach it for money.

Ambition

1 place in a competion.

The stats say what you can do and what not. For example:

Piety you can need for the bless of god for a fight without enough you can´t do the fight to get the land or fight the enemy with troops.

Lewdness for sex action.

Knightly for competion or that you can meet Baron C for example you need 300.

Ambition

For a fight for a competion.

You can combine it with different skills and so on.

So you must have events or buildings to earn money and so on. And for example I would like to travel to town C that is not possible because you need for example Knightly 400 so you as player know ok I can´t do this now I have first earn this to play it free.

Think about this if this is possible and if you can save a lot of time for bug hunting. A well meaning council.

Last edited:

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I read it and play with it and it looks near a fan walkthrough as an official.
Is a fan walkthrough. I don't release walktroughts, just little guides that point to the direction of new content. Each release is beta tested at least for a week before even public patreon release so usually there is never a game breaking bug nor any real important bug when it come to the public, So I let the players discover the game for themselves.

But of course later than that when fixing things, other things may get broken and some wild bug appear from time to time, likely that could have happened with Baralis in friendly path.

Anyway right now I overhauled the code for all Baralis conversations so is more clear and at least that bug will not appear.

Maybe you can think about this if you think this is possible and your "paying" patrons like it aso.
Those are good examples and ideas and I've note them down.

The thing is basically that I don't want grinding in the game, just events unlocked by choices/story stage. Locking things under grinding is not my goal; One will see a part of the story when the part of the story is done; If currently in game one needs 400 Lewdness to make a certain lewdy action with Katerina for example, means that the player attitude coincides with getting that far/bold in Lewd conduct, a thing gained by behaving like that in many different situations, not just by repeating sex scenes. Repeating sex scenes don't change MC personality; Take new decisions change MC personality.

Some of the things you mentioned are already in process in the shape of the Respec Gear tho (Change Lewdness for Piety in the church, or Piety for Lewdness in taverns). But I'm trying to balance all those things, so Choices unlocks by stats fits the choices the player is making the MC take.

BUT, for sake of gameplay, beyond the Respec Gear that will get more ways to be used, I'll probably put extra ways to gaining stats for the the sake of gameplay, but always making sure that they're not repetitive mindless actions (grinding).

I like grinding as anyone may like it in certain games (Resources runs in your Survival FPS, repetitive jobs (Papers Please), but is just not exactly a gameplay feature I think fits Battle for Luvia.

Reactions: Joey the mangaka

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018

With $3 have good quantity of info process and in discord

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes