somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
You are right and I'm at folly. Yet I don't think the belittlement of the creator was in place.
I agree, there wasn't a need for it. From what SeventhVixen wrote back then the story was always fleshed out and that was not a part of it.

I am sure more than a few people pointed towards middle ages and said well it happened. Maybe one day it will change but for now and foreseeable future this is what it is.

This is the Dev's story and we are along for the ride and the lewds.

The other thing about fighting is that if it was more mandatory then the people who made a specific choice which shrinks your military would be screwed. So it is good that it is put further on to allow for any build up prior.

Reactions: Hajtand

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
SeventhVixen
I have a bug each time after talking to Belinda about the levies, I press 1, 2 or 3 and nothing happens, I have to close the game.
Excellent work btw, great game.

1.JPG

Reactions: leosparta

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
SeventhVixen
I have a bug each time after talking to Belinda about the levies, I press 1, 2 or 3 and nothing happens, I have to close the game.
Excellent work btw, great game.
Thanks.

That bug should have be fixed in the current Closed Beta, but thanx for reporting. I made a little closed beta just with 20 minutes of content some days ago so people can check the fixes while I finish coding 0.13, because is long, so when the final Closed Beta goes live it will be double checked so I hope all bugs from 0.12 will be gone ;)

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
SeventhVixen, it's reasonable to expect public release of 0.13 version at early May?
It is reasonable to expect the Closed Beta at early May.. I wanted to release before April ends but I'm not so sure. Some days coding is faster, some days is slower, and I have at least 2 hours of gameplay events to code. My own estimations always turn badly. A big action scene that take a week to pose and render take a day to code and last 3 minutes... Some talking shenanigans with sex is 20 minutes and maybe take a pair of hours to code... xD

Will see. But yeah, soon. I've been breaking my ass on it since I fixed the computer.

Reactions: Hajtand

rainyd

Jan 30, 2019
Will see. But yeah, soon. I've been breaking my ass on it since I fixed the computer.
Don't put extra pressure on yourself: first, that whole coronavirus thing, second, your problems with computer and third, big update like this one - it would be no problem if public version will be released on half of May or even second half of it.

Last edited:

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018

Unlocked
Update Art - Test Beta devlog
This night I uploaded the little closed beta test I talked about some weeks ago, with all the code and game engine changes (And just 20 minutes of new scenes from 0.13 Akros Manor and new minigame for testing). One of the most important things was to test the New Saves system with custom naming, and some big changes to eliminate possible bugs from from some of the Penketh Paths.

And after some quick fixes all is working perfectly, so I can focus the rest of the month just in coding all the 0.13 content. I'm not confident in having it in 10 days, even coding every day, but for sure I'm going to try.
Reality is that most scenes are half coded and they'll take more time or less depending on problems I may or may not found. Also, last scenes will requiere some extra coding, you will see.

If it slips thru April it will not take much longer, I want for sure deliver you this release as soon as possible (and well) ;)

Stay safe!

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Should I give my arrows to Vael, Belinda, or the mistress?
There is no immediate result in giving the arrows (unless for taking an alternative route to advance in the castle with the building materials if wood was used to make paper, and improve money cap), so you can always leave it in the inventory for the next updates.

Derak

Jul 14, 2018
There is no immediate result in giving the arrows (unless for taking an alternative route to advance in the castle with the building materials if wood was used to make paper, and improve money cap), so you can always leave it in the inventory for the next updates.
Thanks, I'll save my arrows.

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018

Update Art & Update Status
pic: I'll post the unobscured version of the pic on the discord, because I love the colors :p
So, taking in consideration the hefty content of the update, coding is going constant and good; More than an hour of gameplay is already coded and mostly debugged. The linear parts of the update are easy to debug but due to the intensity of the scenes, the correct crafting of them take some extra time, specially counting the two main divergent paths I have yet to code.
There is another hour of gameplay to code, so having in mind current speed and quality control, It is not going to make it inside April, but it will not take much longer. I'm not making promises about an estimated date to not stress myself, so I'll just keep working every day on it and try not to think much on it, because I want to release this with the maximum quality I can afford, and that cannot be rushed as I did a bit other times.
For those who like some numbers, the update will contain more than 1500 renders (more than 600 just for still images) + 300 renders on remasters right now (this may grow as I render more remasters while I code). Right now I'm sitting at 1000 new dialogue lines, and I guess it will be around double by full release.
Keep staying safe out there!

erisedxes

Mar 17, 2018
Definitely a great game yet being underrated, you deserve much more patreon. I would like to suggest remove/reduce some of the animated cutscene as it looks grindy and potentially cost more time to render.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Definitely a great game yet being underrated, you deserve much more patreon. I would like to suggest remove/reduce some of the animated cutscene as it looks grindy and potentially cost more time to render.
Hi there and thanks. Not sure what animated cutscenes you refer about, but I can say the only thing that really cost time is Coding. In the rendering side, cost more time posing the scenes, modelling whatever is need to be modelled, setting up scenarios etc, than animating anything. Specially now with the new graphics card, rendering is the lesser of time sinks.. and I can always do other stuff (preparing more renders or coding) while rendering, specially rendering animations, because you hit render and forget.

This update for example has more than 35 individual scenes. Each scene in gameplay may just vary between 2-8 minutes, but coding them (Putting the dialogue with the correct images, the sounds, the music changes, any specific visual effects, testing the scenes, making changes to adjust the tone) etc etc... Coding each scene to what I consider optimal, usually takes hours.

For example, Robin Room Tavern scenes and all the code involved for the three paths (tavern conversations, baralis tavern conversation, all different sex scenes and changes between them) took more than 60 hours to code.

update release date ? i'm stuck cause of the bug xD
If you're stuck because the bug on Friendly Baralis Path, you could just take Enemy or dead path to check the rest of the game, also, in the current version there is more interest content on those other paths... You can start a new game and skip prologue so you are there in quite little time.

Anyway, That bug is already fixed in an early closed beta released to testers but as there is only half hour of non important gameplay I'm not releasing that one to the public.

I'm not giving any exact date to the full 0.13 release to not stress myself, I can only say that will be soon™.
I possibly have more than 100 hours to code yet, there is no way to make that faster than just to work on it everyday as much hours as I can.

leosparta

Nov 30, 2018
Hi there and thanks. Not sure what animated cutscenes you refer about, but I can say the only thing that really cost time is Coding. In the rendering side, cost more time posing the scenes, modelling whatever is need to be modelled, setting up scenarios etc, than animating anything. Specially now with the new graphics card, rendering is the lesser of time sinks.. and I can always do other stuff (preparing more renders or coding) while rendering, specially rendering animations, because you hit render and forget.

This update for example has more than 35 individual scenes. Each scene in gameplay may just vary between 2-8 minutes, but coding them (Putting the dialogue with the correct images, the sounds, the music changes, any specific visual effects, testing the scenes, making changes to adjust the tone) etc etc... Coding each scene to what I consider optimal, usually takes hours.

For example, Robin Room Tavern scenes and all the code involved for the three paths (tavern conversations, baralis tavern conversation, all different sex scenes and changes between them) took more than 60 hours to code.

If you're stuck because the bug on Friendly Baralis Path, you could just take Enemy or dead path to check the rest of the game, also, in the current version there is more interest content on those other paths... You can start a new game and skip prologue so you are there in quite little time.

Anyway, That bug is already fixed in an early closed beta released to testers but as there is only half hour of non important gameplay I'm not releasing that one to the public.

I'm not giving any exact date to the full 0.13 release to not stress myself, I can only say that will be soon™.
I possibly have more than 100 hours to code yet, there is no way to make that faster than just to work on it everyday as much hours as I can.
okay . thanks for your work btw . i wanted do a review for this game , but i'm not english so i couldnt make a long text so it was refused .

Reactions: SeventhVixen

kamoi11

May 10, 2018

Appreciate your effort! You're doing a great job.

Jul 6, 2017
great game for real best one i hope its last and dev get more money to work in it sorry for not can share but hard here
and by the way what is best choices to open all x scene and the breaker path need how much point and for mina too now i am in first step in game going to night to come to me Liliana of Maffren and want the best point and with mina dont konw what is best choice according to walkthrough that he looking for point with character put for half hour see all your posts i find the important is point for piety of knight or lewd now i just get best in opinion but stopped when the kid ask me how he call me and dont know piety of knight i take ?

and in last nice perfect game
SeventhVixen you just need more strange funny sex encounter and i don't know how to say that the sex sences be more like i can change it the game is great but something need it to will be super perfect not perfect just
i love kihera :love:

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 57 Votes