SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
More save slots is always a welcome addition to me(y)
Feel free to add more slots in the future as the game continues to grow.
Good update content wise and hopefully Michelle's 2nd sex scene becomes repeatable in the near future:BootyTime:.
The boss fight did take me by surprise, the player goes down in about 4-5 hits but the boss can take 15+ hits.
So maybe the beach boss should get less hp or give the player a little more hp to keep fights balanced.

Everything considered looking forward to dealing with the pirates and also silencing the real menace in the game mom:LOL:.
Thanks ;)

Well, that fight is a bit of a trap. You don't lose Knightly Stat if you lose that fight, in exchange. Let's say is "more canon" to lose there in that moment. But if the player is good can win and get those extra Knight points and a Steam achievement in the future as reward. In the end, Action sequences, QTE's etc, are meant to be more scenic than bonding.

Sure Sir Patrik will be more prepared next time ;)

I also have to enable the combat training in Leffrin, that way the player will be able to prepare more if he wants to approach direct conflicts.

And yes for Michelle regards. Due to the multiple, multiple endings of Part 2, I better have the code for some stuff first xD

gotmy223

Jun 4, 2017
Awesome game!!!

I just have two gripes with it. The first is I hate that I can't save whenever I want to. It makes going back to research different outcomes a minor pain (which will become a major pain as the game grows). The second are the animations. The blowjob ones are fine, but the ones involving penetration are pretty bad. They kill the scenes because it makes them more funny than fapable. I really wish they weren't there, and we got a series of renders instead. The dev of one of my favorite games (Peasant's Quest), did exactly this early in the game and it took nothing away from the H-scenes. Later when he got better with the animation process he began to incorporate them in.

Still a great game though, and I plan to support it until it's conclusion (just REALLY wish those animation scenes weren't there).

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I am kindda surprised that the first town penketh aint complete yet … Why did the game move on to a other city if the first one is not complete yet ? was it voted on ?

peregrin

Jul 27, 2018
A really nice game, congrat ! Nice story, well design characters, fun game, good hand! I could suggest to review the map tranzit(maybe is a little too slow/long?) and maybe the plan of saving during scenario(is intersting idea bcz we presume you don't know apriori the best answer so, you need to reload/replay scenario from the beginning and for some ppl could be boring).
Good job and good luck!

Helzing

May 18, 2019
The best way is my handling the XML with the text ready to be translated, but I just updated the engine and now previous translation/proofreading files will be incompatible.

I'm in the middle of the production of next release, so in order to provide the XML with the translation package, I'll release 0.13 Part 2 first ;)
thanks i am waiting

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
Thanks ;)

Well, that fight is a bit of a trap. You don't lose Knightly Stat if you lose that fight, in exchange. Let's say is "more canon" to lose there in that moment. But if the player is good can win and get those extra Knight points and a Steam achievement in the future as reward. In the end, Action sequences, QTE's etc, are meant to be more scenic than bonding.

Sure Sir Patrik will be more prepared next time ;)

I also have to enable the combat training in Leffrin, that way the player will be able to prepare more if he wants to approach direct conflicts.

And yes for Michelle regards. Due to the multiple, multiple endings of Part 2, I better have the code for some stuff first xD
And thank you for the fast response as always.(y)
Your post pretty much answers all the questions I could think of at the moment.
This game has a very solid foundation and all it's really missing right now is more story content.
I have no doubts with a year or two of more development this game is shaping up to be something special.

Spaghett

Jan 10, 2018
Interesting, bringing tiddies along with strategy. Hoping that it won't sacrifice one aspect for another. Shame there's no android version.

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
I feel kind of lost here. I hope someone is able to answer some questions (if not all, pick any).

1. What are all these "paths" for? I searched through this thread and word path is used for very different things. Would I be correct to say that paths are only Piety / Lewds / Knightly / Ambition and everything is else is "branching" as opposed to being a path? By branching I mean that you can pick how you solve a certain situation, there is only one branch and that's how you progress through the story?

2. The 4 paths that I mentioned, are they actually 4 separate paths and you have to pick one of the 4? What happens if you don't and you just keep going balanced between them? Or is Lewd supposed to be opposite of Piety and is Ambition supposed to be opposite of Knightly? If so, does this mean there you should pick one of each? Is there any locking out following these paths and would that mean that there are Lewd + Knightly, Lewd + Ambition, Piety + Knightly and Piety + Ambition "paths"?

3. What is the purpose of paths? Is it mainly about ending opportunities? If it's about locking away large portions of the game, why doing it in first place?

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I feel kind of lost here. I hope someone is able to answer some questions (if not all, pick any).

1. What are all these "paths" for? I searched through this thread and word path is used for very different things. Would I be correct to say that paths are only Piety / Lewds / Knightly / Ambition and everything is else is "branching" as opposed to being a path? By branching I mean that you can pick how you solve a certain situation, there is only one branch and that's how you progress through the story?

2. The 4 paths that I mentioned, are they actually 4 separate paths and you have to pick one of the 4? What happens if you don't and you just keep going balanced between them? Or is Lewd supposed to be opposite of Piety and is Ambition supposed to be opposite of Knightly? If so, does this mean there you should pick one of each? Is there any locking out following these paths and would that mean that there are Lewd + Knightly, Lewd + Ambition, Piety + Knightly and Piety + Ambition "paths"?

3. What is the purpose of paths? Is it mainly about ending opportunities? If it's about locking away large portions of the game, why doing it in first place?
Is a good question, Being realistic, many stuff of the game doesn't make complete sense until some features are in place or are we there yet, and It's long overdue since I make the public post in patreon about Paths & branching explaining all of it.

I like put heavy branching in the game, but it has no sense to lock down big chunks of content, specially when people is playing a not completed game. So player have the option to experience most of it during a single gameplay, beyond each little branching. So no, "Stat Paths" Doesn't lock down the other "Stat Paths"

Path naming for some things could be misleading, as players started naming Paths to the branching, and myself I name the stats related quests "Stat Paths".
But yeah, Most of the game is branching: Either you pick A or B, you will end on C. Is different solutions to solve the same problem, as you said about branching.

Only linear thing in the game is main story content, that will mostly really diverge on the final stages of the game (Chapter 6), Let's say, the different endings.

Basically:

The four cardinal stats (official name) are not paths. They're four stats pool that can be increased, as you said, trying to get balanced, and the more points in each the better to unlock more dialogue options and little choices. Is hard to be the best in all Stats in a same playthru but it can be achieved (except in one exception that has no sense worrying about now).

There are at least one quest related to each path, and they're not incompatible between. They're like companion side quests (this will start making sense soon).

Only Final choices is what locks out other final choices. Like marrying choices, and the ending choices.
Let's say in the end of a "Stat Path" (A Stat related Quest) you can marry someone? Well, that for sure will lock marrying other people in the game. But that will not lock pursuing the other Stat related quests until you get to the point you cannot marry another woman. This is a made up example.

But all really blocking choices will only appear near the end of the game, so makes no sense worrying about it now.

game freez after i give the mayor the love potion
Have you used the Cheat button? As said in the changelog, game will bug out in some places if you use the Cheats.

Reactions: trdx

shockmoment

Dec 5, 2017
I really like this game and I am sure putting this together is no walk in the park. I hope you can do the final release in steam. I think it will be as successful as Being a DIK. And you sir truly deserve every penny from us.
Keep up the good work !!

• Red Heart
Reactions: SeventhVixen
4.40 star(s) 57 Votes