fp1978bc

Jun 9, 2020
This looks awesome. The models look unique and that isn´t easy to find. A pity that I cannot install your game in my Mac. I failed entering the instructions on the terminal. I will be looking forward for any updates for the macintosh version.

Last edited:

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
This looks awesome. The models look unique and that it isn´t easy to find. A pity that I cannot install your game in my Mac. I failed entering the instructions on the terminal. I will be looking forward for any updates for the macintosh version.
thx. I've been told that looks like the MAC version available for download now works on all MACs... Maybe I'll try to add some tutorial link on how to introduce well the codes or something if that was a problem.

Reactions: Dexco and fp1978bc

fp1978bc

Jun 9, 2020
That would be very helpful, thanks.
Although my problem is that my terminal doesn´t look the way it is suppose to, and I can revert to the normal state. It would be great having an executable, but maybe is too much to ask.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
That would be very helpful, thanks.
Although my problem is that my terminal doesn´t look the way it is suppose to, and I can revert to the normal state. It would be great having an executable, but maybe is too much to ask.
Maybe other MAC player can upload a fixed version? I'll ask around.

Reactions: fp1978bc

valantis

Jul 13, 2017
For those with the graphics bug, I completly overhauled the graphics system, so you can check last version. 0.13.p1.Xf
Tried the new version but unfortunately the problem with black screen is still there. I post a screenshot so you have a better idea what I am talking about

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Tried the new version but unfortunately the problem with black screen is still there. I post a screenshot so you have a better idea what I am talking about
the user Mr got it solved it in new version (At least Leffrin). He says sometimes ocurr again (strange) but saving and loading fixes it. I don't know if he reached Hartlepool but.... I'll see what he tolds me.

BTW... I got that you reached Hartlepool with previous version and just test a load in the new version right?
And I guess you tried saving/loading? Did you test that if in Leffrin happens the same?

It is a very strange bug specially after the graphic engine changes and other safeguards I've put... And specially since 3 people reported it, it must affect at least 1-5% of players...(that's big).

I'll see if MR had reached Hartlepool. Being so obscure problem (no pun intented) can't even say if "deleting cache" somewhere", using other save, restarting, anything, can help. Dissapointing.

But the most strange thing is that the previous version (0.13.p1.d) had a very different game engine than 0.13.p1.Xd, and now a very different graphics engine on Xf.

Oof.

Edit: BTW I guess you checked changing fullscreen mode, changing resolution, etc.

Reactions: mra70181

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Btw looking at that image... I don't see the lens dirt there. (the grey spots other times people said there were there). Is just in that screenshoot or you never see them?

valantis

Jul 13, 2017
the user Mr got it solved it in new version (At least Leffrin). He says sometimes ocurr again (strange) but saving and loading fixes it. I don't know if he reached Hartlepool but.... I'll see what he tolds me.

BTW... I got that you reached Hartlepool with previous version and just test a load in the new version right?
And I guess you tried saving/loading? Did you test that if in Leffrin happens the same?

It is a very strange bug specially after the graphic engine changes and other safeguards I've put... And specially since 3 people reported it, it must affect at least 1-5% of players...(that's big).

I'll see if MR had reached Hartlepool. Being so obscure problem (no pun intented) can't even say if "deleting cache" somewhere", using other save, restarting, anything, can help. Dissapointing.

But the most strange thing is that the previous version (0.13.p1.d) had a very different game engine than 0.13.p1.Xd, and now a very different graphics engine on Xf.

Oof.

Edit: BTW I guess you checked changing fullscreen mode, changing resolution, etc.
This is what Leffrin looks like

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
That's very strange. Very. Very strange. Becausee your playing on PC and with .Xf right? (btw... that's not a black screen.... I'll wish to call that progress................)

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Well, with the proof provided, Maybe I guess I just have to do an alternative version with 0 visual effects and see what happens.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
As far as I know (and I know little), but looking at that Leffrin screenshot, could be a problem that could be solved forcing the game to run with different graphic system (dx - opengl)

Create a shorcut to the game and add the commands like this:

"C:\Unity C\BFLar013p1Xf_win64\BattleforLuvia.exe" -force-clamped

This is one forcing Opengl. Other options are:

-force-glcore
-force-d3d12
-force-d3d11

valantis

Jul 13, 2017
As far as I know (and I know little), but looking at that Leffrin screenshot, could be a problem that could be solved forcing the game to run with different graphic system (dx - opengl)

Create a shorcut to the game and add the commands like this:

"C:\Unity C\BFLar013p1Xf_win64\BattleforLuvia.exe" -force-clamped

This is one forcing Opengl. Other options are:

-force-glcore
-force-d3d12
-force-d3d11
Add the commands where?

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Add the commands where?
In a shorcut to the exe, like this.
Image3.png

It's a long shot, but if I don't find how to fix this, next release in a few days will not be fixed for those who have the problem yet.
(Just the Extra scene release, not 0.13.p2, that's next :p)

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Ok. As just commented on the discord,

To me look like a a driver - Dx - OpenGl issue. Almost pretty sure
On valantis screenshot of hartlepool, the black screenshot on hartlepool doesn't show lens dirt, meaning, visual effects are deactivated. And Leffrin has a green blur stuff all over the place, like the MAC guy that have that bug all the game (that was because a shader that didn't worked on all MACs, a shader that I eliminated changing the graphic engines.)

so yeah, sticking to the plan. I'll just made an extra version with all graphic effects deactivated.
No idea why it only affects those two scenes.

On next release I'll made the additional version, too much job to activate and rectivate just for a test version.

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes