kzar99

Mar 18, 2019
Yep, but after some Linux user told me that he was having problems I made a dedicated Linux version
Ps: thx for the specs
i think i was that user - at that moment i was trying the win version (from main post) to run it with wine emulator (version 4.x)
it didn't work as (i found out later) that version of wine emulator did not offer full support to dx11 (game would load up to menu, without mouse cursor and with black screens afterwards - no graphics at all past the menu)

in the meantime i got a new vga (geforce 1050 instead of my old geforce 640)
( i think the black screen had something to do with Dx11 not fully supported and/or lack of support for DxVK - not sure on this, just taking a wild guess, since these 2 are the major parts of new wine version + new vga)
game works perfectly with win64+wine (at least up to the start of chapter 2 - haven't proceed further yet)

TL;DR for whoever run to this post...
ubuntu 18.04 + wine 5 + vga drivers that support full features of DX11 and/or DxVK = purfect run with win 64 client

now to test the pure linux client to try it out on next weekend - i will post anything strange (and possible debug info)

Reactions: SeventhVixen

Raife

May 16, 2018
Yes, there are some terminal commands to be used. Instructions on the readme ;)
Yeah, no thanks. I'll skip messing with the terminal and run keep running it in Windows via Bootcamp. I am not remotely skilled enough to fix any potential mistakes that I make with my system. I believe you when you say that it works. A more competent user can confirm it for you. (I am very aware of my own limitations in this area, and apologize for being unable to help.)

mra70181

Oct 24, 2017
-Well, the fix could not be just Fade Camera everytime one enters a town because that breaks cutscenes in some towns. So I just added a Fade In Camera in Leffrin. But as a safeguard of that passing in other places, now when loading a game always fade camera. (It looks worst, but at least will fix that strange bug). I guess i'll have to unearth what is the real issue.
umm.... played from the saved files again but still facing that blackscreen whenever I enter Leffrin so what I did is skip the whole scene and followed the walk-through and went to Akros Manor as said and amazingly the scenes started showing but when i loaded leffrin again...same...the blackscreen. However all the dialogues and buttons are working....just the scene is not shown.

-So, fixed the map movement I think. Some changes in physics. Now the it moves slower, but anyway, it will only load the next level if is ready, so if in 10 seconds has not reached destination or loaded the level, will teleport. So the speed at what he moves is not relevant.
about the movement...yeah it got fixed and the player moves to the destination and stops until the full loading is done

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
umm.... played from the saved files again but still facing that blackscreen whenever I enter Leffrin so what I did is skip the whole scene and followed the walk-through and went to Akros Manor as said and amazingly the scenes started showing but when i loaded leffrin again...same...the blackscreen. However all the dialogues and buttons are working....just the scene is not shown.

about the movement...yeah it got fixed and the player moves to the destination and stops until the full loading is done
"Do you saved and load with leffrin? Check that"

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018

What path you has take?

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019

If the problem is that for some reason Leffrin doesn't fade in the camera, Saving And Loading Inside Leffrin, that will fade the camera in.

If is not a simple bug of the game maybe a graphics issue. Do you have DirectX11?

mra70181

Oct 24, 2017
I did what you asked and tried to save the game in leffrin and then tried to load from that again but still only when in leffrin this blackscreen is appearing. And yes I have installed the latest DirectX11. However if i move to Manor, Penketh or the Gypsy camp then the game is running as usual and i have played almost at the end of the chapter 1 so far no problems with other scenes except for the ones in Leffrin.

Last edited:

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
I did what you asked and tried to save the game in leffrin and then tried to load from that again but still only when in leffrin this blackscreen is appearing. And yes I have installed the latest DirectX11. However if i move to Manor, Penketh or the Gypsy camp then the game is as usual and i have played almost at the end of the chapter 1 so far no problems with other scenes except for the ones in Leffrin.
Guys you are skip prologue. Or intro?
Bolero

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
Guys you are skip prologue. Or intro?
Bolero
I tried both (skipping and playing from the beginning) same result. Anyways deleted all versions of the game i downloaded these past days. I wish you and the developer all the best in the future, with this game and with your future projects, you are very kind and seem like cool people. Take care.

Reactions: mra70181

valantis

Jul 13, 2017
I tried both (skipping and playing from the beginning) same result. Anyways deleted all versions of the game i downloaded these past days. I wish you and the developer all the best in the future, with this game and with your future projects, you are very kind and seem like cool people. Take care.
Same here tried skipping and playing, same result

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes