SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Ok, after many tries looks like we have a winner:
This looks like working well (not crashing and graphics well) with the usual permissions given. Please any MAC users drop a line.

Same as win32 and Linux users please.

valantis

Jul 13, 2017
This one has black screen in leffrin too. So the one that works for me is 013p1d, that one does not have black screen and on map it seems like it works better (horse stops at town and does not continue riding past the town). Anyways thank you for trying to help, i will not bother you anymore and will play the previous update 013p1d it still has decent ammount of new content for me, first time i played the game was in one of the first uod.

This one has black screen in leffrin too. So the one that works for me is 013p1d, that one does not have black screen and on map it seems like it works better (horse stops at town and does not continue riding past the town). Anyways thank you for trying to help, i will not bother you anymore and will play the previous update 013p1d it still has decent amount of new content for me, the last time i played the game was in one of the first updates.
I get the same problem with the screen when I visit Hartlepool, using the older version. Bolero can you check if you have the same issue?

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I get the same problem with the screen when I visit Hartlepool, using the older version. Bolero can you check if you have the same issue?
Previous version has been out there nearly two months, with a previous version of the engine, and nobody reported this, so it must be unrelated with the engine update... :cautious:

I've not been able to reproduce the black screens, nor anyone I asked....
I'd basically suspect some type of performance issue on loading levels, but performance unity related issues are usually not exactly reproducible... Unless you're using speed modes travelling on map...

So you saying you where getting that black screen on first visit on hartlepool on 0.13.p1.d?

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
This MAC VERSION looks like working well (not crashing and graphics well) with the usual permissions given. Please any MAC users drop a line.

I tried the Linux version. Seems to be fully functional, but only when launched from a console, without Steam.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I tried the Linux version. Seems to be fully functional, but only when launched from a console, without Steam.
Nice to hear. Well, I did nothing special for it just than make the build specially for linux; to see if worked well then with a fast switch from the windows code. It's good to hear. In the future I'll learn how to integrate it more correctly.

Just tell me if you find any problems playing.

kzar99

Mar 18, 2019
Nice to hear. Well, I did nothing special for it just than make the build specially for linux; to see if worked well then with a fast switch from the windows code. It's good to hear. In the future I'll learn how to integrate it more correctly.

I just tested the windows version with linux - it works perfectly without any noticeable bugs or errors
my box:
Linux 5.3.0-62-generic #56~18.04.1-Ubuntu x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
wine 5.0.1
vga GeForce GTX 1050

mra70181

Oct 24, 2017
idk if it's a bug in the game or sth wrong with my pc but after the prologue when we need to go to Penketh and then back to Leffrin. I am getting a black screen but the buttons are there. Below is the image. I dont know how it happened cuz until now the game was running smoothly. Also i tried to reload and restart the game but nothing happened. Then i reinstall the game again. Still the same error. Tried to skip through to avoid the bug but it continued. Untitled.png

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
idk if it's a bug in the game or sth wrong with my pc but after the prologue when we need to go to Penketh and then back to Leffrin. I am getting a black screen but the buttons are there. Below is the image. I dont know how it happened cuz until now the game was running smoothly. Also i tried to reload and restart the game but nothing happened. Then i reinstall the game again. Still the same error. Tried to skip through to avoid the bug but it continued. View attachment 727493
Thanks that ramdon bug was reported

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I just tested the windows version with linux - it works perfectly without any noticeable bugs or errors
my box:
Linux 5.3.0-62-generic #56~18.04.1-Ubuntu x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
wine 5.0.1
vga GeForce GTX 1050
Yep, but after some Linux user told me that he was having problems I made a dedicated Linux version
Ps: thx for the specs

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
idk if it's a bug in the game or sth wrong with my pc but after the prologue when we need to go to Penketh and then back to Leffrin. I am getting a black screen but the buttons are there. Below is the image. I dont know how it happened cuz until now the game was running smoothly. Also i tried to reload and restart the game but nothing happened. Then i reinstall the game again. Still the same error. Tried to skip through to avoid the bug but it continued. View attachment 727493
Yes, you're the third person reporting this. It's because the camera just fade out and never fade in again. But I don't understand why not more people have found the problem, and I'm not able to reproduce it. Btw, technically when you enter a town, like in that moment, you should be able to pass day to night etc. That didn't fix it either right?

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Fuck Really... I was going to sleep soon but I think I'm going to make a quick version with a safeguard. Theoretically the map movement should be fixed too. With past month engines updates there was a lot to adjust to make sure the game keept working well and clearly was not tested enough.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

mra70181

Oct 24, 2017
Btw, technically when you enter a town, like in that moment, you should be able to pass day to night etc. That didn't fix it either right?
I tried them like going back and forth the town and changing the day from evening to night but still it didnot fix the error/bug

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Ok. So

mra70181 valantis Bolero

-Well, the fix could not be just Fade Camera everytime one enters a town because that breaks cutscenes in some towns. So I just added a Fade In Camera in Leffrin. But as a safeguard of that passing in other places, now when loading a game always fade camera. (It looks worst, but at least will fix that strange bug). I guess i'll have to unearth what is the real issue.

-Also made some checks on performance.... Let's see how it works now.

-So, fixed the map movement I think. Some changes in physics. Now the it moves slower, but anyway, it will only load the next level if is ready, so if in 10 seconds has not reached destination or loaded the level, will teleport. So the speed at what he moves is not relevant.

Please if your patience is not drained :p, tell me if this version solved the issues, in that case, I'll put it as main download.

BTW: You don't need to restart a game. Just go back to that black screen, save and load.

Last edited:
Reactions: mra70181

Raife

May 16, 2018
This MAC VERSION looks like working well (not crashing and graphics well) with the usual permissions given. Please any MAC users drop a line.

I am a Mac user and it does not work for me. It may have something to do with the zip file, rather than the game itself. I just get the all-to-typical 'The Application "BattleforLuvia" can not be opened' message. This is a common issue with Macs, and I do not know how to deal with it.

It's not really worth bothering about, though -- I just play the Windows version in Bootcamp and it runs without a hitch.

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
I am a Mac user and it does not work for me. It may have something to do with the zip file, rather than the game itself. I just get the all-to-typical 'The Application "BattleforLuvia" can not be opened' message. This is a common issue with Macs, and I do not know how to deal with it.

It's not really worth bothering about, though -- I just play the Windows version in Bootcamp and it runs without a hitch.
You has try the permission?

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019

Yes, there are some terminal commands to be used. Instructions on the readme ;)

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes