BasedWilson

May 21, 2020
Hi there!
it's been some time I don't update info here (I don't update many information in patreon right now but anyone can ask me in discord).
My sight is not still good for coding (the more I work the more recovery time I need later so I have to wait patiently.....)

So releases are generally delayed, but not the work on art. So I keep working on 0.20 graphics (it's a big update and I'll see if is only one update or two). Code will be way easy than 0.15 as is only scenes and scenes. (So eventually art and code will be matched up).

So the only thing I can do for now is just keep making scenes for 0.20 until my eyes are fully recovered (I hope by now in less of a week... But I don't look like a quick healer in this case). When I'm Ok to code I'll release 0.19 quickly and probably have enough material to start coding 0.20.
Health comes first, hope you have a speedy recovery. I appreciate your work very much and the mods are helpful in keeping us updated

Nov 25, 2018
Hi there!
it's been some time I don't update info here (I don't update many information in patreon right now but anyone can ask me in discord).
My sight is not still good for coding (the more I work the more recovery time I need later so I have to wait patiently.....)

So releases are generally delayed, but not the work on art. So I keep working on 0.20 graphics (it's a big update and I'll see if is only one update or two). Code will be way easy than 0.15 as is only scenes and scenes. (So eventually art and code will be matched up).

So the only thing I can do for now is just keep making scenes for 0.20 until my eyes are fully recovered (I hope by now in less of a week... But I don't look like a quick healer in this case). When I'm Ok to code I'll release 0.19 quickly and probably have enough material to start coding 0.20.
A small tip to aid your recovery. If it's painful, you should bring the brightness of your screen down to minimal. When your eyes are okay, you can bring it back up. It will not be really pleasant to work with brightness down but your eyes might get some relief. I had inflammatory eye problem, and turning brightness down helped a lot! :) When you work long hours, every 30 minutes, try to look at something far away from computer screen. Omega 3's and Vitamin A promotes healing of eye tissue me guess.. hmm... drink plenty water so your eyes are not dried easily. Color temperature of your monitor shouldn't be blue, but warm or more reddish. Also I read " taurine appears to have vital roles in the eyes for all tested mammalian species including primates. This protection and growth promoting properties seen with taurine are hypothesized to either be due to a stimulatory effect on photoreceptors and rhodopsin (a pigment vital for sight) or secondary to controlling prooxidative stressors within the eye that are a result of light stimulation." Some good sources of it should be chicken, beef, seafood, like tuna, scallops, shrimp, hmm.. sea weed if you like japanese food it will not be issue for you. Otherwise monster and redbull have plenty taurine see ;) ;) lol good luck! <3

Reactions: Ssato243

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018

Unlocked
Art Update - 0.20 progress and notes
pic: 0.20: Crime and Punishement
First of all sorry if the writing maybe be confusing but I'm having a hard time just right now, eyes tired:
1. The Personal note
As some of you know my sight is still recovering. Little news here. So I keep making scenes for 0.20 while waiting to be able to code These weeks I'm only able to work 6-8 hours before my sight gets blurry and I need to get out of the computer for many hours to recover. Reading and Writing is what tires most my eyes so... (Anyway, I'm a lot better than 9 days ago just when I got the new glasses, but humans, we like to complain when there is a problem XD Sight is my second most important tool)
2: About Progress
Well, better said, more than making scenes for 0.20, I'm making scenes for Kaelkirk, Penketh and Gypsy Camp for All the rest of Chapter 2.
When I release 0.19 (that will be coded quickly after I can code without harm) I'll probably be able to start coding 0.20 with the material I already have.
Just sharing my thoughts about the 0.20 release; As coding is delayed and all the content for chapter 2 in those places is quite big, I guess the release will contain All the mainstory for Kaelkirk (that is fun business, not so serious as 0.15), and just Penketh and gypsy camp advancement, not all of it ('cause if not will be a more than 2'5h of content and too long to code). So I guess the conclusion of those zones will come with the next updates, along the Grassmere content and End of chapter content. (the best for last I guess!)
(As a note, every major update I made is with around 25, five-minutes-long-scene scenes, for 1'5h hours of total length). And the content planned and in the works for Kaelkirk, Gypsy camp and Penketh is around 40 scenes, that's why)
February has been a frustating month, but with all the acumulated work of all months when I could work on 0.20 (or as said, those zones for all chapter 2), more than 300 renders and more than 20 animations are ready, so there is that (But when I can work completly the rest will came faster, specially If I get the new computer)
I would have liked to be able to work more in chapter 3 to make the Trailer of the game, but well, now everything optional is put aside until I got up to speed with releases, there will be a lot to code soon enough!
Sorry if I don't post to much information but writing right now is the worst part. So I'll keep in the Art chopping block and trying not to tire my eyes much for a better recovery.
Next post some Baron comission ;)
See you around!

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
A small tip to aid your recovery. If it's painful, you should bring the brightness of your screen down to minimal. When your eyes are okay, you can bring it back up. It will not be really pleasant to work with brightness down but your eyes might get some relief. I had inflammatory eye problem, and turning brightness down helped a lot! :) When you work long hours, every 30 minutes, try to look at something far away from computer screen. Omega 3's and Vitamin A promotes healing of eye tissue me guess.. hmm... drink plenty water so your eyes are not dried easily. Color temperature of your monitor shouldn't be blue, but warm or more reddish. Also I read " taurine appears to have vital roles in the eyes for all tested mammalian species including primates. This protection and growth promoting properties seen with taurine are hypothesized to either be due to a stimulatory effect on photoreceptors and rhodopsin (a pigment vital for sight) or secondary to controlling prooxidative stressors within the eye that are a result of light stimulation." Some good sources of it should be chicken, beef, seafood, like tuna, scallops, shrimp, hmm.. sea weed if you like japanese food it will not be issue for you. Otherwise monster and redbull have plenty taurine see ;) ;) lol good luck! <3
thx for the tips, specially the culinary ones and to take short breaks, I usually forget that. About brightness, althought totally has to do some times (high brighness has always bother me a lot), is more the blurrines of lack of contrast. I have astigmatism so by default I see blurry without glasses. My mind has to focus to see the words, no matter size (so upping scale of text hasn't worked... and even then, some software is not very user-friendly with bigger words.. You just cannot see all the stuff that you need to see while working).

Right now, althought I starting to see quite better some hours some days, when my eyes got tired of focusing (well, the left eye) is like the blurriness increases on that eye, making my brain do extra focus and I get quite confused by the effort, Is like when being sleeppy that you cannot focus, thus the problem to code.
I'm just happy to see some slow progress, as I said, my sight is my second more important tool of work.

I can identify shapes easily so the brain barely focus on that, so I can render easily. But even for rendering I have to read here and there.... It will be easier if I had other hobbies/work rather than the computer but, here even "the street is closed" with the covid so beyond spending some time with the kid... (So for me is very hard to be out of the computer not working/doing something while working)

Man, when I was good even my usual hobby beyond BFL was rendering more or tamper with experimental code XD
But I can't complain, worst things happen.

PS: And yes now I regret taking so much time writing this but I can't help it xD

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes