VN Ren'Py Completed Battle of the Bulges [v1.0] [EpicLust]

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
This was a great update, Tim. You already know my thoughts on this game, so I'll just state my favourite thing about this update: fucking Pamela. Thank you for this! Also, humour was great, as always. Wasn't expecting an update so quickly, so props for that.

Now, 0.7 should conclude the last few sex scenes, I'm assuming, but there should be room for bonus scenes, as well. Please, if you have the spare time, add another Nancy sex scene hahaha. She is my favourite character! Other than that, keep up the good work.

By the way, I didn't find a signature for the game while using the search function, though I'd like to advertise the development of this game. Has anyone made one?
Thanks, glad you enjoyed!
Yes, there will bonus scenes on Saturday, won't say who it will involve... ;)
I haven't made a signature and am not aware of someone who did but I guess just copy-pasting the OP image should be fine?

Mattock

May 27, 2018
[...]
File "game/challenger.rpy", line 12, in script
if (d24roll == 23) and (day == 2):
Exception: Possible infinite loop.
[...]
The only way I can see that happen is when you have cheated and put all girls at 10 points for José. Then José's points have nowhere to go. Did you install any mod?
I second zapallbugs' asumption, but even so I always thought this a high possiblity for an infinite loop!
(I think it e.g. possible if Jose fucked 23 girls and the 24th is cockblocked by the player, this'll lead to said infinite loop...)

suggestion @timdonehy200 : (spoiler)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
EDIT2: some clarification of code-example

Reactions: zapallbugs

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I second zapallbugs' asumption, but even so I always thought this a high possiblity for an infinite loop!
(I think it e.g. possible if Jose fucked 23 girls and the 24th is cockblocked by the player, this'll lead to said infinite loop...)

suggestion @timdonehy200 : (spoiler)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, Tim provided a different way out of the loop with:
if (girlsfucked == 24):
return
But of course that doesn't work when José points for girls are changed in a way different from the challenger code. That's why I asked the reporter about any mods being installed.

Edit: and I just now realise that is not going to work when cockblocking comes into it either. Still, José fucking upwards of 20 girls seems a very remote chance too. Come to think of it, really impossible, as the guy can only get about 130 point by the end of day 6.

Edit2: thinking further, with the current code José doesn't need to approach more than 20 girls. When he is at less than 12 (including cockblocks) the random chance to find a free girl that can receive points is more than 50 percent. But when he gets over half the random time to find a free girl will increase exponentially. And that's where the infinite loop detection may come in.
But even with the max number of cockblocks leaving 9 girls done by José seems quite a lot for the guy.

Edit3: I still haven't found out what the pass count is for the infinite loop detection. If it is a fairly low number, the reporter of this issue may just have had an unbelievable string of bad luck by randonly hitting only girls already spoken for either by José or cockblocking.

Edit4: the infinite loop detection does not seem to work on a number of passes along some label as I hoped, but purely on elapsed wall-clock time. That means the infinite loop detection can hit any time when there is not enoguh cpu available to run the game. So while I can see the logical correctness of @Mattock 's solution I am not sure adding a lot of coding will help in this situation. It may make matters worse. As there are almost no reports of infinite loop problems here I think what happened to the reporter is something really unlikely. So, unless more reports come in of the challenger code failing I recommend Tim to leave it as is.

Reactions: Mattock

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Well, Tim provided a different way out of the loop with:
if (girlsfucked == 24):
return
But of course that doesn't work when José points for girls are changed in a way different from the challenger code. That's why I asked the reporter about any mods being installed.

Edit: and I just now realise that is not going to work when cockblocking comes into it either. Still, José fucking upwards of 20 girls seems a very remote chance too. Come to think of it, really impossible, as the guy can only get about 130 point by the end of day 6.

Edit2: thinking further, with the current code José doesn't need to approach more than 20 girls. When he is at less than 12 (including cockblocks) the random chance to find a free girl that can receive points is more than 50 percent. But when he gets over half the random time to find a free girl will increase exponentially. And that's where the infinite loop detection may come in.
But even with the max number of cockblocks leaving 9 girls done by José seems quite a lot for the guy.

Edit3: I still haven't found out what the pass count is for the infinite loop detection. If it is a fairly low number, the reporter of this issue may just have had an unbelievable string of bad luck by randonly hitting only girls already spoken for either by José or cockblocking.

Edit4: the infinite loop detection does not seem to work on a number of passes along some label as I hoped, but purely on elapsed wall-clock time. That means the infinite loop detection can hit any time when there is not enoguh cpu available to run the game. So while I can see the logical correctness of @Mattock 's solution I am not sure adding a lot of coding will help in this situation. It may make matters worse. As there are almost no reports of infinite loop problems here I think what happened to the reporter is something really unlikely. So, unless more reports come in of the challenger code failing I recommend Tim to leave it as is.
I think it's because I changed totally the variable girlsfucked, which I forgot to mention to people. It now only goes up when José fucks a girl, so I guess he must have played from a saved game where girlsfucked was already high up due to the MC fucking girls and now we are over 24. If you start a new game, this cannot happen and an infinite loop is impossible.

Reactions: Canto Forte

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I think it's because I changed totally the variable girlsfucked, which I forgot to mention to people. It now only goes up when José fucks a girl, so I guess he must have played from a saved game where girlsfucked was already high up due to the MC fucking girls and now we are over 24. If you start a new game, this cannot happen and an infinite loop is impossible.
Possible, but I doubt it. If he was playing from a V0.5 save with the old logic, the max girslfucked could be from MC actions is 15. Then José would have needed to do another 10 girls to get over 24. Almost impossible with 130 points at the end of day 6. I think the scenario that @Mattock is describing is more likely. And my reasoning under edit2 above. Even though that is fairly unlikely as well. Which is confirmed by the fact that we have had only one report so far.

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
What exactly am I messing up with? I'm trying to fuck both Maria and Teagan on the field trip, but I only get epic lust for Teagan, and I'm only like 1 away from Maria joining in? Did I miss something?

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
What exactly am I messing up with? I'm trying to fuck both Maria and Teagan on the field trip, but I only get epic lust for Teagan, and I'm only like 1 away from Maria joining in? Did I miss something?
Ah nevermind. I just needed to meet Maria one more time for the library.

Oct 24, 2017
I have asked Krull to make a signature for this game. Please thank him and like his post if you decide to use it! It's found on the final post of page 222 (post 4,440). Or you can right click and "View Image" my signature to save it that way.

On behalf of everyone here, thanks Krull!!

Gomugomuno

Jun 26, 2018
Hey Battle of the bulges community !
I came here to get some informations :
I already fucked Frieda, Halle, Kate, Katsumi, Maddy, Nancy and Nikki.
Which girls have I missed ? Can we fuck Brittany or not yet ?

Thank you in advance !

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017

Thank you in advance !
Err, yeah, you missed a lot of girls. Every girl is fuckable so far except Doris and Daniella....

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018

Thank you in advance !
There are 22 girls available on day 6, but it is impossible to get them all without cheating. My best effort was 19 without cheating. See the 2nd tab of my xls here https://f95zone.to/threads/battle-of-the-bulges-v0-6-epiclust.5528/page-214#post-1739036 for the path taken for that.

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes