3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
Looking forward to seeing more of your progress in unity
Thanks! Right now I'm working on the maps/worldbuilding first to get my head around working with Unity.. Exciting stuff! On initial release I'm planning to have roughly 3/4 Separate areas, including an NPC village/town, a forest locale and a kinda mountainous meadow type thing.. It feels a lot easier to work with than RPGMaker and it's only frozen once as opposed to how many times RPGMaker would freeze or lock up.
Are there bad endings in this game?
Technically yes, you can reach full lust and the game will end, but other than that there's no *actual* bad endings in the RPGMaker version.. Planned maybe in the Unity version, but it won't be a bad end in the traditional sense, if you get a full lust bar in battles the enemy decides what to do you with you and then the game either ends or something else happens ;)

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018

Unity Update 10.10.2020

Sorry for the lateness of this latest update, for a short while I was ingraciating myself with how code functioned in Unity, mainly with area transitions.. As you can see, in the video there are two transitions between the two separate scenes, but I wanted to create a script which moved the entrance of the scene to a different portion of the level, and setting that up was by itself a headache.. It's amazing the things you take for granted when you have to start from scratch!! Anyway, next up probably more code and worldbuilding, and we'll see where we are really.. I want to put something out soonish but only time will tell since it's not just a case of porting things after all it's a chance at improving some things as well.. I managed to avoid some serious issues down the line too which bodes well for us so far..

Stay tuned for more updates, and sorry this one took so long to put out!

Feedback/Input is appreciated thus far!! Thank you!

Abby223

Aug 18, 2020
*dumb rant* Please please please don't make the towns and outer maps massive like in so many RPGM games that try for some reason to make it realistic(it's not) or take you on some repetitive adventure just to go from a to b or huge houses or buildings to get lost it when there's only 2-3 rooms that are actually having something to do with the game or quest *end dumb rant*

Reactions: joetheflower

joetheflower

Apr 3, 2018

Unity Update 10.10.2020

Sorry for the lateness of this latest update, for a short while I was ingraciating myself with how code functioned in Unity, mainly with area transitions.. As you can see, in the video there are two transitions between the two separate scenes, but I wanted to create a script which moved the entrance of the scene to a different portion of the level, and setting that up was by itself a headache.. It's amazing the things you take for granted when you have to start from scratch!! Anyway, next up probably more code and worldbuilding, and we'll see where we are really.. I want to put something out soonish but only time will tell since it's not just a case of porting things after all it's a chance at improving some things as well.. I managed to avoid some serious issues down the line too which bodes well for us so far..

oh so your actually going to start over again with unity, hope it goes well! i know its gonna be alot to learn but i think it will defiantly be worth it! actully using a game engine to make this game is for sure the right call since RPG maker while easy to use, can be kinda limiting when it comes to large scale projects. like this one seems to be.

slanto

Jul 22, 2018

Unity Update 10.10.2020

That looks really awesome. If I were to give it feedback and of course, this doesn't apply to all, if you are going to have large maps, consider making landmarks to set tiny details apart to refrain from getting lost. (Looking at the large forest that several goblin enemies and three thieves).
If not landmarks, a mini-map that perhaps is drawn as you explore areas, otherwise, refrain from making maps too big and maze-like.

Reactions: Abby223

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
*dumb rant* Please please please don't make the towns and outer maps massive like in so many RPGM games that try for some reason to make it realistic(it's not) or take you on some repetitive adventure just to go from a to b or huge houses or buildings to get lost it when there's only 2-3 rooms that are actually having something to do with the game or quest *end dumb rant*
I hope this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I would much prefer to build larger areas than ones divided into small maps for the time being at least. Down the line it will perhaps be a different story, but for the time being, so long as it's not filled with empty space I hope people can stomach the larger areas, without being necessarily extreme of course. I want to fulfill both the desire for exploration and gameplay, the initial release will likely be a freeroam sort of thing so larger areas will most likely be used.
That looks really awesome. If I were to give it feedback and of course, this doesn't apply to all, if you are going to have large maps, consider making landmarks to set tiny details apart to refrain from getting lost. (Looking at the large forest that several goblin enemies and three thieves).
If not landmarks, a mini-map that perhaps is drawn as you explore areas, otherwise, refrain from making maps too big and maze-like.
That sounds like a good idea, I think Minimap would also be very nifty but that's a task for another day I think :LOL:

World building is still a priority for me, but right now I'm currently going over battle systems/animations and trying not to repeat old mistakes.. With a clean slate I feel like there is much more potential for improvement and innovation over an already established system like RPGMAKER though, so already I feel like I'm on somewhat of a headstart, it's all about implementation now.. I think you're right about landmarks and the like though, I suppose this map was an odd example really but it's by no means finished of course.
oh so your actually going to start over again with unity, hope it goes well! i know its gonna be alot to learn but i think it will defiantly be worth it! actully using a game engine to make this game is for sure the right call since RPG maker while easy to use, can be kinda limiting when it comes to large scale projects. like this one seems to be.
Hey thanks! Interestingly It potentially should also be able to run better on older machines too since I intend to keep it as optimized as possible :LOL:

Abby223

Aug 18, 2020
I hope this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I would much prefer to build larger areas than ones divided into small maps for the time being at least. Down the line it will perhaps be a different story, but for the time being, so long as it's not filled with empty space I hope people can stomach the larger areas, without being necessarily extreme of course. I want to fulfill both the desire for exploration and gameplay, the initial release will likely be a freeroam sort of thing so larger areas will most likely be used.

That sounds like a good idea, I think Minimap would also be very nifty but that's a task for another day I think :LOL:

World building is still a priority for me, but right now I'm currently going over battle systems/animations and trying not to repeat old mistakes.. With a clean slate I feel like there is much more potential for improvement and innovation over an already established system like RPGMAKER though, so already I feel like I'm on somewhat of a headstart, it's all about implementation now.. I think you're right about landmarks and the like though, I suppose this map was an odd example really but it's by no means finished of course.

Hey thanks! Interestingly It potentially should also be able to run better on older machines too since I intend to keep it as optimized as possible :LOL:
Maybe it's just me but I like the smaller map sizes like Treasure of Nadia and having multiple maps like an old school RPG, you can almost see everything on one screen opposed to some of these RPGM games where one map is like 8x your monitor size but there's nothing there just a place to "explore" even though it's an a to b map with nothing to actually find, or your house or dorm etc its massive mansion and almost get lost just finding the tiny door to the next floor etc

deekinftw

Mar 22, 2018
Played the current (non-Unity) version, came across bugs. For some reason viewing close-ups for anal on certain enemies (Bandits come to mind) causes file errors as it weirdly tries to use non-existant image files. Also the Transformation Girl mode is borked starting right after you choose to have sex with Clarissa (or say no, doesn't matter which) where the game will fade to black as they leave the screen and won't fade back in. Since the Free Play mode is the same mode just with your pick of character, I assume it's also borked there. Lastly, if you turn Nene into a futa (via the item you start with that does that), the game will crash when you enter a battle with her.

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
At the risk of being chewed out I think I might have something to show for tonight, bearing in mind this is whilst I wait for photoshop to download which is literally like watching paint dry, but at the same time I don't have any intention of coding anymore for tonight so I wanted to hop onto working with 2d Rigs, and by extension photoshop (and the import feature used by Unity for PSD files):

This is just a little mockup of a battle scene I managed to make whilst following some very helpful tutorials online.. Nothing here is final of course, but just giving everyone a nice little update!

Last edited:

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
Played the current (non-Unity) version, came across bugs. For some reason viewing close-ups for anal on certain enemies (Bandits come to mind) causes file errors as it weirdly tries to use non-existant image files. Also the Transformation Girl mode is borked starting right after you choose to have sex with Clarissa (or say no, doesn't matter which) where the game will fade to black as they leave the screen and won't fade back in. Since the Free Play mode is the same mode just with your pick of character, I assume it's also borked there. Lastly, if you turn Nene into a futa (via the item you start with that does that), the game will crash when you enter a battle with her.
Sounds like you're running on an older version, but some bugs may or may not have slipped the net but from the last time I checked I'm sure I squashed all the ones I could find/that were reported.. What file version does it say on the splash screen when you open up the game?

deekinftw

Mar 22, 2018
Sounds like you're running on an older version, but some bugs may or may not have slipped the net but from the last time I checked I'm sure I squashed all the ones I could find/that were reported.. What file version does it say on the splash screen when you open up the game?
0.3.0.55 (+).
I'm also using the Animations.json you provided from a few versions ago that should cause the game to lag less.
Oh I also have noticed that Raeley's (IIRC that's how you spell it?) Poledance move just has her turn invisible, the animation for it doesn't play anymore either. It doesn't crash the game or anything, just a visual thing I'd noticed. Also on the far left side of town the upper hole calls Fenix's portrait as she talks about it when you examine it, but it doesn't erase the portrait so you need to go find an NPC with a portrait to fix it.

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
0.3.0.55 (+).
I'm also using the Animations.json you provided from a few versions ago that should cause the game to lag less.
Oh I also have noticed that Raeley's (IIRC that's how you spell it?) Poledance move just has her turn invisible, the animation for it doesn't play anymore either. It doesn't crash the game or anything, just a visual thing I'd noticed. Also on the far left side of town the upper hole calls Fenix's portrait as she talks about it when you examine it, but it doesn't erase the portrait so you need to go find an NPC with a portrait to fix it.
I'll have a look the next time I delve into RPGMAKER then..

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018

I've been working a little on Exterior to Interior transitions this time, after that I'll likely start work on map based NPCS and (Map based) AI.
As you can see in the video, how I intend to handle small rooms in Unity, and exterior to interior transitions will also be far different to how they would normally be handled in RPGmaker. Breaking scenes up into segments like this also feels far more beneficial from a developer perspective because this way things are easier to control/keep track of etc, and I don't have to have multiple scene transitions in a single scene. It should also alleviate any concerns people may have about larger maps, because, after toying a little with the way the camera works, it should be far easier to break up big maps into segments that the player progresses through rather than something that might be too initially overwhelming otherwise.. Small steps, but I think things seem to be looking hopeful from a Map Perspective, and I can only hope you all feel the same way :giggle:

Nothing is final yet, but whilst working It reminded me somewhat of Zelda and other original top down RPG games, and I like how it's going so far, especially with this latest video. Hope you all feel the same way! As usual, feel free to let me know what you think!

Huh, Pokemon style. How about that.
That's just the preliminary, I wouldn't look too closely at style right now, the most important feature for that video right now is it contains a system that functions properly :LOL: I was thinking combat system might be my biggest obstacle, but in all fairness I haven't implemented all other systems yet so that remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForgottenMan1

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018

Sorry about the delay in posting any new content, It took me a long while to figure out the methods in which to implement the things you'll see in the video; mainly

- Interactive NPCS
- Speech Bubbles
- NPC's that follow the player's direction/orientation
- NPC's that track the player's direction
- Animation integration with Vector 2/3 (THIS was the hard part)

If most of that information is just technical lingo to you then rest assured, let me tell you in layman's terms that this was a HARD endeavour to undertake, probably one of the hardest yet since there are so many different methods of accomplishing this but taking into account Animated Sprites/character facings tends to make the progress harder.. If it was hotline miami or something akin to that I was trying to make I imagine I would've had a much easier time with that

Hopefully things are much easier from here on out regardless,

Sorry for the delay! Hope everyone is doing well!

I would suggest either subscribing to this thread or checking up on my Patreon for all further updates, this was a great hill to climb but I managed to push through in the end! Glorious!

Reactions: slanto

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018
Hello All!

For the past few days I've been working on replacing old art assets with new ones, and then integrating them into unity:
screen.gif
"Beth" is the latest prototype, and rest assured this is just the beginning of these additions, and of course, nothing you see here is final. Regardless, I thought I would share this update/progress with you all -- looking for any thoughts shared, opinions, etcetera because once the leg work of getting these sprites down is done I'll be working on integrating it into Unity and as a character creation system of sorts so once we delve deeper there may be no going back!

Let me know what your thoughts/critiques/opinions are if any, I'm always looking for feedback!

Hopefully we go smoothly from here, The new sprites will also have 8 facings rather than the old 4 so that's also something to keep in mind!

Reactions: slanto

BaronVampson

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2018

So I have another update today on the progress in Unity, and it's quite significant; it marks the start of the design of the UI, alongside the controls for the game in general as well as implementation of new systems like damage, HUD, mouse movement etc. From here, everything else will begin to take shape from this initial stem.

To categorize, in this video you will see;
>User UI and HUD is in the works, placeholder as seen in the video is currently being shown
>Mouse movement, incorporation and control has been developed and is in the current iteration of the game.
(As of this update, the player will be able to choose between using the mouse exclusively, the keyboard, or switching between the two when moving in order to traverse the world as the player. The Player can set/travel to the target destination by holding the mouse, clicking on the destination, or by using WASD or the Arrow keys)
>Simple Camera Zoom effects tied to the mouse wheel
>A primitive damage system that registers damage dealt to the player and displays it as a (currently permanent, which will be changed) popup over the head of the player, as well as updates the in game UI
>An 'Aiming/Combat Stance' Mode which hasn't been fully implemented yet

And to clarify, Mouse movement can be cancelled at any time by Keyboard movement

All of this stuff sounds rudimentary to any RPG game out there, but this to me, and I imagine many other developers and designers, would be considered as the completion of the initial starting-phase framework; the part of the design process where the game is no longer an idea or some rough sketches on a blank canvas, but has the potency to take shape, and of which can be seen clearly here.

From this point, I intend to try to incorporate a sex system, mouse interaction with NPCs and environment outside of just movement -- so the game can be played as easily with one hand as with two ;). There will need to be integration of the new sprites as well as somewhat character design integrated as well. Since the new sprites are *EIGHT* dimensional, this could prove a challenge, but only time will tell.

Further down the line Enemy MAP AI will be in the works down the line as well of course, from which point you could probably bet that a playable beta build would not be far behind. For the time being, we're closer to that now than ever was since initiating development on the unity variant so from this humble patch of grass new roads can be traversed!

Any input or feedback as usual is much appreciated. Huzzah!

Last edited:

Umbreen

Feb 12, 2020

So I have another update today on the progress in Unity, and it's quite significant; it marks the start of the design of the UI, alongside the controls for the game in general as well as implementation of new systems like damage, HUD, mouse movement etc. From here, everything else will begin to take shape from this initial stem.

To categorize, in this video you will see;
>User UI and HUD is in the works, placeholder as seen in the video is currently being shown
>Mouse movement, incorporation and control has been developed and is in the current iteration of the game.
(As of this update, the player will be able to choose between using the mouse exclusively, the keyboard, or switching between the two when moving in order to traverse the world as the player. The Player can set/travel to the target destination by holding the mouse, clicking on the destination, or by using WASD or the Arrow keys)
>Simple Camera Zoom effects tied to the mouse wheel
>A primitive damage system that registers damage dealt to the player and displays it as a (currently permanent, which will be changed) popup over the head of the player, as well as updates the in game UI
>An 'Aiming/Combat Stance' Mode which hasn't been fully implemented yet

And to clarify, Mouse movement can be cancelled at any time by Keyboard movement

All of this stuff sounds rudimentary to any RPG game out there, but this to me, and I imagine many other developers and designers, would be considered as the completion of the initial starting-phase framework; the part of the design process where the game is no longer an idea or some rough sketches on a blank canvas, but has the potency to take shape, and of which can be seen clearly here.

From this point, I intend to try to incorporate a sex system, mouse interaction with NPCs and environment outside of just movement -- so the game can be played as easily with one hand as with two ;). There will need to be integration of the new sprites as well as somewhat character design integrated as well. Since the new sprites are *EIGHT* dimensional, this could prove a challenge, but only time will tell.

Further down the line Enemy MAP AI will be in the works down the line as well of course, from which point you could probably bet that a playable beta build would not be far behind. For the time being, we're closer to that now than ever was since initiating development on the unity variant so from this humble patch of grass new roads can be traversed!

Any input or feedback as usual is much appreciated. Huzzah!
Those controls reminds me of Diablo 2, good ass game, anyway I really wanted to play your rpg version but my pc Slows down whenever I have to face the battle, I might have to wait 1 or 2 months for my new pc to arrive because this potato can't handle this game and another game in my bookmark (trinity of dungeon) but seriously I really fucking love your massive tiddies and ass characters, I went through countless futa games in this website, I have only found 7 or 8 games that are really great for me and your game is one of them seriously don't give up the work, I can see now you are working on unity as well and I hope it runs smoothly. I hope this project would be successful and don't get abandoned just like last 2.
Cheers mate

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes