Are you viewing Zoey's content, or avoiding it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 30, 2017
told ya it is October 2023. lol he is just milking people out. Fortunately, Im on this site cause lol it is a pain in the ass to support my money on this "slow" game

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Of course, that's a quick and easy way for them to lose their supporters.
CMIIW, but devs NEED their supporters. Or are they doing it for free?
Basicly you are right, if we talk a about patrons/subscribers. But, me as a dev could't care less if one nobody from a priate forum spits empty threats. A suporter from patreon or subscribestar doesn't need to come here, to a place that most devs don't give a shit about, and make pointless threats. These guys and gals have better and far more direct/effective ways of expressing their displeasure to the devs than imagining they can get their panties in a bunch here.

I have the feeling that most users here simply overestimate their importance and do not realise that most of them are nothing more than software pirates.

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019
Basicly you are right, if we talk a about patrons/subscribers. But, me as a dev could't care less if one nobody from a priate forum spits empty threats. A suporter from patreon or subscribestar doesn't need to come here, to a place that most devs don't give a shit about, and make pointless threats. These guys and gals have better and far more direct/effective ways of expressing their displeasure to the devs than imagining they can get their panties in a bunch here.

I have the feeling that most users here simply overestimate their importance and do not realise that most of them are nothing more than software pirates.
I don't know about subscribers, but most patreon users do in fact, communicate here.
I used to support this dev (albeit only on the lowest tier), but still come to this forum to seek extra information.
I mean, I found out about this game through this forum. Free marketing right there.
Essentially, the members of this forum are potential supporters of the developers.

My point is that the devs should not care less about what happens in this forum for the sake of their game.

panyan

Jan 21, 2020

As long as the owner of the game (i.e. the dev) is actively engaged and is informed of their product use you cant tag them as pirated.......such as in this case..... But rest of the things "I ain't even gonna deny it" NO HARD FEELINGS...

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022

Thank you very much about your kind words about "most users here".!!!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Mortarion

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Thank you very much about your kind words about "most users here".!!!
You are welcome :D

Joke aside, I was well aware how my statement could be recived and was thinking if I should post it like this. But we can turn and change it as long as we want, it don't change this fact. Yours, mine, or our opinion here has no value for any dev that has a halfway stable fanbase.

I had a similar discussion with Stoya in the Chasing Sunsets Discord. My point of view was the same as yours. What Stoya could say from her own experience is that at a certain point - if the developer lasts that long and delivers quality - the game/product no longer needs this forum, and their very often extremely toxic users. And once the game makes the jump to Steam, the promotional effect of the F95 community disappears into irrelevance.

Peace :)

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019

Joke aside, I was well aware how my statement could be recived and was thinking if I should post it like this. But we can turn and change it as long as we want, it don't change this fact. Yours, mine, or our opinion here has no value for any dev that has a halfway stable fanbase.

I had a similar discussion with Stoya in the Chasing Sunsets Discord. My point of view was the same as yours. What Stoya could say from her own experience is that at a certain point - if the developer lasts that long and delivers quality - the game/product no longer needs this forum, and their very often extremely toxic users. And once the game makes the jump to Steam, the promotional effect of the F95 community disappears into irrelevance.

The problem is, Mr. Mortarion, this game is still far from that. So, your point is quite irrelevant.
If 1-10 (1 is starting point, 10 is finish line), you are talking about step 8,9 even 10 (Steam), while this game is only (at present) at the first step.

Maybe, just maybe, if the developer lasts that long and produces a high-quality game or product, they won't need this forum anymore.
But not today. not now.
This game still needs this forum. There's no doubt on that.

panyan

Jan 21, 2020

And here you gave another leverage n argument for dev not to
deliver LOL....Though the fact but so much for your enlightenment

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Did something happend when the clock hit 72hrs??!
Nope, just hot air as usual. Would not surprise me considering the shenigans the typist showed since the beginning, if the update would come out in December or the new year. I hope that it gets released sooner, but I remember the time when in the first part of the game "new release was imminent", then months of radio silence until finally the update came.
While I like his games, back then was the time I pulled the plug on direct support.

ozzo

Mar 4, 2018

Typist, here with another update.
I'll keep it short as there isn't much to say other than the game is almost ready for release :) I'm super stoked with where I've gotten it to, the extra scene I wanted to get done is finishing it's final animation tonight while I'm off my computer and then I need to add it to the gallery and edit it and we're all set. It should be smooth sailing from here. I will let you guys know I will not be working on it tonight as I will be spending it with family, and tomorrow I will be out of town as well as Wednesday I will strictly be finishing some work on the side I've been needing to get done for quite some time now.
I hope you guys stay safe and enjoy this time with family, or alone, either way enjoy yourself!
I look forward to see what you guys think. I also will be going over my next action plan with you guys so I can work with a few volunteers in playtesting the game for steam. I hope everyone knows how important these next two months are for me and the future of the game. If I can do well enough, I will be able to hire someone in hopes of working much faster for you guys. I won't get my hopes up, but this has been my long term goal from the start and I can't wait.
Thank you all and talk to you guys soon.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.40 star(s) 93 Votes