Are you viewing Zoey's content, or avoiding it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ozzo

Mar 4, 2018

Well everyone, It is the end of April and as you can see the release is still in the works and not out yet. I have been working non stop on it, even so much as staying up till 5am some days... but I have not been able to accomplish everything I have made. With so, so many renders and that's not including my hand made animations... I can only move so fast and honestly my computer is bottle necking progress some days too. While rendering, I can't continue making scenes (Of which there are still many to be done) and I can only go so fast.
However, I know quality is more important than just rushing whatever I can to you guys. And I want a finished product with every feature I promised delivered at the same time.
I also want you guys to know that this is all I have. It's the ONLY thing I do now. It's all I work on. I have been lucky enough to earn some extra money here and there to get by, because this truly is my passion and I want to make it work.
When this update is released, it will contain a full revision to the beginning of the game as well in an attempt to meet steams guidelines. I believe I have found the issue as a few have shared with me similar issues and how they resolved it. If that doesn't work out, then I will just have to keep trying now won't I haha.
I know people are concerned for my health when I push myself this hard, especially when dealing with all the negative comments, but believe me guys, I'm all in and such comments have no effect on me. It is what it is and if people want to hate... Well, there are many other games out there. I am one man and still get compared to the likes of NLT media lol. I guess it's good to be in the same conversation as them!
I know the first question many will have is "When is the NEW planned release date? Well, If progress continues as it is now and I don't do anything silly like splitting into parts (I do not want to do that honestly as it's unfair for many supporters) then I suspect it could be another week or two.
I can't say it enough, this update is very, very large and ambitious.
I wanted to let you all know where I'm at with things before the charges go through in an attempt to help anyone out like myself who could save the extra few bucks whenever they can. I appreciate those of you who are here to stay though.
Much love, John aka The Typist
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oct 9, 2022

Well everyone, It is the end of April and as you can see the release is still in the works and not out yet. I have been working non stop on it, even so much as staying up till 5am some days... but I have not been able to accomplish everything I have made. With so, so many renders and that's not including my hand made animations... I can only move so fast and honestly my computer is bottle necking progress some days too. While rendering, I can't continue making scenes (Of which there are still many to be done) and I can only go so fast.
However, I know quality is more important than just rushing whatever I can to you guys. And I want a finished product with every feature I promised delivered at the same time.
I also want you guys to know that this is all I have. It's the ONLY thing I do now. It's all I work on. I have been lucky enough to earn some extra money here and there to get by, because this truly is my passion and I want to make it work.
When this update is released, it will contain a full revision to the beginning of the game as well in an attempt to meet steams guidelines. I believe I have found the issue as a few have shared with me similar issues and how they resolved it. If that doesn't work out, then I will just have to keep trying now won't I haha.
I know people are concerned for my health when I push myself this hard, especially when dealing with all the negative comments, but believe me guys, I'm all in and such comments have no effect on me. It is what it is and if people want to hate... Well, there are many other games out there. I am one man and still get compared to the likes of NLT media lol. I guess it's good to be in the same conversation as them!
I know the first question many will have is "When is the NEW planned release date? Well, If progress continues as it is now and I don't do anything silly like splitting into parts (I do not want to do that honestly as it's unfair for many supporters) then I suspect it could be another week or two.
I can't say it enough, this update is very, very large and ambitious.
I wanted to let you all know where I'm at with things before the charges go through in an attempt to help anyone out like myself who could save the extra few bucks whenever they can. I appreciate those of you who are here to stay though.
Much love, John aka The Typist
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
He couldn't have said this a few days ago? Had to wait right until the next payment cycle starts? Why would anyone believe this guy's bullshit at this point.

Reactions: Vukalo

SevenCostanza

Mar 3, 2021
Yea the timing is a bit suspect. I mean if the expected release was a day or two off I could understand but it states a week or two away which means he had to have known it would be delayed a while ago and could have announced it then. I hope some of the money goes towards upgrading hardware at least.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
All these people saying he is a scam artist well if he or the game annoy you so much then why are you here?
I assume everyone has read the post someone copied from patreon he is obviously working his butt off with this game
So just give the guy a break.
The reality is, this dev has track records of missing deadlines and poor communication.

I know you're new here, so I'll cut you some slack.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
The reality is, this dev has track records of missing deadlines and poor communication.

I know you're new here, so I'll cut you some slack.
Doesn't matter if people don't investigate before supporting devs on patreon that's their problem. And people on here are basically
Stealing the games by downloading off this site so they shouldn't complain about not getting free stuff quicker.

Reactions: Caninenappe

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Doesn't matter if people don't investigate before supporting devs on patreon that's their problem. And people on here are basically
Stealing the games by downloading off this site so they shouldn't complain about not getting free stuff quicker.
Are you kidding me? Most of the complaints actually come from his patrons. Just because we get to play for free doesn't disallow us from criticizing the game and the dev.

I'm not sure about this thread, but many games we play here are the public version anyway—meaning we wait for at least a week (depends on each devs) after the Patreon/early access version.

Reactions: stiltoboglovian412

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Are you kidding me? Most of the complaints actually come from his patrons. Just because we get to play for free doesn't disallow us from criticizing the game and the dev.

I'm not sure about this thread, but many games we play here are the public version anyway—meaning we wait for at least a week (depends on each devs) after the Patreon/early access version.
And like i said those patreons should have investigated before signing up
It would be like someone joining the patreon for Milfy city right now and then complaining the dev is slow

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
And like i said those patreons should have investigated before signing up
It would be like someone joining the patreon for Milfy city right now and then complaining the dev is slow
Look, it doesn't matter if you're a paying or a free customer. You have the right to call out the devs for their shitty practices.

Gatekeeping criticism from free customers is such a weird mindset.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Look, it doesn't matter if you're a paying or a free customer. You have the right to call out the devs for their shitty practices.

Gatekeeping criticism from free customers is such a weird mindset.
That last comment of mine was directed at people who sign up to devs on patreon without looking into whether they are slow or not and then complaining

SevenCostanza

Mar 3, 2021
That last comment of mine was directed at people who sign up to devs on patreon without looking into whether they are slow or not and then complaining
So wouldn't people discussing it and bringing it to attention help those people from possibly making that mistake? I mean it is a forum to discuss things good or bad. Also many devs actually get supporters from having their games on sites like this it's like free publicity. It's wild that some people think criticism, whether of the game or the dev, shouldn't be allowed.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
So wouldn't people discussing it and bringing it to attention help those people from possibly making that mistake? I mean it is a forum to discuss things good or bad. Also many devs actually get supporters from having their games on sites like this it's like free publicity. It's wild that some people think criticism, whether of the game or the dev, shouldn't be allowed.
Yes if you want to complain do it but I have seen people in other threads do it over and over again instead of just dropping the game and moving on with there lives to me it just makes them look pathetic.

SevenCostanza

Mar 3, 2021
Yes if you want to complain do it but I have seen people in other threads do it over and over again instead of just dropping the game and moving on with there lives to me it just makes them look pathetic.
In my opinion those people, despite being vocal critics, still enjoy the game at some level. Whether it's the renders, or a character, or the story etc. If enough people voice the same concern, maybe it's something the dev should look in to?
For example, there's another game that's now been remade three times because the dev was all over the place and listened to his paying supporters only until it became such a mess that this now supposed final remake is 'the devs original story' which coincidentally includes a majority of the issues posters here had with the game. Surprise surprise it's gotten better reviews then in the past since people are still skeptical of the devs ability to be coherent.
Just saying a discussion has to include the good and the bad even if one side dominates the discussion. I understand some people are just miserable and are impossible to please but often times if there's constant criticism it's usually warranted.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
In my opinion those people, despite being vocal critics, still enjoy the game at some level. Whether it's the renders, or a character, or the story etc. If enough people voice the same concern, maybe it's something the dev should look in to?
For example, there's another game that's now been remade three times because the dev was all over the place and listened to his paying supporters only until it became such a mess that this now supposed final remake is 'the devs original story' which coincidentally includes a majority of the issues posters here had with the game. Surprise surprise it's gotten better reviews then in the past since people are still skeptical of the devs ability to be coherent.
Just saying a discussion has to include the good and the bad even if one side dominates the discussion. I understand some people are just miserable and are impossible to please but often times if there's constant criticism it's usually warranted.
You are right sometimes it can improve the game
I don't think the complaining is working for Milfy city tho lol
Also Are you talking about the Adventurous couple because if you are i still think it will go off the rails again

SevenCostanza

Mar 3, 2021
You are right sometimes it can improve the game
I don't think the complaining is working for Milfy city tho lol
Also Are you talking about the Adventurous couple because if you are i still think it will go off the rails again
Yea Milfy city is too far gone now because the dev gets paid regardless. That's what people are hoping doesn't happen to this game but given the genre is less popular in general it's unlikely but it's got the same vibes.
Also yes I'm referring to that game and I also believe it will go off the rails. It's already started with the latest release where it's going back to the way the previous iterations were.

Reactions: Joshy92
3.40 star(s) 93 Votes