Are you viewing Zoey's content, or avoiding it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alexia@69

Jan 10, 2018
There is plenty of great ideas and proper criticism that I have considered, and there’s so much to talk about and discuss, it’s difficult to word it out and not make anyone upset or expect something different. In the beginning of course I always do what I can and throughout the scripting and posing, sometimes I change things up to make more sense or to more of my liking. Personally, to say the least, I think the Jenni portion of this update will change slightly, not to please everyone, but to just have things make more sense. I know where I’m going with it, and a few others can guess too if they’ve actually read the script well and thought about it enough, but I think where I’m going makes sense and can really work.
As far as the ntr update of course, there’s a lot that can be fixed and improved. There’s some background work going into this storyline, and it’ll make more sense later. And there’s some issues I had with renders that didn’t even allow me to implement more conversations (such as the random “oh we talked about it yeah it’s cool” type of deal after the glory hole. That wasn’t supposed to happen, but I’ll fix it as I wanted to) and there’s just so much more to it all. I believe what I have here is special for many, and I can tell by the outrage/support at the same time that people actually care/cared about my game, and this is great. Again, this is all a learning process for me, and it’s helped me greatly. Now, as far as that goes, i’m Already excited for the other game I have planned in the future. While in class bored I’ve spent time creating my own compelling stories for a great game, one that should spark much more emotion than this game has. And a whole different story altogether.
This has all helped me greatly and I’ve made amazing friends in the process. Seeing names like yours pop up multiple times is one of the most humbling experiences. It shows me A lot. Anyways, I digress. I believe the update will be pretty good in my opinion, but what do I know. It’ll make me happy atleast haha. A lot of my supporters have had great ideas, and it’s always great to implement what I can.
Really happy reading this, it might have been apparent from my message but I was worried the amount of negativity might have "closed you up" to the rest of the criticism that might help you grow. It shows real maturity to be able to keep your head up and still take advice after all this.

Keep doing exactly what you are doing, you're heading right where you should be :)!

Abraxxas

Oct 6, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'chapter1love'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 1685, in script
File "C:\Users\AbRaKaDaBrA\Downloads\BecauseILoveHer-Chapter311-pc\BecauseILoveHer-Chapter3.1.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1600, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\AbRaKaDaBrA\Downloads\BecauseILoveHer-Chapter311-pc\BecauseILoveHer-Chapter3.1.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 873, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'chapter1love'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Because I Love Her Chapter3.1.1
Thu Feb 14 18:43:33 2019

ZZ23

Jan 21, 2019
I don't see reason for negativity especially now that story didn't progress so far anyway. I played love route so everything was
fine regarding ntr and stuff. Keep up the good work dev renderings are awesome.

Now on to some criticism(lots of subjective stuff):

First off all I think progression/pacing and time passage feels out of place. For example you wake up and in morning you got watch movie and fall a sleep(who does that). Also days feel like they are on repeat.

You wake up wife is not there then we go to talk to jennie every god damn time. Does this guy have a job? or something to do expect hang out with jennie then wife.

My main issue is actual relationships and sex dynamic. It would make sense that on love route we would experiment with wife
in room first, but we out of blue tell our wife to masturbate and then don't even get to fuck her and next time we just use dildo she bought. What the hell is going on here :LOL:, we need choices here especially for us that want to power play.

I would love to see them having normal wife and husband relationship that gradually moves onto kinky stuff(corruption) right now it feels rushed and very "artificial" so to speak.

Jennie is pretty much same she is too clingy(without any reason) at beginning and acts weird. That relationship also needs a build up otherwise it is meaningless. Way she thinks about here self makes you think she is some geeky or very introverted person but her appearances and dressing doesn't match that at all.

That is just my 2 cents can't wait for next update.

Reactions: BeardedJack

XXI

Jan 21, 2018
My absolute biggest fear for game developer/creator is making a game without a end goal in mind. For creator's that don't have the ending(s) planned out I'm incline to believe the game will most likely be abandon like Dark Silver, 3Diddly, Saruh, etc. have.

@TheTypist I still believe you're developing a great simple game dealing with love/corruption choices with 2 women instead of 3 like Saddoggame's "My Legacy", but in "My Legacy"'s plot there are only 5 (+2) characters total to observe around and by adding more characters to this game it is inbound to complicate the game's plot. You're up to 7 (or 8 if Darrel and Jason coexist?) and +1 if your thinking of adding MC's Dad if you're thinking of taking Discord suggest for (,which I too am in favor for :devilish:).

Since it's your first shot at game development I hoped this game could of been short and finished in a year for you to establish a grip on the ins & outs of the Ren'Py engine.

P.S. Have you posted any/all of your characters stats modification/assets for fan to mimic your characters for fan-art or is it up to the fan to interpret them?

Reactions: TheTypist

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
My absolute biggest fear for game developer/creator is making a game without a end goal in mind. For creator's that don't have the ending(s) planned out I'm incline to believe the game will most likely be abandon like Dark Silver, 3Diddly, Saruh, etc. have.

@TheTypist I still believe you're developing a great simple game dealing with love/corruption choices with 2 women instead of 3 like Saddoggame's "My Legacy", but in "My Legacy"'s plot there are only 5 (+2) characters total to observe around and by adding more characters to this game it is inbound to complicate the game's plot. You're up to 7 (or 8 if Darrel and Jason coexist?) and +1 if your thinking of adding MC's Dad if you're thinking of taking Discord suggest for (,which I too am in favor for :devilish:).

Since it's your first shot at game development I hoped this game could of been short and finished in a year for you to establish a grip on the ins & outs of the Ren'Py engine.

P.S. Have you posted any/all of your characters stats modification/assets for fan to mimic your characters for fan-art or is it up to the fan to interpret them?
I’ve been working so much I’m sorry I didn’t reply sooner. To answer quickly, I definitely have an end goal in mind actually, especially because it will test my knowledge of the engine and my coding in order to prepare me for the game I actually want to make REALLY well the way I envision it to be, if you know what I mean which I’m sure you do :)
I really want to finish around chapter 6 or 7 at the latest. Trying to keep the updates coming within 45 days each. This is a realistic goal for me now because (total transparency) I work as a server/bartender full time at a popular restaurant about 35 hours a week, I go to school and am doing 15 units (a lot for me as I’ve always done 9), and I’m currently getting my real estate license to hopefully begin a career here in lovely so-cal. So I have a hectic schedule and had computer issues, but those have been resolved! (Rtx cards are kinda you know... they’ll get there eventually) also, the characters I’ve added are more like there to help the events make more sense which I’m trying to work on... they’re nothing serious and only help to progress the main characters story. And trust me, I’ll add what I feel is a good idea () but I want it to make atleast semi decent sense lol.

As far as the models go NOT ONE PERSON has asked me for them :/ sadly. Because I do want fan art tbh, it motivates me and it’s awesome to see other people’s take on my art and what they wanna see. If only I had fortnite assets and r6s assets, re2 assets; I’d make my dreams a reality lol.
But if anyone wants them, I’m here. I have them. You’d need the assets necessary to correctly open them (such as boob dials, body dials, the characters and materials) and I can help with all that. Once they have all that, I would send the character save from Daz directly to them. Am I risking anything? I mean, maybe. But tbh, it wouldn’t kill me either. All the more power to everyone, right? Just be kind and respect others efforts to make something different. Crazy how many DMD look alikes there are out there. I hope Claire never gets to that point, but what can I do.
Anyways I digress.
Hope that answers your question and seriously, thank you for being here.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
@TheTypist After all that's happened, and I don't know what changes you're going to make following this, will all NTR be avoidable by the end of the game?

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
@TheTypist After all that's happened, and I don't know what changes you're going to make following this, will all NTR be avoidable by the end of the game?
That’s a goal yes, if anything the proper term would be to make ntr EASIER to avoid, rn it’s pretty hard the way I set it up sadly (again I’m new to it so I haven’t done it all in the best ways.)
But yeah, it’s a goal I want to achieve. If you’re a huge ntr hater (or anyone else is) but like my character design or writing or something, you’ll like my future games after I’ve learned much more I imagine. For now I’m sorry it’s the way it is, I do wish I knew better. I’m working on it

Reactions: RedPillBlues

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
That’s a goal yes, if anything the proper term would be to make ntr EASIER to avoid, rn it’s pretty hard the way I set it up sadly (again I’m new to it so I haven’t done it all in the best ways.)
But yeah, it’s a goal I want to achieve. If you’re a huge ntr hater (or anyone else is) but like my character design or writing or something, you’ll like my future games after I’ve learned much more I imagine. For now I’m sorry it’s the way it is, I do wish I knew better. I’m working on it
I wouldn't say I'm a hater, but when I play games with NTR that I can't avoid in them, I disassociate myself with the main character and care less about the story; in other words I would only play for the lewds. That's what I don't want to happen because I actually really like most of the story so far.

I really hope your able to sort out everything and make the game you want, without caving to the NTR haters or lovers.

Reactions: DA22 and TheTypist

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
I wouldn't say I'm a hater, but when I play games with NTR that I can't avoid in them, I disassociate myself with the main character and care less about the story; in other words I would only play for the lewds. That's what I don't want to happen because I actually really like most of the story so far.

I really hope your able to sort out everything and make the game you want, without caving to the NTR haters or lovers.
No caving here. Just doing what I personally believe is best at the end of the day for myself and the people who I know will support me through and through. It’s fun and I love it when I have the time to sit back and relax and get it done for hours, there’s not much more relaxing (and frustrating) than making your thoughts and ideas a reality, and I love that :)

Reactions: RedPillBlues

diend2011

Jun 11, 2018
I don't like NTR but i really like your character design. I don't think NTR in this game is hard to avoid and you even have a walkthrough for it. Cheers mate, you are doing well !

Reactions: TheTypist

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
My bad, forgot there was a discord. Thanks for the kind answer, looks great.
I'm eagerly awaiting the next update, love your game.

Saw it now on the discord, but thanks for sharing it.
Not a problem :) and thank you for your support, it always means a lot.

Reactions: Serkana
3.40 star(s) 93 Votes