4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
So dominance, if i want to be dominant with a character do I need a negative score or a positive score? I'm confused if the negative means i am dominant with them or if the positive means they are dominant with me? I shall continue playing, perhaps that will answer
Also the receptionist you have her name as Lilly, but the conversation with MC she states her name is Brittany?
Also the stats for Lilly are not updating in the UI.
And yes pursue the test rendering, the small render you provided as a test render toward the end was quite well done

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
I've run into a few typos (quite a few actually) and there was an error of some repeat dialogue (I just got to the house, this is the first night) also this error popped up, game broke a bit early/fast. For the record if it helps I can keep track of typos and stuff, but kinda only if the dev wants it. This was the game breaker though:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: pretty sad about this, I was pretty excited to see where adriana was going with the whole dom thing, but my submissive nature broke the game ^_^;;

zyzonia

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
I've run into a few typos (quite a few actually) and there was an error of some repeat dialogue (I just got to the house, this is the first night) also this error popped up, game broke a bit early/fast. For the record if it helps I can keep track of typos and stuff, but kinda only if the dev wants it. This was the game breaker though:
The dissolve code was "D" capitalized which broke it, Will include this in the fixes

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Where does that two years come from? My math says that September 2019 was 9 months ago. That's when the thread (and dev's Patreon) was created. If you are/were one of his/her supporters in Patreon you're titled a question like that. But then you would had sent him a private message in Patreon so I assume you're just for a free ride like me. ;)

Seems like some people prioritize real life stuff over hobbies. If you had bothered to click on the link to Patreon you could have seen this:
i was looking at save dirs under the renpy dir, the oldest beginnings was january 2018 then another sept 2019 then oct 2019, so i guess maybe there's another game called beginnings?

zyzonia

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Most likely, I started doing this late 2019. going to have to find where saves are made and make an unic folder probably

Thanks for the information!

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
i was looking at save dirs under the renpy dir, the oldest beginnings was january 2018 then another sept 2019 then oct 2019, so i guess maybe there's another game called beginnings?
The current project seems to be named Beg-1581986142. I found an abandoned renpy project when I went up to the Games main thread and searched for beginn. It was from a different dev. :)

Reactions: zyzonia

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I have no what caused that or what code I changed to make that happen... I am sorry for the inconvenience that caused you.
This was about having a new directory/folder for saves. In options.rpy you have a variable called "config.save_directory".

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Glad to see you have added more content to this I'd previously played the previous versions but this is certainly a step in the right direction, Great scene with Adriana I thought it was a little sudden to happen but I'm not going to complain about that as it was a good scene. And then the Lily scene was pretty fast to but another scene that was well done overall a good job so far.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I agree with MrFriendly.
If I was a VN dev and I had to make a freeroaming part, I would try to make it appear as a fork with multiple choices. For example, do A or B or C or D. A freeroam sandbox could have 10+ choices that wouldn't make the story go forward because usually all possible destinations are available any time but the player might get a "The diner is closed." message for Nth time. Many freeroams also forget that time should be going forward while the player moves around the map.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I am going to release a very dark path. I have already made some progress on it, but you can expect some heavy dom, blackmail and much more in that path...
It would be - imo - interesting if the sub/dom relationships (even the more cruel ones) would be varied not only in terms of fetishes, but also in terms of various characters' feelings: there could be loving dommes out there too and not only characters that wish to dominate MC for the sake of their cruelty and/or because of some (financial, material...) gain.

As far as freeroam is concerned I too like it only when it's heavily limited (in terms of locations, characters to visit [depending on obtained relationships perhaps] and/or time); one of the games who does it good imo is Heavy Five. Freeroams too often lead to repetitiveness and boredom, so it's always good idea to spend more time in thinking what would be the best way to implement one in a given game.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I agree with MrFriendly.
If I was a VN dev and I had to make a freeroaming part, I would try to make it appear as a fork with multiple choices. For example, do A or B or C or D. A freeroam sandbox could have 10+ choices that wouldn't make the story go forward because usually all possible destinations are available any time but the player might get a "The diner is closed." message for Nth time. Many freeroams also forget that time should be going forward while the player moves around the map.
Yes, at no point should the player be sitting and looking at 10-20-30 locations and have no clearly defined goals. I've played too many games where the player has to click into each room, click into every location on the map, and hope to find content that moves the story forward. It is even worse if there is a time element where the player has to click on a location at noon but doesn't know that and subsequently misses content. A VN is best when it is larger a story being told to the audience and allows for choices to be made that may influence the direction of the story. It should be considered a visual choose your own adventure.

It would be - imo - interesting if the sub/dom relationships (even the more cruel ones) would be varied not only in terms of fetishes, but also in terms of various characters' feelings: there could be loving dommes out there too and not only characters that wish to dominate MC for the sake of their cruelty and/or because of some (financial, material...) gain.

As far as freeroam is concerned I too like it only when it's heavily limited (in terms of locations, characters to visit [depending on obtained relationships perhaps] and/or time); one of the games who does it good imo is Heavy Five. Freeroams too often lead to repetitiveness and boredom, so it's always good idea to spend more time in thinking what would be the best way to implement one in a given game.
Heavy Five does Freeroams rather well (Notty is a smart and talented dev). An example of a bad freeroam would be Indecent Desires.

And I hope if there is a dark path that there is also a light one or that the player can choose to just not have sex with anyone. Because I am not willing to trust anyone the MC just met, too suspicious.

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes