Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
The problem is that the room is small, and the camera cannot see through the wall. The wall can be hidden, but then its absence is visible in the mirror.
Have you looked at using the Iray section plane node? It allows you to place the camera outside the wall and see through it for renders. If you turn on clip lights, it's as if the wall was there, and maintains reflections and the room lighting.
section plane.jpg
As you can see the section plane is cutting the room in half, yet the wall and pictures are reflecting in the mirror.
The camera ignores the wall but any lights outside won't work, they'll need to be on the other side of the section plane.

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Have you looked at using the Iray section plane node? It allows you to place the camera outside the wall and see through it for renders. If you turn on clip lights, it's as if the wall was there, and maintains reflections and the room lighting.
Thank you very much for this solution Pillock. I suspected there was a similar technique or setting, but I didn't know where they were. They will definitely be useful to me. I found short and clear demonstration:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumbi

scooman

Oct 8, 2022
View attachment 2981474
As you can see the section plane is cutting the room in half, yet the wall and pictures are reflecting in the mirror.
The camera ignores the wall but any lights outside won't work, they'll need to be on the other side of the section plane.
That is a great tip. THANK YOUUUU :D :love:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I decided to try out a scene with Melanie using Night Hacker's model
I think it turned out a good first scene with her.

----
"Ablaze in Bathing Beauty"
View attachment 2981360

Behind the scenes of the shot
▼▼▼
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Very nice. Thanks very much for providing information about how you set up the scene. I also appreciate it that you went for Sun-Sky only environment, since I haven't used that mode yet. I'd like to try it soon and see how it turns out. I see you can use emissive surfaces together with Sun-Sky lighting, that's good to know. But can you also add mesh lighting (spotlights, point lights, distant lights)? I think I read or listened somewhere that it is not possible. And by the looks of your screenshots, it looks as if the user cannot add image-based lighting (HDRIs) either when in Sun-Sky mode.

View attachment 2981474
Really useful, thanks!

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Very nice. Thanks very much for providing information about how you set up the scene. I also appreciate it that you went for Sun-Sky-only environment since I haven't used that mode yet. I'd like to try it soon and see how it turns out. I see you can use emissive surfaces together with Sun-Sky lighting, that's good to know. But can you also add mesh lighting (spotlights, point lights, distant lights)? I think I read or listened to somewhere that it is not possible. And by the looks of your screenshots, it looks as if the user cannot add image-based lighting (HDRIs) either when in Sun-Sky mode.
I made an attempt because I have no information. When you are on Sun-Sky-only option the added lights don't really appear in the scene. If you choose Dome or Dome and Scene then they appear. I do not guarantee 100% accuracy of the above information.
pic_3.jpg
.......And by the looks of your screenshots, it looks as if the user cannot add image-based lighting (HDRIs) either when in Sun-Sky mode.
HDRI light only appears in Dome and Dome and Scene options. Otherwise, in Sun Sky mode, the Environment map menu is not displayed

1696514346099.png

Tjure

Feb 24, 2022
I really hope you understand it was positive critic. I wan't you to do more renders, just be more carefull with posing.
Than again, who am i to critizise. I made so much crap. :ROFLMAO:

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes