Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Dr Pink Cake, why something so long and complicated ?
U know KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid), you should have done somthing like Acting Lessons, it was simple, fun and didn't last for ages before the endings.
In my own opinion, the more we go further into this game, the more it starting to be a turn off with those mini game, free roaming and this interlude thing, like i said KISS, because KISS is better than Kill (Keep it lame lad).

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
i dont really think there was any cherry picking here. if Jill as the where-with-all, confidence, intuition, intelligence and experience to nearly instantly figure out exactly the type of guy that Rusty is and then throw it in his face as she doesnt look back while putting on her pixel sunglasses.....

....then she cant equally be the naive, inexperienced, meek, and frankly dumb character she has to be in order to let Tybalt have ANY sway over her. If she has the capability to instantly size up Rusty, then it should apply to Tybalt as well. With how Tybalt treats Jill and her friends irl, and how he essentially stalks her on rooster, its totally illogical that she doesnt understand the kind of person he is. Compared to Rusty, Tybalt is a cartoon character lol

you cant really have a damsel in distress that has actual agency in a story. Genuine characters have agency, damsels are more like objects/plot devices for the actual characters to interact with.
There is an absolutely huge difference between smirking at someone's name dropping and dropping your own as to say my name is at least as big, if not bigger than yours. And having the legal knowledge to understand that someone's legal complaint has no merit and could easily be destroyed in court. If you actually believe his "case" has merit, knowing that a) the complainant has a fair amount of wealth and power and b) the "perp" is a poor nobody that the legal system will definitely not try to portect from said complainant, you might not believe your own greater wealth and power(presumably anyways) is not enough to counteract those 3 issues. The two stories are not even close to the same and take serious cherry picking to try to compare.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
There is an absolutely huge difference between smirking at someone's name dropping and dropping your own as to say my name is at least as big, if not bigger than yours. And having the legal knowledge to understand that someone's legal complaint has no merit and could easily be destroyed in court. If you actually believe his "case" has merit, knowing that a) the complainant has a fair amount of wealth and power and b) the "perp" is a poor nobody that the legal system will definitely not try to portect from said complainant, you might not believe your own greater wealth and power(presumably anyways) is not enough to counteract those 3 issues. The two stories are not even close to the same and take serious cherry picking to try to compare.
i feel like there is some misunderstanding here. like we are on different wavelengths

its not just about her "smirking", her ENTIRE attitude/personality is different. she is effectively not the same Jill in that one scene that she is in the rest of the game. and there is nothing to be said about legal knowledge or whatever, that has nothing to do with anything at. im not even thinking about that when i compare the scenes, it literally has no bearing at all.

The comparison starts and ends at how she has the intelligence and life experience to read somebody instantly and size them up correctly, and then confidently act on that intuition as the situation demands. If she can tell that Rusty is a braggart horndog, and knock him off his high horse as she sexily struts away; then why can she not simultaneously see that Tybalt is an obsessive weasel and a twat and then correctly act on those intuitions about his character (or lack there of) and put him in his place?

the Jill in that Rusty scene is like the fantasy version of herself, cause in the real game universe she is eternally a child psychologically and would apparently never grow up into a real adult without the MC

Last edited:

gdpe359

Jun 20, 2018
Hey guys, I've not been following the update of this for a while, can someone tell me why N7 has stopped posting status update? I scroll a few pages back and is it because DPC has start banning people who leak them?

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Just to wash away the cringiness from the past week of this thread, enjoy this gamer girl!

View attachment 2088646
S
About Interlude drama- based. This whining about "bad and unnecessary Zoey" or "MUH Interlude" is very tired. When the DPC introduced her in Episode 3 during a flashback with Bella, I realized how important she is to Tremolo's world and how she helped build his inner self, get out of the bottom. Without Zoey, he would have ended up as a bullied sociophobe in isolation or a school shooter. Even then it was clear that Zoey would be Chekhov's gun.

Jill finally follows Bella/Lana's advice and doesn't look "how she was raised". She does what needs to be done. Arranging hell for Tybalt and breaking his infantile dreams, the daring Jill from the prologue of Episode 5 wakes up again.
In general, she is a rather mysterious character (no less mysterious than Bella) and we need to find out more about her past in order to be sure whether this was a mistake / ignorance from DPC in Ep5.
Well, that is one theory.

Traitus

Aug 6, 2017
Hey guys, I've not been following the update of this for a while, can someone tell me why N7 has stopped posting status update? I scroll a few pages back and is it because DPC has start banning people who leak them?
If someones jumps the gun he doesn't bother double posting the same info.

Reactions: gdpe359

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
The Interlude is annoying because it's supposed to be immediately followed by Chapter Nine, which it very much hasn't. Sure, Ch9 will be the next thing released, and going forward new players will be able to immediately jump in, but as of now, it's "pointless".

Story-wise, DPC should have kept it attached as the intro to Chapter Nine instead of releasing it as it's own thing. Mechanically or because of the save conversion, it was wise to put it out when he did. If only he'd followed up with Chapter Nine a few months later instead of whatever we'll have to wait now.

Konek Besar

Oct 3, 2022
I just realized why Maya and Jill looks familiar:

Maya looks a little like Rhian Sugden based on the hair and chin (maybe).
Jill kinda looks like Miranda Kerr based on the cheekbones and lips.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The Interlude is annoying because it's supposed to be immediately followed by Chapter Nine, which it very much hasn't. Sure, Ch9 will be the next thing released, and going forward new players will be able to immediately jump in, but as of now, it's "pointless".

Story-wise, DPC should have kept it attached as the intro to Chapter Nine instead of releasing it as it's own thing. Mechanically or because of the save conversion, it was wise to put it out when he did. If only he'd followed up with Chapter Nine a few months later instead of whatever we'll have to wait now.
While I'm a filthy unapologetic blue haired girl and interlude enjoyer, I have to agree with the 2nd part.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
In my opinion Tybalt character is not really appropriate, with a more credible antagonist Jill's story would have been more engaging. I know that would have implied an (avoidable) NTR and that is a sensible aspect for some very vocal players. But Tybalt being an embarrassing and disgusting wimp with a tiny cock makes everything too easy. Jill is just there to wait you to pick her up, she has no other guy close to her. I like when there are strong opponents in games and I feel Tybalt is a missed opportunity.
Just think what would have been if he was a somehow fascinating posh guy, still a despicable egocentric person but that kind of guy that a girl could fell for. A credible womanizer opponent that gives MC hard time. I think that Jill story is going to reveal new and bigger obstacles in the next episodes, otherwise it feels too boring, and DPC does not seem the guy into plain plots (but he could change his attitude to maximize supporters and income, I sincerely would not blame him too much, this game is fixing him for life).
You're right, Tybalt's role is a clown and a joke who fails all the time. This is such a toy for mockery from the players and a lot of memes.
The DPC has not yet introduced a single serious and dangerous antagonist in the game. Perhaps this will be Steven Burke, Vinnie, Quinn (several small antagonists) or maybe it's some kind of gray cardinal. Which has not yet been presented.
But Tybalt? I don't see him as a serious threat.

While I agree a more serious romantic rival might have been more intriguing when pursuing Jill, Tybalt's buffoonish character is absolutely necessary for helping maintain the overall light atmosphere of the game, and in my opinion his presentation is the most laugh-out-loud entertaining moment of it:

The D.jpg

Tybalt's presence is not just for a false or inadequate competition for Jill, either. He's set up as a contrast for Sage, who is a complete opposite despite their upbringing by mutual parents.

Additionally, he could also factor in why Bella has issues with Jade. We do not yet know what those issues are exactly, but parents are often judged by their children, and she completely loathes Jade's son and had a false impression of her daughter.

So, the Tybalt character has other uses other than trying to cock block you.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
i also kinda take issue with this from a story perspective. Jill only has resisted Tybalt for the last however long its been because DPC never explicitly says anything happened offscreen. IMO, The in universe writing doesnt line up with Jill not have already dated Tybalt solely because she refuses to say no to people and due to her overly polite nature and middle school mindset when it comes to what dating is. if she was dumb enough to fall for the blackmail plot, then 2 or 3 years ago she was likely even dumber and easier to manipulate into a date.

this is just my take concerning Jill's character and her lack of consistency in characterization. of course in the end DPC will try to steer the canon where he wants it, but some things will probably just never jive 100% for me in BaDIK
People often overlook her behaviour on Rooster or just never read it. She has more interactions with Tybalt on there than anywhere else.

She isn’t as spineless as the blackmail thing makes her look. She shuts him down hard, calls him out for the hearts around a photo and outright says he’s misleading people. She tells him not to bully her friends. She’s firm with him in nearly every interaction we see culminating in the complete dressing down at the dinner he proposes at.

I personally don’t think she’s inconsistent. She’s made to seem inconsistent by the blackmail being paper thin bullshit. She reacts like it is a big deal. The story tries to gloss over this with her comments about how he’d just get people to lie for him if MC denies any wrong doing but the blackmail being ineffective is the source of this inconsistency not her character.

If DPC actually made decent blackmail it makes more sense… like if DPC noticed the huge property damage MC was party to whilst trespassing it would make some sense she took the path of least resistance.

There’s no reason to think she ever gave in before and dated him. It’s made pretty clear she only agreed to dates because of the blackmail. Took Bella along to technically fulfil her obligations and when it came down to it shut him down hard. She was consistent other than giving in to protect MC against bullshit paper thin blackmail.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
While I agree a more serious romantic rival might have been more intriguing when pursuing Jill, Tybalt's buffoonish character is absolutely necessary for helping maintain the overall light atmosphere of the game, and in my opinion his presentation is the most laugh-out-loud entertaining moment of it:

View attachment 2093045

Tybalt's presence is not just for a false or inadequate competition for Jill, either. He's set up as a contrast for Sage, who is a complete opposite despite their upbringing by mutual parents.

Additionally, he could also factor in why Bella has issues with Jade. We do not yet know what those issues are exactly, but parents are often judged by their children, and she completely loathes Jade's son and had a false impression of her daughter.

So, the Tybalt character has other uses other than trying to cock block you.
This presentation is simply the funniest moment of the entire second season. While the overall vibe of Season 2 is more serious and lacks the craziness of Hell Week, this moment reminded me that this is still BaDIK with its light-hearted, fun vibe.
I look forward to Vixens and what Tybalt will do next after his total humiliation. I think after Sage's cliffhanger he'll find out about it and come up with another clown plan.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I’m just going to drop this here.

Draw your own conclusions.

View attachment 2093159
View attachment 2093160
I don't think so...

first of all, it wouldn't explain Jill's presence (it seems to me too complicated for Jill to help out financially or otherwise as high-level acquaintances, too many missing dialogues: Zoey telling MC, MC telling Jill, Jill telling whoever, Jill telling MC, MC telling Zoey), then Zoey still has yet to arrive, she can't bring such drama already

simply Zoey is a selfish child who when her mother lost her own mother, she thought it best to go away on a sabbatical trip

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I don't think so...

first of all, it wouldn't explain Jill's presence (it seems to me too complicated for Jill to help out financially or otherwise as high-level acquaintances, too many missing dialogues: Zoey telling MC, MC telling Jill, Jill telling whoever, Jill telling MC, MC telling Zoey), then Zoey still has yet to arrive, she can't bring such drama already

simply Zoey is a selfish child who when her mother lost her own mother, she thought it best to go away on a sabbatical trip
Or Zoey calls Fuckface in a panic while Fuckface is hanging out with Jill, so Jill offers to drive Fuckface to the hospital. Don't need any mental gymnastics to get Jill to the hospital whoever is ill/injured.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
I’m just going to drop this here.

Draw your own conclusions.

View attachment 2093159
View attachment 2093160
DPC makes Zoey's mother be sick so that he can try and guilt trip us into taking Zoey back since she'll have no one other than MC. Sounds fun, I can see that happening.

I don't think so...

MC still cares for Zoey and he probably holds Zoey's mother in high regard as well, so he goes visit them at the hospital and his girlfriend goes with him, completely believable imo. Also, this scene might not be exclusive to Jill, we might get a version of this event for every LI :unsure:

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Or Zoey calls Fuckface in a panic while Fuckface is hanging out with Jill, so Jill offers to drive Fuckface to the hospital. Don't need any mental gymnastics to get Jill to the hospital whoever is ill/injured.
Well yeah ... but she was still bitching in her head if you choose helping Sage over her.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes