Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Oh... Don't get me wrong... I'm not accusing him any conning or scheming... I just think it was not only a bad storytelling decision but also a bad development & business decision, and since it's funded, a waste of resources... Of course his reputation is too high too be tarnished by that and probably he'll still have quite a following until the end of his épopée, but I think he's becoming indulgent and this proposition from the link you mentioned above -- "I know that the interlude will speak for itself and be both satisfying and worth playing for any fan of the game" -- proved to be untrue (unless it's a circular definition, like, a fan of the game is one who found the Interlude satisfying).

When you quantify like that, it seems to be nothing, but a pause of an year without an episode is a lot subjectively speaking: people start to lose interest, people start to complain, people forget about the story, people move on with their lives and so on...
Hello there. I want to share the opinion that you exaggerate the negative consequences of the Interlude. If your only fan resource for the game is F95, then I can understand that. You are in an opinion bubble. There is a very large alarm group that panics for any reason. F95 is generally a unique resource with a large number of "gamers in a rage." I subscribe to several BaDIK resources such as Reddit, Steam and even a Youtube music channel. There is no such drama because of the Interlude. There are people who did not like it, but according to my personal observations, everything is okay there.
I am not subscribed to his Patreon and Discord, but the people who are there said that the audience calmly accepted the Interlude. And also I'm not sure about "falling interest" and "bad business decision". Patrons count is stable at 11.5-13.5k for a long time after Ep.8. Of course, there is a decrease in subscribers after the release of Ep.8 - at the time of release there were 15k and then sit in the development cycle. But that's okay - people subscribe for a month the moment a new episode comes out. I think when Ep.9 comes out, there will be a big increase again.
So I'm sure a lot of us over-dramatize the Interlude and it's not worth the shit storm that's going on. In 5-7 weeks we will all forget about it.

UPD:I'd be worried about far more important issues than the Interlude. For example, the animation production speed in Ep.9. 1.1/day - very slow, this speed was before Ep.6. And the game has grown a lot. I think he needs to do something about this problem.

Last edited:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
a pause of an year without an episode is a lot subjectively speaking: people start to lose interest, people start to complain, people forget about the story, people move on with their lives and so on...
That is part of the reason I am peacing out of this one. My limit is about 6mo (which is probably too unrealistically brief for current day AVNs, but I just don't have the ability to maintain interest in a story over long period of time). After 6mo or so, I start losing interest exponentially. I am the same way with regular novels as I am visual novels (Hello GRRM :mad: )

i don't really dwell on Interlude stuff (is it / isn't it debate). I played it quickly one time and meh. It is ancient history to me now. Haven't touched BaDIK since then, even to replay the fantastic s1.

But even if the production times somehow quicken, I have other issues with the game that I don't think are going to improve.
I find the the new style of animations (as described by the dr himself) annoying. I doubt I will even be able to enjoy this as a purely fap game if he goes all in on these bizarre animations. Absolutely loathe auto-switching angles within one animation clip. Looping a specific type of movement then advancing to the next, at the initiation of the player, is preferable. Player control is supposed to be a feature of AVNs, especially during lewds.

I also did not enjoy the latter half of season 2. DPC is leaning more into the drama aspects that defined his work in AL and I thoroughly disliked everything about that production. Add to that the mysteries that never seem to be solved after two seasons (but could be by MC just asking a simple question) and :cautious:

Another issue I have is that I am not interested in any of the 5 main LIs. That is a bit of a problem in an AVN. Especially when you consider that the side girls are not guaranteed content every episode. We got next to nothing with Cammy in an entire episode. Couple that with a long production time and you may have to go 2 years before you get content with a girl you like. Can't do it any longer. Season 1 is still to me one of the best AVN experiences I've had and nothing will diminish that, but I can see where this train is going and I'm content to step off and leave it with happy memories before it becomes AL part 2 for me.

scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
I don't mind the long wait with this game as you know it will be packed with content and lots of story, different paths etc. to play through.
Plenty of other good games out there that have long waits and even longer in some cases and you don't feel confident the update will be a big one with lots of stuff and tend to disappoint

Yes would be great to have quicker updates but if I had the choice between 2 shorter updates or one huge one over 8 or so months I would take the longer wait.
4-6 weeks and I think we will have it out.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The fabled minute long animation cannot be anything other than a time lapse, probably Halloween preparations, or the ending of the chapter. So prepare to have people lose their marbles about wasted development time :cautious:
It could be a slo-mo of Fuckface's seeds delivering the prize to lucky winner of pregnancy test we got a sneak peek of.

Dinguz

Apr 14, 2020
While we are waiting for the next update:

Which scene in the game is your favourite so far?

I think mine is the smoking-weed-on-the-rooftop-scene. The build-up is exciting as you don't know what will happen, the music is perfect, and the outcome very rewarding if you choose to go with it.

fgsfds111

Dec 2, 2019
While we are waiting for the next update:

Which scene in the game is your favourite so far?

I think mine is the smoking-weed-on-the-rooftop-scene. The build-up is exciting as you don't know what will happen, the music is perfect, and the outcome very rewarding if you choose to go with it.
Orgasm control game with Bella has been the best thing I've ever witnessed in such games. Can't wait to see how my playthrough proceeds from such awesomeness.

Dinguz

Apr 14, 2020
my favorite scene is the MC's first night with Jade. damn that woman had some energy that night.
close second is the scene with Bella after she helps MC clean up the mess in the library.
Yeah I liked the scene with Bella in the library as well. Felt a like a date that could have happened in real life in the sense that it had just the right amount of akwardness. The sex was good. And her walk of shame was funny. I like Jade, but that scene was a bit too much for me :)

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes