ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So I initially wanted to wait for this game to be completed since BADIK didn't seem like an open-ended game that would take forever to finish, if ever. But I guess that was kind of naïve of me to think lol. Is there an update around the corner I should wait for or do I just download and start now?
Not sure if serious but a progress update and speculations about new release are literally few posts above yours.

tl;dr: likely mid/late December for next episode.

SKTN

May 9, 2018
So I initially wanted to wait for this game to be completed since BADIK didn't seem like an open-ended game that would take forever to finish, if ever. But I guess that was kind of naïve of me to think lol. Is there an update around the corner I should wait for or do I just download and start now?
I say do it now, preferably 0.8.2 version and not 0.8.3, because removed songs are still there. And setup saves for all the paths before ep9 release in december.

Reactions: itsyeboii

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I really love this this game but the dev should seriously start either making smaller updates of 1500 to 2000 renders or spliting updates in 2 parts i mean one update a year that's fucked expecially if he keeps making even bigger updates as he has probably gonna be more than one year per update also if it wasn't for that pointless interlude we could have probaly had the update like 2 to 3 months ago.

We will not get MORE if he splits his work into parts... in fact, that would cost more time too. Cause he has to somewhat wrap the smaller parts up too, cant let them end midway so everyones wonders "huhm? game stopped in the middle, is something wrong?" Doesnt make sense... i dont see any benefit in getting unfinished parts of an epsiode, if we can get the whole episode which will be wrapped up.

And regarding the interlude... *sigh* here we go again... the interlude itself took him about a month... not more... there werent much animations, the renders are going VERY fast.

Yeah the whole inteelude took him 3 months of development time, but this time didnt went into the interlude itself, most of the time was used for the new savegame system, gamesystem and whatnot... without the interlude story he would only be about 1 month faster now... well... big deal... to code and make the new gamelaunch and save import was the mainpart for the interlude work-progress and he had to do it anyway even without the Zoey part.

AND there is some other point too... DPC was kinda tired from being a dik, he admitted that, and the Zoey story was a welcoming break for him too... if he wouldnt have done that, well, maybe working on episode 9 would be much slower and his creativity would have been stuck in a loop. Would you prefer that?

I dont like Zoey and iam not a fan of the interlude either... but it had its purpose on the technical side (was even the major part to prepare for season 3) many forget that...

iam dissapointed too that ep 9 will not be out until late december, or more likely january... was pretty sure DPC wanted to get it done around halloween... but well, he couldnt stop himself again putting more and more stuff into the episode. Thats just the way he is.

Nov 2, 2022
We will not get MORE if he splits his work into parts... in fact, that would cost more time too. Cause he has to somewhat wrap the smaller parts up too, cant let them end midway so everyones wonders "huhm? game stopped in the middle, is something wrong?" Doesnt make sense... i dont see any benefit in getting unfinished parts of an epsiode, if we can get the whole episode which will be wrapped up.

And regarding the interlude... *sigh* here we go again... the interlude itself took him about a month... not more... there werent much animations, the renders are going VERY fast.

Yeah the whole inteelude took him 3 months of development time, but this time didnt went into the interlude itself, most of the time was used for the new savegame system, gamesystem and whatnot... without the interlude story he would only be about 1 month faster now... well... big deal... to code and make the new gamelaunch and save import was the mainpart for the interlude work-progress and he had to do it anyway even without the Zoey part.

AND there is some other point too... DPC was kinda tired from being a dik, he admitted that, and the Zoey story was a welcoming break for him too... if he wouldnt have done that, well, maybe working on episode 9 would be much slower and his creativity would have been stuck in a loop. Would you prefer that?

I dont like Zoey and iam not a fan of the interlude either... but it had its purpose on the technical side (was even the major part to prepare for season 3) many forget that...

iam dissapointed too that ep 9 will not be out until late december, or more likely january... was pretty sure DPC wanted to get it done around halloween... but well, he couldnt stop himself again putting more and more stuff into the episode. Thats just the way he is.
Yeah. Let him make meanwhile Life is Strange 3 about Chloe. We will waite a couple of years until he gets new ideas and inspiration.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Not sure if serious but a progress update and speculations about new release are literally few posts above yours.

tl;dr: likely mid/late December for next episode.
Yeah I saw it but it's still pretty vague and for all I know, the DPC could be late with his updates like many other devs on Patreon lol. So asked to be sure.
I say do it now, preferably 0.8.2 version and not 0.8.3, because removed songs are still there. And setup saves for all the paths before ep9 release in december.
Thanks

Decent-Win

Apr 27, 2020
People keep complaining about the interlude, the interlude is not the problem the update is taking this long because of these long animations he keeps adding if thay were lewd scene animations that would be fine but 90% of these are for normal scenes that shit is unnecessary.

abcde

Apr 30, 2017

Maybe split updates isn't the best idea but i think most people would agree he should start making smaller updates like he used in the beggining of this game and just make updates with 1550 to 2500 renders taking it to 3 or 4 months of waiting like his earlier updates and let's be real 1500 to 2500 renders is still a pretty big updates compared to other games updates he can't keep making updates always bigger than the last or do you think waiting 2 years for 2 updates is aceptable :unsure: all i'm saying is i love this game and i didn't mind the earlier updates being 1550 to 2500 renders i thought the updates were great and didn't feel they were too small plus i still remember his first game acting lesson he finished the game in 7 months one update each month and while that game only had 300 to 700 renders per update the updates still felt pretty big.
Plus the interlude could have been sumarized in the newest update with one or two scenes and we would have gotten the update earlier instead or getting a single character update which i think most people aren't really that interested in .

Last edited:
Reactions: eM-Ka and BorgiaBou

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Maybe split updates isn't the best idea but i think most people would agree he should start making smaller updates like he used in the beggining of this game and just make updates with 1550 to 2500 renders taking it to 3 or 4 months of waiting like his earlier updates and let's be real 1500 to 2500 renders is still a pretty big updates compared to other games updates he can't keep making updates always bigger than the last or do you think waiting 2 years for 2 updates is aceptable ??? all i'm saying is i love this game and i didn't mind the earlier updates being 1550 to 2500 renders i thought the updates were great and didn't feel they were too small plus i still remember his first game acting lesson he finished the game in 7 months one update each month and while that game only had 300 to 700 renders per update the updates still felt pretty big.
Plus the interlude could have been sumarized in the newest update with one or two scenes and we would have gotten the update earlier instead or getting a single character update which i think most people aren't really that interested in .
Nope it dont think its acceptable to get 2 updates in 2 years (or one in one year) but i dont think that it will be this way.

DPC started to develop ep 9 in march, late march even... after all we know now, it will be released within the next 6-8 weeks, so overall it will take around 9 months and a little more to finish it...

It will be the biggest episode so far, with the most complex animations so far, and THOSE animations took the majority time to render... in fact, he was pretty much done with the whole episode 3 weeks ago, only the animations and polishing was left to do. And now only the animations are left and the play testing by others...

Its fair to say, he went overboard with the animations, and i think he will realise that.

But... he can upgrade his slaves, buying some RTX 4090 for this will make it much faster to render these animations in the future. So even if ep 10 will be as big as ep 9, the whole rendering will be faster, and you can bet your ass that he will upgrade his hardware, ccause until now, he always did as soon something was available... wouldnt surprise me if he already has some RTX 4090 lying around but just didnt wanted to upgrade during the process.

but if you ask me... ep9 will be the "peak" for the biggest episode, and i would guess ep10 will be around the amount of ep 7 maybe which will be about 30% less than ep9 will get.

All that in mind, i would say its more likely that the next episode will get out faster and will be a little bit smaller than this one, and we will get it in around 6 months...

And looking at the progress numbers... he hasnt slowed down, you can see that by the post of mpa71 (btw, awesome work)

iowaboy1844

Oct 6, 2018
Maybe split updates isn't the best idea but i think most people would agree he should start making smaller updates like he used in the beggining of this game and just make updates with 1550 to 2500 renders taking it to 3 or 4 months of waiting like his earlier updates and let's be real 1500 to 2500 renders is still a pretty big updates compared to other games updates he can't keep making updates always bigger than the last or do you think waiting 2 years for 2 updates is aceptable :unsure: all i'm saying is i love this game and i didn't mind the earlier updates being 1550 to 2500 renders i thought the updates were great and didn't feel they were too small plus i still remember his first game acting lesson he finished the game in 7 months one update each month and while that game only had 300 to 700 renders per update the updates still felt pretty big.
Hard to make a shorter update when you've got 9 (if I remember correctly what he said a while back) distinct routes that marginally intertwine whereas before all the routes (of which there was maybe 6 until final decisions of Episode 8) would intertwine with each other almost completely. To do a smaller update that would come out 2-3 times a year would mean we progress maybe half a day at most in each update and some routes would see no progression.

Reactions: gigicurcan23

abcde

Apr 30, 2017
Nope it dont think its acceptable to get 2 updates in 2 years (or one in one year) but i dont think that it will be this way.

DPC started to develop ep 9 in march, late march even... after all we know now, it will be released within the next 6-8 weeks, so overall it will take around 9 months and a little more to finish it...

It will be the biggest episode so far, with the most complex animations so far, and THOSE animations took the majority time to render... in fact, he was pretty much done with the whole episode 3 weeks ago, only the animations and polishing was left to do. And now only the animations are left and the play testing by others...

Its fair to say, he went overboard with the animations, and i think he will realise that.

But... he can upgrade his slaves, buying some RTX 4090 for this will make it much faster to render these animations in the future. So even if ep 10 will be as big as ep 9, the whole rendering will be faster, and you can bet your ass that he will upgrade his hardware, ccause until now, he always did as soon something was available... wouldnt surprise me if he already has some RTX 4090 lying around but just didnt wanted to upgrade during the process.

but if you ask me... ep9 will be the "peak" for the biggest episode, and i would guess ep10 will be around the amount of ep 7 maybe which will be about 30% less than ep9 will get.

All that in mind, i would say its more likely that the next episode will get out faster and will be a little bit smaller than this one, and we will get it in around 6 months...

And looking at the progress numbers... he hasnt slowed down, you can see that by the post of mpa71 (btw, awesome work)
Yeah you 're right hopefully after this huge update he upgrades his setup and tries to scale down his updates just a bit i mean he has to see making an update bigger each time isn't optimal expecially if takes more than a year hopefully we get the update in decemeber and i hope he won't make more standalone updates like the interlude that slow down updates to the main game.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I don't want short updates, never liked them and they are infuriating when you wait months for an hour of gameplay. He just needs to buy a damn RTX4090 to speed up the rendering of those fucking slow animations.
stats.PNG
It's easy to see that after Episode 6 he bought new equipment and needs to do it all over again.

abcde

Apr 30, 2017
Hard to make a shorter update when you've got 9 (if I remember correctly what he said a while back) distinct routes that marginally intertwine whereas before all the routes (of which there was maybe 6 until final decisions of Episode 8) would intertwine with each other almost completely. To do a smaller update that would come out 2-3 times a year would mean we progress maybe half a day at most in each update and some routes would see no progression.
I get that's it's hard for him with soo many routes and a lot of decisions in the game but you got to admit it would be better getting 3 2500 render updates a year than a 6000 renders per year plus if he keeps making the updates bigger we might be waiting for more than one year for updates he should atleast scale down updates just a bit.

Reactions: Jimmy90

abcde

Apr 30, 2017
I don't want short updates, never liked them and they are infuriating when you wait months for an hour of gameplay. He just needs to buy a damn RTX4090 to speed up the rendering of those fucking slow animations.
View attachment 2146828
It's easy to see that after Episode 6 he bought new equipment and needs to do it all over again.
I mean i didn't think any of the earlier updates were small most game updates are usually 1000 renders or lower for example another one of my favourite game city of broken dreamers the dev makes around 700 to 1000 renders per update and i still think the updates are pretty big all i'm saying is he should scale down a bit i think we can all agree updates with 2500 to 3000 renders are pretty big and i think he should scale back his renders a bit or we will have to start to wait longer than a year for updates hopefully he upgrades his setup and updates get a bit faster.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I mean i didn't think any of the earlier updates were small most game updates are usually 1000 renders or lower for example another one of my favourite game city of broken dreamers the dev makes around 700 to 1000 renders per update and i still think the updates are pretty big all i'm saying is he should scale down a bit i think we can all agree updates with 2500 to 3000 renders are pretty big and i think he should scale back his renders a bit or we will have to start to wait longer than a year for updates hopefully he upgrades his setup and updates get a bit faster.
Again. Static renderers, of which 4000+ are not a problem at all. Of course, they can be slightly reduced, cut out something really unnecessary, well, reduced from 5k to 4k. Minor game optimization.
But the biggest problem is the animations. They are considered separately and are the most difficult part of development, as they require huge performance resources. If animations are at 30FPS, then every second consists of 30 renders... and animated dynamic shadows, reflections, lighting system are added to this. I won't be surprised if Ep.9 animations use RAY-tracing technology... So more performance this first way to speed up. Ep.8 cycle is not a problem for me, but this one is getting very big. And there are still Episodes ahead and we do not know how life will turn out tomorrow.

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
Was ... there some kind of connection between those two? I thought it was all just fan theories based on the house shown in the diary flashbacks and Jill's family's house.
But ofcourse, perhaps check the moment MC looks at the diary.
And not only that... look at the picture with lynette and her friends.

The house looks like jills home,
The one on the left obviously is jills best friends mom, hence that bianca and the girl on the left wear the same necklace.
Thats awfull strong hints, too strong really.
dunno who the one on the right might be.
So yea connection right there.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes