Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
> I have also significantly increased the render quality of both static renders and animations for episode 9

Sounds cool, but why? After a point, increasing render quality will give diminishing results with far more rendering time. I doubt more than 15%-20% of his patrons play the VN on a 4k monitor, it is just waste of resources at this point. Even moreso with animations - the animations already look fine, there is no need to improve the quality more, unless the actual animation is more complex.

CheesusRice

Oct 24, 2021
Wouldn't it have been better to use the interlude to focus more on what the connection was between mc's mom and jill's mom and co, i mean i'm kinde curious about that, not much have been shown about it.
altho this may still yet come considering reading the diary not completed yet. >.<
If DPC didn't dedicate the Interlude to getting to know Zoe(Chloe? IDFR) he would have had to waste so much time during ep9 to explain what we thought happened vs the reality(the picture). It also allows him to flesh out her character/personality, i.e. is she a bitch or not. Everything concerning MCs Mom/Jill's family can more easily, and better for the story, by being explained through Jill(like it helps keep her story interesting if you don't get together with her).

Traitus

Aug 6, 2017
Time for crazy theories. Today I caught myself thinking that Madame Rose does not exist. Why? Let's go back to Episodes 3 and 4. Pink Rose events. In these two events, we get to know all the girls. Lily, Nicole, Brandi, Rose(girl with MC's face), Sandy, the bartender. Tommy mentions Tanya. No Madame Rose.
In Episode 7 we are introduced to Madame Rose if we have chosen a strip club. Then, when in Episode 8, during cleaning, we communicate with all the girls, except ... Madame Rose and Brandi. No one from DIK knows Madame and never mentions her. In Pink Rose we never see her and none of the girls mention her. She doesn't look like a part of this world, she simply doesn't exist in it. That's all. It's a fucking hallucination of DIK MC starting to lose his mind.
If you choose a strip club - you are just a horndog who don't care about your DIK brothers and your mind starts to go crazy from spermotoxicosis. Actually, instead of Madame...Brandi or nothing. It is likely that the MC looks at the air and leaves the money in an empty booth. The club staff doesn't mind if a strange guy comes and just leaves money.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Or Madame Rose was created much later in the development as a money sink.

Did DPC says its taking to long:unsure: If DPC is right then I think Mid December is very real and who knows maybe it will be sooner one can only hope but at least there is light at the end of tunnel
4 to 5 weeks fo finish renders. 1 to 2 weeks for testing.
That puts us from 5 to 7 weeks from today.
Add to that that this is the biggest episode ever. So I think is naive to expect for testing to require the minimal instead of maximun time. After the testing would be bug fix and releasing. Lets hope this is a bug free. Finally we have to think that festivities are around the corner and DPC is not gonna sacrifice those because we want the release as early as posible.
So yeah, late december at the earliest. Last week of december or january more likely.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Darkwen

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
So I did search for this but didn't seem to get that clear of an answer,So how do you play the Sage Chick path?

Ostap Bender

Jun 26, 2019

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
Its fair to say, he went overboard with the animations, and i think he will realise that.
Being generous to DPC for a moment, I think the jury is still out on the question of whether he went overboard this time. Don't get me wrong, I'm leaning in that direction myself, but it could be that the episode is a total knockout and justifies every day it took to create. Fan response to episode 9 could be so overwhelmingly positive that it simply reinforces his belief in what he's doing and the way he's doing it. We'd only see him start to question his approach if, after playing the episode, people come out with comments like this in sufficient numbers:

"Sure, it was good...but was it really 9 months' worth of development time good?"

That's a crunch question, I think. And by taking as long as he has this time around, he's pretty much guaranteed that it will factor in to how a lot of people play the episode. After the initial buzz has faded...was it worth it?

Among the things I'll be looking out for is the 1 minute 23 second long animation that is included somewhere in episode 9. Remember we know from the status updates that that animation alone took very nearly one whole month to render. It could be amazing...but will it be amazing enough that you wouldn't trade it to knock about four weeks off development time right now?

Like any creative endeavour game development is about choices: what do you spend your time and resources on, what's worth spending your time and resources on. For the verdict on whether he got the balance right for episode 9 we'll have to wait another 1 minute 23 seconds worth of development time and cross our fingers that it was worth it.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Being generous to DPC for a moment, I think the jury is still out on the question of whether he went overboard this time. Don't get me wrong, I'm leaning in that direction myself, but it could be that the episode is a total knockout and justifies every day it took to create. Fan response to episode 9 could be so overwhelmingly positive that it simply reinforces his belief in what he's doing and the way he's doing it. We'd only see him start to question his approach if, after playing the episode, people come out with comments like this in sufficient numbers:

"Sure, it was good...but was it really 9 months' worth of development time good?"

That's a crunch question, I think. And by taking as long as he has this time around, he's pretty much guaranteed that it will factor in to how a lot of people play the episode. After the initial buzz has faded...was it worth it?

Among the things I'll be looking out for is the 1 minute 23 second long animation that is included somewhere in episode 9. Remember we know from the status updates that that animation alone took very nearly one whole month to render. It could be amazing...but will it be amazing enough that you wouldn't trade it to knock about four weeks off development time right now?

Like any creative endeavour game development is about choices: what do you spend your time and resources on, what's worth spending your time and resources on. For the verdict on whether he got the balance right for episode 9 we'll have to wait another 1 minute 23 seconds worth of development time and cross our fingers that it was worth it.
I think the EP 9 is going to be great maybe the best buts not going to justify the wait for the episode yes when playing I'm not going to care long it took but afterward yes I say it was good or great but it shouldn't had taken this long

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
DPC replied to a comment on Patreon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This sounds like a bunch of excuses to me, he clearly has no intention to speed things up...

If this bothers you, my recommendation would be to stop supporting me and the game between releases or even altogether.
I wonder why he didn't say this at the beginnig of this game... hypocrisy at his finnest

Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes