allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
So I initially wanted to wait for this game to be completed since BADIK didn't seem like an open-ended game that would take forever to finish, if ever. But I guess that was kind of naïve of me to think lol. Is there an update around the corner I should wait for or do I just download and start now?
It'll take a while to play through 8 episodes. Might as well just start now then play ep 9. Or just wait like 5 years for the whole thing to finished. :LOL:
But nah seriously. It'll probably take a few more years of waiting for the game to finish.

Reactions: itsyeboii

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
DPC said:
Every episode progresses the story further. This isn't an open-ended project where content gets slapped on to extend its duration. I'm working toward the end of my pre-planned story, and I do it in big chunks. Every episode is mapped out in advance, I already know the big events of every remaining episode in the game, so they can't be made smaller. One way to make smaller updates would be to split an episode into more updates, but here are the problems with that:

1. More updates mean less content over time; as I have to do more release and after-release work, I get less time for content creation.
  2. This would require me to work in chronological order with every episode, which I never do. Releasing the first part before the second or third part would limit my creativity, as everything that is released is set in stone. If I wanted to go back and put in more details or flesh out earlier parts of the episode, I couldn't because it would be released. I would miss out on viewing the episode as a whole, instead of working on smaller parts of this whole - sacrificing the overall quality per episode.
  3. The amount of content would be different depending on the branch you'd play; resulting in i.e., that a Sage player would get less content than a Jill player or similar due to branching content.
  4. The code isn't structured in a way that allows this, and more game-breaking bugs and unloadable saves would happen, causing more stress for me and frustration for you.
Packaging the updates into a singular, well-thought-out big episode is the concept I've done since episode 1 and will continue to do for the game's duration. Yes, the size has grown with each episode so far, and Halloween is one of the top 3 episodes I have wanted to create for this game since the beginning, so it was extra hard for me to limit my creativity with this one (which you will see come release).

Based on my answer, the question I would like to ask you to reflect on in return is the following:

Do you think it's worth cutting planned content from the game altogether to bring an update faster, i.e. cutting out content for side girls, removing a lot of lewd scenes and romantic interactions, skipping side stories, and just keeping canon story and main girls' stories?

If your answer to this question is yes, we don't share the same mindset.

It's frustrating to wait, but one day, this game will be done, and I won't return to it. I may not even continue developing games after this game; I can't know that for sure; but I'm committed to seeing this one through. When it's complete, I want to know that I did EVERYTHING I planned to do and did it in the way I wanted. If I look back at this game thinking, "players made me rush this game", I would hate myself for letting me get affected, and I would hate the game.

I hope episodes 10-12 are smaller than episode 9, without sacrificing content, and I constantly try to work smarter. But I won't be releasing at a much faster schedule than this. If this bothers you, my recommendation would be to stop supporting me and the game between releases or even altogether. I'd hate to receive donations from patrons who aren't satisfied, and I've always favored transparency and honesty. I will still work on this project even if I have zero patrons. This game is my passion.
i mean, i appreciate his work ethic and i trust that he isnt deliberately and maliciously stalling to get more money over time. but this does kinda seem like a long winded series of excuses that always amount to "it's my way or the highway" and implies that there is literally nothing possible on this earth that he could ever do to speed up production or to trim the fat overall on BaDIK. If every single major story beat is already "mapped out in advance", then there is no reason other than his own lack of self control (or desire to stall) for every episode to be bigger than the last and take longer to release.

also some of the stuff he said is kinda confusing to me: like him talking about how if he didnt use his current system that players on different branching paths would have differing amounts of content. Do people expect every single path to have 1:1 ratio of equal content??? That seems stupid because each of the LIs have different stories, and they cant possibly all be of equal importance in the big picture. so some girls would get more content but that doesnt make it "wrong" that makes it a natural story that is not padded out with filler crap to make each path be "fair" and equal with the others. Like Sage and Maya are clearly major players in the story no matter what path you are on, so it makes perfect sense that if you are on their designated path that they will "feel" like the have more content because they kinda do and thats okay. then some of the other stuff he says kinda comes off as like veiled threats, which im not sure if that was his intention or not.

if i could ask him a question, it would be "Does he think its okay to continue to balloon each new episode, even though he said himself that everything is already planned out in advance?" If his answer is "no", then we dont share the same mindset. And id say that since he already makes more money than most of us combined ever will in our lifetimes, maybe if he decides to add new stuff that delays the episode (or make something like the Interlude) that he should pause all the donations on Patreon himself until he is back on schedule. just my two cents

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Maybe split updates isn't the best idea but i think most people would agree he should start making smaller updates like he used in the beggining of this game and just make updates with 1550 to 2500 renders taking it to 3 or 4 months of waiting like his earlier updates and let's be real 1500 to 2500 renders is still a pretty big updates compared to other games updates he can't keep making updates always bigger than the last or do you think waiting 2 years for 2 updates is aceptable :unsure: all i'm saying is i love this game and i didn't mind the earlier updates being 1550 to 2500 renders i thought the updates were great and didn't feel they were too small plus i still remember his first game acting lesson he finished the game in 7 months one update each month and while that game only had 300 to 700 renders per update the updates still felt pretty big.
Plus the interlude could have been sumarized in the newest update with one or two scenes and we would have gotten the update earlier instead or getting a single character update which i think most people aren't really that interested in .
Maybe it's because of all the different scenes needed for separate LI paths. Episodes 1 - 4 still felt pretty long but you still had to go on the tennis date with Jill, sleep over at Bella's after showing up drunk to Luigi's, etc. While ep 8 overall didn't feel that long if you just played one path, if you played all of them you realize just how many "path-specific" renders there were.
Idk, I'm not saying it's the sole reason but it should definitely be considered as a factor.
There's also the matter of increasingly "complex" animations. I don't know what that means, first of all. There was someone who posted side-by-side comparisons of two scenes where more apparent effort seemed to have been put in (lighting, other technical stuff, idk, etc.) than the other in the same episode, in the same free roam for ep 8. I just thought "Yea, I didn't really notice the difference. Both were still good". Rather than the sheer number of animations, it seems to be more like the complexity of the animations that seem to hold things up the most.
I'm saying, if I can't really notice a clear difference then I'd personally be ok with the less complex ones if it meant we weren't all on the edge of our seats watching the animation renders finish because it determines whether we get ep 9 this year or next.

abcde

Apr 30, 2017
DPC replied to a comment on Patreon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I get that this game is much more complex than acting lessons but i still remember he made and finished that game in 7 months 1 update each month with renders betweenn 700 to 1000 renders and back then he used to have a job in real life and i perfectly remember when he started developing this game he still had that job and said and i quote"Due to my full-time job and because I want to do BADIK bigger and better, I will never be able to release monthly again." now i'm not even remotly saying give us montly updates i can see how much different and bigger this game is but are you telling me now that he quit his job IRL a long time ago he can't give us more than 1 update a year WTF o_O. Also nobody complained about earlier updates being short and i think people can agree we would prefer faster updates as long as they were the lenght of the earlier episodes nobody would complain.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Being a DIK - MultiMod Edition (Interlude v0.0.1 Mode Core Update)
View attachment 2059333
Comprehensive, reliable, stable. Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v6a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho
So, now I've been pulled from this OP too? WTF... really? All those mods listed and I'm the only one pulled after the OP was "updated" a few days ago?

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
And id say that since he already makes more money than most of us combined ever will in our lifetimes, maybe if he decides to add new stuff that delays the episode (or make something like the Interlude) that he should pause all the donations on Patreon himself until he is back on schedule. just my two cents
Man, why are you making suggestions that are hurting DPC's business ?
He's obviously not padding the game with irrelevant content and random minigames to delay development.
We should feel blessed that he will take 10 years to finish this masterpiece.
//sarcasm

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I find that reply quite interesting. That he is contemplating not doing another game after this one is finished is enough to make me doubt it due to sounding hollow, hes a creative type. Because in the past he have said that he had other good ideas he was real interested in. Something major must have changed in his personal life. Another point in the reply makes it look like ep 10-12 is the final stretch. I find myself fine with that, 3 seasons instead of the 4 seasons is quite the shift. 3 instead of 7 episodes is not such a horrendous wait as expected. I actually like that. Take the meaty stuff from the last season and pad the last 3 eps instead.
Actually he confirmed Season 4 today:
c.png

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
I mean you just need to read post #2 from this thread... its easy for him to talk and say stuff like don't support me if bla bla bla now that he's a millionaire...
But he said you can contribute with something else that isn't money in the same post you linked. Again, it's always so simple, the people that actually pay for this game can just stop paying for it.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
DPC replied to a comment on Patreon:

(..)

Based on my answer, the question I would like to ask you to reflect on in return is the following:

Do you think it's worth cutting planned content from the game altogether to bring an update faster, i.e. cutting out content for side girls, removing a lot of lewd scenes and romantic interactions, skipping side stories, and just keeping canon story and main girls' stories?

If your answer to this question is yes, we don't share the same mindset.

(..)
I feel like he's making a mistake about the basic presumption here -- because posing it as just an on/off matter of "do you want the side content or not" is completely ignoring (or missing) that the complexity of presentation of said content isn't something set in stone. Specifically, the exact same content can be illustrated by wildly different amount of renders. Something as simple as using 3 shots to illustrate a scene instead of 4 shots can lead to huge gains when such modicum of restraint and better judgement is applied to entire episode. And to the end user the difference in quality is likely to be hardly noticeable.

Last edited:

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
i mean, i appreciate his work ethic and i trust that he isnt deliberately and maliciously stalling to get more money over time. but this does kinda seem like a long winded series of excuses that always amount to "it's my way or the highway" and implies that there is literally nothing possible on this earth that he could ever do to speed up production or to trim the fat overall on BaDIK. If every single major story beat is already "mapped out in advance", then there is no reason other than his own lack of self control (or desire to stall) for every episode to be bigger than the last and take longer to release.

also some of the stuff he said is kinda confusing to me: like him talking about how if he didnt use his current system that players on different branching paths would have differing amounts of content. Do people expect every single path to have 1:1 ratio of equal content??? That seems stupid because each of the LIs have different stories, and they cant possibly all be of equal importance in the big picture. so some girls would get more content but that doesnt make it "wrong" that makes it a natural story that is not padded out with filler crap to make each path be "fair" and equal with the others. Like Sage and Maya are clearly major players in the story no matter what path you are on, so it makes perfect sense that if you are on their designated path that they will "feel" like the have more content because they kinda do and thats okay. then some of the other stuff he says kinda comes off as like veiled threats, which im not sure if that was his intention or not.

if i could ask him a question, it would be "Does he think its okay to continue to balloon each new episode, even though he said himself that everything is already planned out in advance?" If his answer is "no", then we dont share the same mindset. And id say that since he already makes more money than most of us combined ever will in our lifetimes, maybe if he decides to add new stuff that delays the episode (or make something like the Interlude) that he should pause all the donations on Patreon himself until he is back on schedule. just my two cents
puts tinfoil hat on
I may sound like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists but with him actually acknowledging this problem I think that when he posted that status update where he said something like "THIS UPDATE IS SO GOOD" he was already expecting shit to hit the fan when patrons realized they wouldn't be getting the episode this month so he decided to hype it up further to try and somewhat mitigate the meltdown.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes