felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Being generous to DPC for a moment, I think the jury is still out on the question of whether he went overboard this time. Don't get me wrong, I'm leaning in that direction myself, but it could be that the episode is a total knockout and justifies every day it took to create. Fan response to episode 9 could be so overwhelmingly positive that it simply reinforces his belief in what he's doing and the way he's doing it. We'd only see him start to question his approach if, after playing the episode, people come out with comments like this in sufficient numbers:

"Sure, it was good...but was it really 9 months' worth of development time good?"

That's a crunch question, I think. And by taking as long as he has this time around, he's pretty much guaranteed that it will factor in to how a lot of people play the episode. After the initial buzz has faded...was it worth it?

Among the things I'll be looking out for is the 1 minute 23 second long animation that is included somewhere in episode 9. Remember we know from the status updates that that animation alone took very nearly one whole month to render. It could be amazing...but will it be amazing enough that you wouldn't trade it to knock about four weeks off development time right now?

Like any creative endeavour game development is about choices: what do you spend your time and resources on, what's worth spending your time and resources on. For the verdict on whether he got the balance right for episode 9 we'll have to wait another 1 minute 23 seconds worth of development time and cross our fingers that it was worth it.
I disagree, the truth is that we can only say it's worth waiting all this time if we're not actually waiting for BADIK at all, and so in the end whether it comes out in december, january or february basically will be the same for us. and there's nothing wrong with that

because if, on the other hand, we were really waiting for the ninth chapter of BADIK the fact that for over a month DPC has been telling us about how he doesn't know how much work there is still to be done, basically making us wait to know how long we will have to wait, would simply be unacceptable

the one-and-a-half minute animation will be a nice group dance.... :cautious:

dempun

Dec 3, 2021
People keep complaining about the interlude, the interlude is not the problem the update is taking this long because of these long animations he keeps adding if thay were lewd scene animations that would be fine but 90% of these are for normal scenes that shit is unnecessary.
Well seeing that we don't know what is in Episode 9, we don't know what is and is not necessary.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
PinkCake is making 100k a month rougly, can't he just get someone to work for ?
He doesn't want to. He's very protective of his coding, even put's anti-copying lines into the code and outsourcing artwork (other than the 2D artwork that's already outsourced) is risky if the new artist isn't as good as DPC himself.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I just did. Nothing happened. It's prob a mod thing. I've searched a lot of sites and comments. Seems to be a popular opinion. Was hoping someone here figured out a way.

Unless it's an android thing? ‍♂
I mean, which mod are you using? Scrappy's or Sancho's? Could also just be an android thing. I don't think DPC makes the game playable for android. So that's like double the mess you have on your hands.
If it's Scrappy's mod, there's a separate thread for that. Go ask there. Someone might have had the same problem. Just check the main page under "Extras".

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
But ofcourse, perhaps check the moment MC looks at the diary.
And not only that... look at the picture with lynette and her friends.

The house looks like jills home,
The one on the left obviously is jills best friends mom, hence that bianca and the girl on the left wear the same necklace.
Thats awfull strong hints, too strong really.
dunno who the one on the right might be.
So yea connection right there.
But that's still kind of up in the air. If the Interlude was about that then it'd be basically DPC confirming it. He'd want to drag that out for sure. You know what I'm saying?

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Did DPC says its taking to long:unsure: If DPC is right then I think Mid December is very real and who knows maybe it will be sooner one can only hope but at least there is light at the end of tunnel
Maybe, 5 weeks puts us at Dec 9. Two weeks for beta testing and proofreading puts it at Dec 23 which is Christmas weekend. So ... maybe we'll see it next year. At the very least the projections haven't gotten worse, since the first week of January was a possible assumption.

Reactions: Gunizz and Darkwen

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
DPC replied to a comment on Patreon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I find that reply quite interesting. That he is contemplating not doing another game after this one is finished is enough to make me doubt it due to sounding hollow, hes a creative type. Because in the past he have said that he had other good ideas he was real interested in. Something major must have changed in his personal life. Another point in the reply makes it look like ep 10-12 is the final stretch. I find myself fine with that, 3 seasons instead of the 4 seasons is quite the shift. 3 instead of 7 episodes is not such a horrendous wait as expected. I actually like that. Take the meaty stuff from the last season and pad the last 3 eps instead.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I find that reply quite interesting. That he is contemplating not doing another game after this one is finished is enough to make me doubt it due to sounding hollow, hes a creative type. Because in the past he have said that he had other good ideas he was real interested in. Something major must have changed in his personal and Another point in the reply makes it look like ep 10-12 is the final stretch. I find myself fine with that, 3 seasons instead of the 4 seasons is quite the shift. 3 instead of 7 episodes is not such a horrendous wait as expected. I actually like that. Take the meaty stuff from the last season and pad the last 3 eps instead.
In another comment, he replied that will have a season 4

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes