SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
When you do branching storyline like that you have to think things through a lot.

You need to take into account that 1 path should be enough for the average player. You can't expect an average player to finish the game multiple times. You should have the whole story here and there and only side themes or easter egg locked out.

It's weird that specific paths completely lock you out of interacting with specific characters in specific times. MC could or could not grew with Bella, for example, but why MC on Others route can't still hang out with her and get more lore through bonding.

It's the episode with the most renders and first attempt at huge branching routes, yet it feels the most souless. I made the decision for other path, yet so much things MC does feel like they're set for specific Others storyline, and I can't do shit about it. My MC got rejected by Bella in EP6 or EP7 and after that her "screentime" in my playthrough went completely downhill.

Other thing. Pararell universes. Why on Jill route she has different suit? Why only on Other route you get to talk to Derek and weird masked girl in his bar? Me fucking Jill suddenly made her disappear and become unrelevant?

scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
Bianca and Sally need sex scenes and so does the girl dressed as a air stewardess I think, can't remember her name, shes's with Clara and Tiffiani.

Decent update, could have been better but with all the branches I feel that was the reason for the story not progressing loads.

All that Riona fun but no good stuff, I was left wanting more. Can't believe she was one without a scene

Nakaei

Sep 12, 2020
Is there a tutorial to begin the Episode 9 with complete saves from previous episodes ? Can't figure what save to put in what repertory ??? Thanks for the help

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Do you know where is the option to "create save to transfer to season 3"? since the interlude I don't see that menu anywhere, only the one to import game from season 2....
You're looking at the wrong screen, pal. There is no 'transfer to season 3' from the Interlude. If you made saves at the end of the interlude, you should be able to continue from those into S3.

The only way to import saves is from the special end-save exports that were made at the finish of Season 2.
Ilhares, bud... WTF? Carolyn... is making out with another dude! I spend all that time to be able to rename her and she's parking someone else's boots under the bed!

View attachment 2243617

How can SanchoMod exist now? Oh.. sweet Carolyn... Neil Diamond does NOT approve. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Dude! I KNOW! WHAT THE SHIT, CAROLYN?! We're taunted for the better part of a year with the "Vixens" highlight teaser, featuring 3 reasonably hot chicks, and the best he gives us is maybe going down on one of them (admittedly, I do like Tiff, she's kinda tasty looking), we don't even get a name on the redhead, and while the MC can wind up in bed with 2/3 of them, he put fucking Tara the crackwhore in the middle, leaving Carolyn alone out on the side.

What. The. Fuck.

Now, granted, I do have to admit that while I found the episode on the whole to be a fucking disappointment, it does have little moments of happiness and joy, but almost every single one of them is on the Others path. Nicole and Rio are in my top tier, and frankly, Quinn has a pretty solid scene, too. I'd like more of Camila, obviously, but if she's sporting a different bun in that oven, well.. Color my MC displeased. And Lily continues to make me think she's an undercover agent of some sort, so I don't care how much fun fucking her can be, there's no trust. And without trust, there can be no love.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Anyone knows how to fix the loop bug?
Try using a save file that you didn't cheat in. That's more of DPC's anti-cheat code, since it seems to only be hitting people who tried to mod the game to pursue more than 1 LI at the end of Episode 8.

Reactions: sava75

RCDL

Jan 22, 2020
I saw earlier today that Becky might win the drinking competition, but since I was at work I forgot to ask, how she win? (I thought it was standard for Gina to win)

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Is there a tutorial to begin the Episode 9 with complete saves from previous episodes ? Can't figure what save to put in what repertory ??? Thanks for the help
Transfer Saves are in Appdata>Roaming>Renpy>persistent (easy way to get there is to type %Appdata% in the 'run' bar in windows.
Look for BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845, if you don't have it that means you haven't finished season 2 properly until you get the screen where it asks you to save for transfer.

Reactions: Nakaei

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
When you do branching storyline like that you have to think things through a lot.

You need to take into account that 1 path should be enough for the average player. You can't expect an average player to finish the game multiple times. You should have the whole story here and there and only side themes or easter egg locked out.

It's weird that specific paths completely lock you out of interacting with specific characters in specific times. MC could or could not grew with Bella, for example, but why MC on Others route can't still hang out with her and get more lore through bonding.

It's the episode with the most renders and first attempt at huge branching routes, yet it feels the most souless. I made the decision for other path, yet so much things MC does feel like they're set for specific Others storyline, and I can't do shit about it. My MC got rejected by Bella in EP6 or EP7 and after that her "screentime" in my playthrough went completely downhill.

Other thing. Pararell universes. Why on Jill route she has different suit? Why only on Other route you get to talk to Derek and weird masked girl in his bar? Me fucking Jill suddenly made her disappear and become unrelevant?
im out of likes (y)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Dude! I KNOW! WHAT THE SHIT, CAROLYN?! We're taunted for the better part of a year with the "Vixens" highlight teaser, featuring 3 reasonably hot chicks, and the best he gives us is maybe going down on one of them (admittedly, I do like Tiff, she's kinda tasty looking), we don't even get a name on the redhead, and while the MC can wind up in bed with 2/3 of them, he put fucking Tara the crackwhore in the middle, leaving Carolyn alone out on the side.

What. The. Fuck.

Now, granted, I do have to admit that while I found the episode on the whole to be a fucking disappointment, it does have little moments of happiness and joy, but almost every single one of them is on the Others path. Nicole and Rio are in my top tier, and frankly, Quinn has a pretty solid scene, too. I'd like more of Camila, obviously, but if she's sporting a different bun in that oven, well.. Color my MC displeased. And Lily continues to make me think she's an undercover agent of some sort, so I don't care how much fun fucking her can be, there's no trust. And without trust, there can be no love.
I'm quite the Nicole fan myself... but I'm an older redneck that can appreciate her set of skills and I'd consider being her sugar daddy... you know, for science and all. :p

• Haha
Reactions: sava75

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Well, I've played through a substantial portion of Episode 9, and I'm sorry to say I didn't like it much.

If I'm being subjective, it was more or less everything I feared: one excuse after another to stall the relationships with the chosen LI, with a *massively* overblown party to distract us from everything else. If I'm trying to be objective things are better: there's still a lot of sharp dialog, goofy fun and (of course) sex to enjoy. But even then, I think the structure of this episode is very badly conceived. The Halloween party goes on way too long, the vaunted branching actually feels less distinct that the old paths did, and there's a real disconnect between DPC's obsession with consequences and the frankly moronic shit he makes the characters do to keep things on his preferred rails.

IMHO as Christmas gifts go, Episode 9 was the relative who spends an obscene amount of money on trendy, high-priced junk to make up for the fact they didn't pay enough attention during the year to know what you actually want. On the one hand, it's comforting to know that they really do care, but on the other hand it's hard not to be a little disturbed at how much they wasted on stuff you're never going to use.

Episode 9 didn't give me the stronger romantic connections I was looking for in the wake of the crossroads, and it certainly didn't do much to advance the plot. It did deliver a lot of sex scenes, but you sure have to slog through a lot to get them. The high water mark is probably some nice work with the side girls on the Others branch (particularly for Quinn, Riona and Zoey), but that just deepens my suspicions that Season 3 will be all about stalling the LI branches while the new girls play catch up. I'm not waiting 2-3 years for that.

We'll dive into the nitty gritty of the Episode then call it a wrap, which will obviously involve spoilers. But first, a quick note to a certain member of the audience:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Okay, now, on with the spoilers.

So that's my take on Episode 9. IMHO it was not the episode we needed at this point. But it's pretty clear it wasn't a mistake, so we might as well accept it or move on.

tl;dr An overgrown free-roam that slows down the LIs, speeds up the side-girls, delivers plenty of spectacle and ends on yet another cliffhanger, all without actually advancing the story.

Last edited:

Jokerakos23

Jun 30, 2019
Hey guys does anyone have a problem with the game crashing after a dialogue with Jacob at the beginning? Does anyone know how to fix? I loaded the game by using Import from Interlude please give me ur lights

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes