Alikadam443

Nov 30, 2021
It's almost always an issue, every update release has new anti-mod measures in place, so the only way to guarantee a trouble-free game on new release day is if you never use mods to your games. This assumes, of course, that there aren't actual bugs in the release.
but thats so boring mod are cool is there really no middle ground

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I’m not calling out anyone specific, as I am very aware that the mansion layout can be confusing and hard to navigate to find things.

but after reading so many posts I think I understand why the NPC followers in God of War Ragnarok yell out the answers to the puzzles almost immediately :KEK:
there is definitely laziness, but there are several tasks that are triggered automatically by going to a particular room for no particular reason, plus you often don't find in that room the people you see in the preview on the quick navigation

Incognymous

May 6, 2017
I've found the 2 keys guide me for 3rd
in the freezer (Pillory, open up pillory, look at upper half of stange symbol on pillory, PW for freezer), in the green goo, in the cage ,go above the skelly *right in the middle the key glow is fickle, go slowly (last two, you need to read the instuction/hints on the entrance door

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I think to a lot of people, the party didn’t FEEL big though.

We spend most of our gameplay running in circles through the same corridors and rooms over and over. There doesn’t seem to be an obvious logical path that the party is following; no steady build up of scenes and events that lead to a huge crescendo as the party ends. This is coupled with the way the gameplay is broken up by the narrative flashbacks and little bits in the present to make the party feel very disconnected. It feels like we are just going through a list of things to do instead of actually experiencing the party in a more organic way. And then at last the party is just over all of a sudden and players aren’t sure what to make of whatever they just went through.

and if we accept what you say is truth and it’s a psychological response because it wasn’t what people expected, then DPC should have been MUCH more specific in his updates about what this episode was actually gonna entail. He could have warned people it was 80% sandbox free roam weeks/months ago. Then we might have all been better “prepared” for what we were gonna get our hands on. And btw, his last minute extra hyping of this episode didn’t do him any favors either. So IMO even if it is a psychological problem, it is still DPC that should take the brunt of the blame here. Not fans/customers who have been waiting a year IRL to play again
Mostly, what happens in ep. 9 doesn't make sense. Just an example:

when you are in Josy&Maya's route: you are in love with Josy and she is your woman, isn't it? well, you see a syringe in Tommy's room (her brother!!) and you know he's a drug addict - well, you tell yourself it's not your business anyway and you don't tell her anything (how about a "girl, I think your brother needs help") - her DAD has just invited you at their house, dude!!

Man, you tell Josy & Sage that Chad and Troy are gay, and you don't tell your girlfriend that a guy just entered your room and pointed a gun at you ?!?!?!?! WTF, DrPinkCake!!!

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I think to a lot of people, the party didn’t FEEL big though.

We spend most of our gameplay running in circles through the same corridors and rooms over and over. There doesn’t seem to be an obvious logical path that the party is following; no steady build up of scenes and events that lead to a huge crescendo as the party ends. This is coupled with the way the gameplay is broken up by the narrative flashbacks and little bits in the present to make the party feel very disconnected. It feels like we are just going through a list of things to do instead of actually experiencing the party in a more organic way. And then at last the party is just over all of a sudden and players aren’t sure what to make of whatever they just went through.

and if we accept what you say is truth and it’s a psychological response because it wasn’t what people expected, then DPC should have been MUCH more specific in his updates about what this episode was actually gonna entail. He could have warned people it was 80% sandbox free roam weeks/months ago. Then we might have all been better “prepared” for what we were gonna get our hands on. And btw, his last minute extra hyping of this episode didn’t do him any favors either. So IMO even if it is a psychological problem, it is still DPC that should take the brunt of the blame here. Not fans/customers who have been waiting a year IRL to play again
I'm inclined to agree with most of you points I think. My biggest issue with it personally is the fact that it feels even shorter than a typical update from DPC but took substantially longer to make. There are other things that didn't sit well with me, the fact that Zoey was just dabbled in even after an entire interlude for her grand entrance. And the still drawn out tuition plot that has run it's course long ago. I also don't see these branching Paths that have been talked about. Unless by that he meant the different activities you can pick. If that's the case then they have been severely overhyped. I guess you could also count the "end the night" choices but they seem like little more than flourishes instead of just scenes to the actual game based on your choices so far. Also as it stands the plot moved forward by miniscule amounts, nothing significant happened until the ass end of it and even that was hardly enough to push things forward. All in all for me it was meh at best and wasn't worth the wait in my opinion.

Incognymous

May 6, 2017
Mostly, what happens in ep. 9 doesn't make sense. Just an example:

when you are in Josy&Maya's route: you are in love with Josy and she is your woman, isn't it? well, you see a syringe in Tommy's room (her brother!!) and you know he's a drug addict - well, you tell yourself it's not your business anyway and you don't tell her anything (how about a "girl, I think your brother needs help") - her DAD has just invited you at their house, dude!!

Man, you tell Josy & Sage that Chad and Troy are gay, and you don't tell your girlfriend that a guy just entered your room and pointed a gun at you ?!?!?!?! WTF, DrPinkCake!!!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TrainHardnett

Jun 15, 2017
I’m not calling out anyone specific, as I am very aware that the mansion layout can be confusing and hard to navigate to find things.

but after reading so many posts I think I understand why the NPC followers in God of War Ragnarok yell out the answers to the puzzles almost immediately :KEK:
Aint this the truth, on my second and third playthrough i did everything in less then 20 minutes because you already know where to go and its not like its hard plus there is literally a room by room teleport at the bottom right.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes