Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
Verdict after three paths played in Episode 9 (Isabella, Maya&Josy, Sage)

Having now played three paths with the new update and absorbed the talk here on the forum I feel like I can see both sides of the argument regarding the quality of the update.

It's clear that free roam was predominant this episode. For me personally it provides better immersion and story-telling than the regular VN moments. This is a bit of a divider on the fan base and is solely about personal preference. Saying either is better/worse will just divulge your own leaning without saying anything about the game. With that said the navigation can be a bit confusing at first, while the fast travel map is very helpful and time saving it would likely have been better with a mini-map in the corner or similar.

The other big question is with regard to the length. Here however I will defend DPC. Having played a couple of path now it's clear that there's a lot of diverging material that will be excluded when pursuing any specific love interest. For the average player who only runs one path the content will be severely restricted. So to get full value out of the game you should be running multiple saves. You can piss and moan about this but the fact is that this isn't a harem game that puts all credible plausibility aside to let you juggle every girl that crosses your path, and I'm glad for it because that would severely degrade the story. The Jill/Isabella storyline underscores how this is handle with very believable reactions on Jill's side should you choose the big tiddy milf.

I can also sympathize with DPC on how problematic this must make creating each episode. The flowchart for any individual episode by now with all the accumulated flags must look like spaghetti. At this point individual paths will get narrower and shorter while the game simultaneously get broader. I admire this dedication while simultaneously feeling that this will unfailingly force the game to start coming to its conclusion.

Now we already know that Season 3 will be the last of BaDIK, but 3 more episodes? I feel DPCs talents would be better used by now to wrap up this story and move on to something new. Especially if we will have to wait this long for the remaining episodes.

Still I enjoyed Ep 9 as I feel there's very few other adult game on the market that can provide the same mix of good writing, story, and graphics.

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
in general, the narrative does not consider what happens on rooster as real
otherwise everyone would have seen even MC post a picture of Bella in a bathing suit, or Derek flaunt the stolen trophy in Tybalt's room
what happens on rooster usually stays on rooster

it was a shallow and silly explanation to explain a dislike that if DPC had not wanted to tell us we would not have felt the need to understand why

Jill and Sage have so little in common that it wouldn't have surprised anyone that they barely dated in college
This problem with this is that there are numerous instances of Rooster and its posts actually being integral to the story, or directly referenced with the dialogue. This includes Cathy cluck, MC cooking pancakes with Bella, MC's performance at Jill's recital, Emma's cluck of Zoey and so on.

As for stupid incriminating shit being on social media? That happens enough in real life, let alone college fantasy slice of life AVN.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Now we already know that Season 3 will be the last of BaDIK, but 3 more episodes? I feel DPCs talents would be better used by now to wrap up this story and move on to something new. Especially if we will have to wait this long for the remaining episodes.
I would say instead that it will definitely not be the case

a fourth season is definitely planned, and it is not even certain that that will be the last one

Incognymous

May 6, 2017
I download season 1 & 2 and the 0.8.3 update patch. Now sure where do I unzip.
[Part 1] Season 1 & 2 (0.8.3) is already a complete game? part? you don't need the 0.8.3 patch

[Part 2] Just download the Season 3 Episode 9 it's the latest of the latest

The game is split into parts because of the size

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Tommy kinda assured the MC that the gun was fake and was on the fake crime scene in Rusty's room.
from the players POV we know Tommy later said it was real
Sure. And Tommy himself tells Quinn MC was deeply shaken.

Man, a dude you are aware is a dangerous criminal entered your room and threatened you. Your reaction? you have sex with your girlfriend in the very same place at the end of the party. Are you for real, bro?

Reactions: Ppino

Dubolic

Nov 17, 2022
[Part 1] Season 1 & 2 (0.8.3) is already a complete game? part? you don't need the 0.8.3 patch

[Part 2] Just download the Season 3 Episode 9 it's the latest of the latest

The game is split into parts because of the size
Thanks! Guess I can delete the update patch now.

Jul 17, 2022
My position is this: this episode is not what many wanted. People were waiting for the continuation of the story and answers to many questions after a long break. But this episode is different. This is the reason for so many dissatisfied people. But this is just a psychological moment, people react this way because they expected something else.
But I think Episode 9 is good because it's everything Being a DIK is in the first place. Parties, humor, sex, pranks, college life.
This is most likely the reason why I highly appreciated Episode 9. I enjoy playing different things.
By the way, I often remember the comments in the thread, in which people said that it would be nice to have a huge party that would surpass all the others. It worked out. It was the coolest party so far, but I will add a drop of criticism. MC could do more crazy things.
But I have to say that some people overreact and get frustrated. Being such sensitive snowflakes is not cool.

I disagree, being a dik is a game that sometimes has free roams, not entire episodes of free roams.
This episode sucked not only because of lack of progression or the fact it is really pretty short if you cut out the free roam aspects to it.
MC acts like a bitch no matter what playthrough you do, MC sees a gun and instantly believes tommy that the gun is a prop but not just that he wanted to call the cops even on a full dik playthrough! BAD WRITING
The haunted house sucked

The Jamie/Leon/Dany and the fucking rabbit side plot SUCKS
Sage no matter what just acts like a whore
The burke house meeting was total dogshit no matter what, and you dont even get the option to not fuck jade in the kitchen if your seeing her? WTF

MC being all weird about getting an STD check and Jill just being weird in her run but in bellas run Jill actually feels like how a real person would act so it makes being with Jill feel like your with someone else

Oh fuckkkk off with that jills best friend is getting cheated on sideplot, no one cares about these new characters. You cant tell me you brought these characters in just to have them used like that

AHHHHHHHHHHH ok im not even done but hey at least if you like "others" playthrough you fuck everything you can. kinda...stiffler like, I approve.

NyVar

May 23, 2020
Im happy it's here. But that took way too fast to play through :(
Played my 5 saves in one evening and a morning. Used to take half a week for me usually.
And thats with less paths aswell. Oh, well.

Anyways, i blame Becky for this episode.. So, FUCK YOU, Becky!!! :D
We all remember the Becky in school, right? xD

• Angry
Reactions: Hawke84

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
So many people asking about saves to unlock the gallery or precisely the rewards and scenes. Guys, it doesn't work with saves. You need the persistent file. I'll gave you mine if you want. Here are ZIP's with my persistent files (Season 1 and 2 Version 0.8.x, Steam and the Season 3 Version 0.10.x). You only have to delete your old persistent file and put the new one into your save folder. Make sure to use the correct file for the correct game.

Have fun with it!

For the ones who don't know where to copy the file: (name of your BaDIK-folder)\games\saves

latest edit: I reuploaded the files because some people can't read easy instructions and renaming a file is rocket science or magic for them. So instead of one ZIP file with all persistent files, it's three ZIP packages. One ZIP with one persistent file for every game version.

Last edited:

freye112

Jul 20, 2019
I liked the new episode even if I thought it might be short. But can understand if it is because there are lot more paths now instead of being some guy who dates everyone. Also because there is lot more branching paths so it might take little with each episode. Hope pinke does over work themselves. With all these other paths and shit. But hope everyone got there stuff with there romantic interest. Also hope he does rush shit and go at his own pace.

Reactions: Ludock

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
A few things:

1) The new opening song (I never downloaded the previous patch so this is the first time hearing it), is kinda soulless. Totally change it to "My Heart" by Summertime - definitely the DIKs theme song, and it's even more relevant after Leon's costume this episode :ROFLMAO::

2) Josy was so gorgeous this episode. Absolutely radiant.

3) Jill is officially a parody.

4) Watching the main menu slide show was more interesting than the entire episode (the episode was fun, but there was almost nothing to care about).

5) Favourite scene was the truth dare or drink scene with M&J. It was fun, sexy and natural.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
A few things:

1) The new opening song (I never downloaded the previous patch so this is the first time hearing it), is kinda soulless. Totally change it to "My Heart" by Summertime - definitely the DIKs theme song, and it's even more relevant after Leon's costume this episode :ROFLMAO::

2) Josy was so gorgeous this episode. Absolutely radiant.

3) Jill is officially a parody.

4) Watching the main menu slide show was more interesting than the entire episode (the episode was fun, but there was almost nothing to care about).

5) Favourite scene was the truth dare or drink scene with M&J. It was fun, sexy and natural.
I know why you are so disappointed in this episode - there was no D&G. :Kappa:

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
screenshot0003.png screenshot0001.png
So on the roof Rusty tells me that he didn't sell the car but in his profile app it shows that he did sell his car...

Last edited:
Reactions: oceanskie
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes