always86

Mar 19, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Haven’t got a lot of this Rio stuff in my runs, will have to check what I’m missing.

Does anyone know what difference it makes letting the Preps in or not? Didn’t seem to impact anything major on my runs?

All those chicks in their Halloween costumes and we get to bang the same chicks. Not even one of the Vixens let alone Bianca.

I mean come on lol.
Hardest choice in the episode. I went with gently place hand. Couldn’t tell if the grab was a lip bite or annoyance so played it a bit safe. I’m gunning for a threesome so wanted to express interest. (Hoping it doesn’t backfire if you reveal her BF is cheating)

I found the little bastard again! This motherfucker is pissing everywhere! :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 2246349
Haha I missed this, that’s great.

I really don't know what DPC was thinking when he made this episode. All the other episodes had so much story. Like so fucking much. The game just went on and on, there was so much to digest, your head was spinning with the possibilities, the conspiracies, the characters. It was great.

This episode is 95% literally running around the DIK mansion looking for people so that random shit can occur. I get that the mc was pretty much the host, but even from that perspective, he mc'd (haha, the mc "mc'd") the first drinking competition, and maybe replaced some food. So he was just running around for no reason at all!

And of all the free roam environments, the DIK mansion is the most tedious and the most nonsensical to navigate. We've already had I don't know how many free roams in the mansion, so why not dedicate an entire episode to that?

I reckon DPC should have announced, episode 9 was gonna pretty much be entirely an epic Halloween party, because I don't think anyone expected it to be the whole episode. When it came to an end, I was shocked. Never has a BaDIK episode just ended and I've gone, "WTF! That's it!?!?" Usually about half way through I'm like, "Man this is such a long episode, so cool!".

Nah, it just ended and I was just left going, "oh...".

Really, it's like the "Popeyes Cheddar Biscuit Butterfly Shrimp" fiasco all over again!

I fucking hope this was a one off. It's like he's getting bored with just telling the story, now he's experimenting with shit, trying to come up with some new way of presenting it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well it's broke now motherfucker!

Fair enough, there were some fun scenes:

So yeah, the more I analyse, the more I'm gonna think on the whole it was OK. But please, no more 95% free roam episodes! Next he'll go full sandbox! :eek:
I tend to agree with most of what you said, we certainly had similar highlights. My main problem is just how complex it is to get everything lined up in the way you need it to unlock everything.

A small example on my Sage exclusive run I wound up neutral. But part of her sex scene requires DIK status. Is it worth having to run the entire game again to unlock one alternative animation? No. Do I happen to have a hardcore DIK run I can use. Yes, but the average player isn’t going to have the better part of 20 playthroughs to go back and forth on.

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
anyone got a pic of what Jamie's original outfit was supposed to be? I heard he does change into the outfit leon wanted him to wear when Danny leaves the party but I dont remember it happening

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
anyone got a pic of what Jamie's original outfit was supposed to be? I heard he does change into the outfit leon wanted him to wear when Danny leaves the party but I dont remember it happening
He supposedly had to dress as Envy while Leon as Lilly lmao, i'll try to take a photo of it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JLP603

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
Overall I'm satisfied with my Jill run this update.

Would love more Rooster content and texting stuff in the future as well cause it just makes the characters more alive and interactive. Maybe a reaction to your Rooster replies as well if you said something. I know it's a party episode so there're less of that but feels like we've been getting less of that lately.

Does Sarah (girl in bunny suit) has her own path or is she just a side character? She's hot as hell :unsure:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Now that episode 9 has finally come out and the emotions have subsided, there is time to analyze a little. Episode 9 was good and fun, it was a kind of experiment for DPC with a narrative format and a way to relieve tension.
You know what, the more my emotions "are subsiding", the more I dislike episode 9. The more I play it, the more I dislike it.

I had stored many different gameplays (and, mind you, I've never completed a Bella path because I really can't understand why my 19 years old might be interested in a 35 years old grumpy librariar, and why a 35 years old woman with a fresh failed marriage might be interested in a 19 years old boy) - all sort of types: monogamic chick routes, multiple dating chick routes till the final decision, chaotic DIK path, monogamic Sage DIK/neutral/chick routes, Others DIK route, Others neutral route.

If I played all of them, I might see almost every ep. 9 content, but... is it worthwhile?

Honestly, while playing my 4th gameplay I stopped because I felt I was doing a chore. Yes, guys, playing them was a damn chore.

Every episode 9 subplot gameplay feels like a short wandering through the same old place with a few different changes (a couple of scenes, a few lines here and there).
Man, that's totally the opposite of what the previous episode were.

The sad sad sad sad sad truth is that even though this episode contains the most CGs and animations ever, it feels like the shortest episode ever. It feels like the infamous despised interlude.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Anyone want to summarize the last 20 pages that happened while I was playing the game?

My thoughts:
  • Renders look great. Like, WAY better than the early episodes.
  • Damn, that's a lot of branching.
  • Felt a bit like the episode with the Prep Party, except I might have actually wanted to go to this party at some point in my life.
  • Not nearly enough man-whoring around on the "Others" route. The whole point behind that route was to NOT make a choice, and then you just have to make a choice (Lily and Nicole, of course). (Who am I kidding, I tried all the "others" routes.)
  • Oh look, Chekov's gun.
  • There should have been an "end the night with Zoey" scene - she came back from San Diego because she missed the MC and Karma's 3rd Leg. I don't want to see her skipping the invite to take a go on the magic disco stick.
  • Sage is still the best girl, but Josy and Maya's scenes were great.
  • Progress on Sally, but none on Karen. Sigh.
  • MC should have sent Sandy either Derek or Rusty's way.
  • There's more, but I'm too tired right now.

Reactions: always86

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Nick changes very little, in fact almost all DIKs already knew after the fantastic idea of spending the night with them in chapter six

Agrreed on the rest
Hmm, I don't think chapter 6 was a giveaway, sure the diks might think MC fucked Bella but that's quite different from full blown dating and a relationship, so I don't think they'd find out about it without Nick. They'd surely know that MC is dating whoever the mummy is, but I don't think they would be able to make the connection to Isabella.

But after reflecting on it for a while I do agree that MC's closest friends finding out about it even without Nick is probably inevitable.
People talk, as soon as there's rumours about MC getting freaky with the mummy under Tara's disguise or getting quite intimate while dancing, Josy, Maya and Sage just need to do the math to get what's happening, especially when they realize Jill kept and still is keeping her distance from Bella. Same with Derek whom immediately recognized her voice but couldn't quite drunkenly make the connection.
Can't wait to see them being weirded out by the relationship :Kappa:

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
what was the point on using the dorm girls as the title card "the vixens" when they're barely in the episode and if you choose to finish the night in you room ,they're sleeping on you bed but nothing happens (you do jack shit with them).
talk about false expectations . i-pity-the-fool.jpg

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
what was the point on using the dorm girls as the title card "the vixens" when they're barely in the episode and if you choose to finish the night in you room ,they're sleeping on you bed but nothing happens (you do jack shit with them).
talk about false expectations . View attachment 2247072
Well, probably the word is used in a sense that no one would expect them to be so naughty.

It would be way too early to do something with them, but it's getting there.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Im halfway thru the episode but i believe the cause of everyone's major complaint (lack of story progression) was due to DPC's decision of creating branching storylines.

I really don't think so. This is much like, was it Episode 5? The one with the Prep's party. That one had almost no story progress - really just one or two plot points. The next episode, I suspect, will be more story focused, as was the rest of season 2. But so, the first full episode of season 3 is, as with season 2, more about reminding us of the world for the rest of the season, and setting up the central conflicts and stories for the rest of the season. Combine the Interlude and episode 9, you have the stage set for the next act.

Calypso345

Aug 9, 2017
I'm just have a guess for the future story.
Whoever didn't choose jill path includes me ( with small part of community) welp cuz Lily sent me out of road
I'm %100 sure Jill might end up relationship with Rusty so be ready ;)

Reactions: always86
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes