SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I really didn't like the interlude it was a waste of resources from dpc, tho i gotta say i really liked Zoey here in this update so i think that dpc should've just made a flashback in this episode with her telling our mc what she's been doing the last year... simple as that, there was no need for that interlude...
one of my biggest gripes was that this episode already went out of its way to incorporate flashbacks from other characters too

Quinn's flashback you cannot ignore and Zoey's could have followed suit, though maybe makes hers a few scenes longer if necessary since there might be a little more ground to cover. a Zoey flashback would fit thematically with the rest of the episode and wouldnt feel out of place in the slightest. Seems like a completely missed opportunity by DPC. and a really obvious one at that

Reactions: BorgiaBou

paiprofeta12

Feb 16, 2020
hey guys, I cannot play this game on my MacBook, everytime I try I get this error saying "its no possible to open the app", someone know what cai I do?

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
Did a cheeky replay of Episode 9, this time with Mod to see if I missed any important branches or hidden scenes and oh boy. Remember this is from Massive DIK perspective and on no serious relationships with anyone.

Initially I didn't wanna give Sally the Derek's special drink, seemed like a makeshift pissjar to troll someone and I don't like such mean pranks, but it's okay to give her that drink trust me.. She mostly enjoyed it and I as player definitely enjoyed it more than not giving it to her lol.

The Haunted Basement is a BAIT! Take the storytelling activity, 10x better and for free! Enjoy! :)

Found myself lost in old Rooster posts for a long time, almost brought tear to my eye. This is why I was slightly disappointed about less Rooster posts than usual this update - this system is one of my favorite parts of the game!

Nicole supremacy. I am completely in love with her I can't help it. Kinda sucks Lily is trying so hard to weasel her way in front of MC, I would much rather devote my 100% to Nicole this update... even tho I'm glad I had option to only fuck Nicole and leave Lily dry lmao.. Also the update end suggest we will have more 1on1 chances with Nicole in future, perhaps even for serious relationship (Sage, Jill, Maya/Josy tier!!!).

Now the only question remaining is.... will I get bored enough to do Massive CHIC run from 0 to finish starting Season 1? I might skim through it just to see what the good nerd life looks like haha

• Red Heart
Reactions: lipe2410

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Btw going through last 1000+ posts and regularly seeing Ilhares loosing his shit at some slackers was a pleasant distraction, made me chuckle every time, thanks for that! :D
Glad to help. Seriously, Episode 8 burned out all my tolerance. Within the first two days of its release there were over 3000 new posts, I get 100 posts per page. Do you have any idea how often I sae thr exact same fucking problems? I could totally understand and forgive the first 20 or so, it was new. It was also solved almost immediately and added to the first post.

If I could bottle my rage/frustration at these people into an mp3, it might blow up your tweeters.

hentaikeyfan

Jun 27, 2018
would you mind going into more detail what you liked about it? there are many essays so far on why people didnt like it, but very in comparatively talking about what they did like about it. im just curious as i know my own perspective and am currently gathering my thoughts toward my own post, and id like to learn more about the other perspective

*you dont have to actually write an essay lol
Sure man, I'll give you a short rundown. I have only done a couple playthroughs so far though, I haven't played every possible choice.

First off, the new music for this episode was awesome. Every game needs this kind of feature, and the new tracks were fantastic. I genuinely bumped up the music and just kinda grooved during the whole episode. MVMT - More than Friends, what a track. That went right onto my youtube music playlist, just like the one you only hear if you're with Josy during the dorm party.

I really enjoyed the different stages of the party. This is definitely the largest free roam event to date, and I genuinely enjoyed how the night changed and there were new events as the night progressed. I can't wait to play through as the whore we all know you can be ;)

The basement dungeon was very cool. Only took me 5 minutes, it didn't feel tedious or poorly made, and it was a fun little escape room event. I can see criticism from people that enjoy these games on their phone, but since it didn't affect me, I enjoyed it.

The writing, as always, is fantastic. It feels very realistic to me. These are people I have come to care about, for better or worse. Confronting you-know-who in your room near the end of the party had my blood boiling. I sat in my chair for 5 mins at that scene just imagining what I would do if I was in a situation like that.

Zoey. Man, I appreciated how mature I was able to be about the whole situation in the game. Obviously the characters themselves still have a lot to sort through and process, but I was so glad it didn't have to be some cringey high school drama shit right off the bat. I wasn't much of a fan of the interlude, but having a bit more insight into what happened to her and their past, it adds to the characters and their relationship. And of course, possible drama going forward that CAN be avoided, I'm all for it.

I think, most of all, I enjoyed seeing all the different dominoes falling around the table. Some people would argue that these should all be much bigger events, but I personally don't need an entire new scene for every little variable. A few sentences, some nice renders, I'm happy.

All in all, I think a lot of the disappointment comes from the length of the episode and how long we had to wait to get it. As someone who didn't even know this game existed until the entirety of seasons 1 and 2 were already finished, being able to binge something but then having to wait for new content sucks. But I don't think this episode is in any way worse than any episode that came before. Arguably its one of the best. I don't check this thread everyday, sifting through all the different theories and opinions about the characters that other people do, and I don't care to debate people on which is better or which is worse or whatever. Just me with my 2 cents.

Incognymous

May 6, 2017
Glad to help. Seriously, Episode 8 burned out all my tolerance. Within the first two days of its release there were over 3000 new posts, I get 100 posts per page. Do you have any idea how often I sae thr exact same fucking problems? I could totally understand and forgive the first 20 or so, it was new. It was also solved almost immediately and added to the first post.

If I could bottle my rage/frustration at these people into an mp3, it might blow up your tweeters.
So what are the FAQ's for Episode 9?
Besides
"My game crashes when Jacob talks to Tommy?"
"How to solve haunted mansion?"
"Where is the bloody key!?"
"Where's the fookin' tap!?"

Reactions: KaiserST

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
A warning to everybody:

if you date all the Main Girls till the end of episode 8, you will get 2 heartbreaking scenes in episode 9.

So, if you don't want to be in relationship with Josy&Maya and you don't want to make Josy cry, you'd better tell them that you want to be friends in the library . If you don't want to be Jill's boyfriend, you'd better dump her at the first tennis date, otherwise she will be devastated.

I've warned you: I made Josy cry, and I feel like shit , now. :cry::cry:

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Sure man, I'll give you a short rundown. I have only done a couple playthroughs so far though, I haven't played every possible choice.

First off, the new music for this episode was awesome. Every game needs this kind of feature, and the new tracks were fantastic. I genuinely bumped up the music and just kinda grooved during the whole episode. MVMT - More than Friends, what a track. That went right onto my youtube music playlist, just like the one you only hear if you're with Josy during the dorm party.

I really enjoyed the different stages of the party. This is definitely the largest free roam event to date, and I genuinely enjoyed how the night changed and there were new events as the night progressed. I can't wait to play through as the whore we all know you can be ;)

The basement dungeon was very cool. Only took me 5 minutes, it didn't feel tedious or poorly made, and it was a fun little escape room event. I can see criticism from people that enjoy these games on their phone, but since it didn't affect me, I enjoyed it.

The writing, as always, is fantastic. It feels very realistic to me. These are people I have come to care about, for better or worse. Confronting you-know-who in your room near the end of the party had my blood boiling. I sat in my chair for 5 mins at that scene just imagining what I would do if I was in a situation like that.

Zoey. Man, I appreciated how mature I was able to be about the whole situation in the game. Obviously the characters themselves still have a lot to sort through and process, but I was so glad it didn't have to be some cringey high school drama shit right off the bat. I wasn't much of a fan of the interlude, but having a bit more insight into what happened to her and their past, it adds to the characters and their relationship. And of course, possible drama going forward that CAN be avoided, I'm all for it.

I think, most of all, I enjoyed seeing all the different dominoes falling around the table. Some people would argue that these should all be much bigger events, but I personally don't need an entire new scene for every little variable. A few sentences, some nice renders, I'm happy.

All in all, I think a lot of the disappointment comes from the length of the episode and how long we had to wait to get it. As someone who didn't even know this game existed until the entirety of seasons 1 and 2 were already finished, being able to binge something but then having to wait for new content sucks. But I don't think this episode is in any way worse than any episode that came before. Arguably its one of the best. I don't check this thread everyday, sifting through all the different theories and opinions about the characters that other people do, and I don't care to debate people on which is better or which is worse or whatever. Just me with my 2 cents.
thank you very much :) i appreciate your lengthy and thoughtful response (y) (y) (y)

Reactions: hentaikeyfan

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
A warning to everybody:

if you date all the Main Girls till the end of episode 8, you will get 2 heartbreaking scenes in episode 9.

So, if you don't want to be in relationship with Josy&Maya and you don't want to make Josy cry, you'd better tell them that you want to be friends in the library . If you don't want to be Jill's boyfriend, you'd better dump her at the first tennis date, otherwise she will be devastated.

I've warned you: I made Josy cry, and I feel like shit. :cry::cry:
Or just be a DIK choose "Others" and ironically the DIK MC has better friendships with all the LI's than the CHICK MC without upsetting anyone.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Nicole supremacy. I am completely in love with her I can't help it. Kinda sucks Lily is trying so hard to weasel her way in front of MC, I would much rather devote my 100% to Nicole this update... even tho I'm glad I had option to only fuck Nicole and leave Lily dry lmao.. Also the update end suggest we will have more 1on1 chances with Nicole in future, perhaps even for serious relationship (Sage, Jill, Maya/Josy tier!!!).
I can't get over Nicole in this episode, she was a true MVP together with Lily

Reactions: Lord Bradley
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes