Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
They generally stick to Creative Commons tracks, or skip music altogether.
I can't imagine why someone would skip music, its a huge part of what makes a game good.

Thank you for telling me about Creative Commons, that reminds me that DPC talked about "CC BY-SA 3.0 license" when he shared the post about The Friday Prophets, which leads me to understand he ALSO probably started using free songs first, and then probably stated buying music slowly but surly.

can't argue that the premiumbeat library is incredible, and the "mood" filter is simply perfect for game developers, but they need to get some earnings in before they do that.

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
Since Quinn is already falling for MC, I hope when she finally admit her feellings for him we can dump her for Riona or Lily and tell her to her face. And then when she, disappointed, shocked and sad asks why we play with her like this, MC will smile and say:
"Remember when you took my clothes and made run around the campus naked and not even feel sory? This is payback bitch"
donald-trump-wrong.gif

she doesnt apologize per se but she explains the situation and says "no harsh feelings ok?"
also its part of the DIKs haze so...
derek also did it

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I can't imagine why someone would skip music, its a huge part of what makes a game good.
It's not that uncommon especially since quite a few players will turn off the game's music in favor of their own selection. HTML games in particular are often silent. But yeah, personally i'd rather play what the game comes with.

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
That's CRAZY MONEY.
what are smaller developers doing? is everyone spending 4-5 figures in order to have songs in their games?
Maybe 4-5 years ago music was a problem but not today. There is a lot of indie musicians and studios who's allow using their music in games for free. You just have to credit them, only lazy developer not using this possibility.
The very best of indie musicians (in my opinion ofc) is Karl Casey, who's music I've heard in several games (not just VNs). This dude have a very high range of quality music, literally walking talent.

Reactions: Bubba McSmith

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
Maybe 4-5 years ago music was a problem but not today. There is a lot of indie musicians and studios who's allow using their music in games for free. You just have to credit them, only lazy developer not using this possibility.
The very best of indie musicians (in my opinion ofc) is Karl Casey, who's music I've heard in several games (not just VNs). This dude have a very high range of quality music, literally walking talent.
Would you kindly tell me if there are any sources/sites that congregate songs that permit this usage?
i doubt there are ones so organized as premiumbeat, but anything close would be fantastic.

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
Would you kindly tell me if there are any sources/sites that congregate songs that permit this usage?
i doubt there are ones so organized as premiumbeat, but anything close would be fantastic.
I'm afraid there is no such databases, at least I don't know any. There is reason the premiumbeat exists after all.

Reactions: Crepusculum

trifonidis

Jun 20, 2017
Can anyone please say how is the short hidden event available in the free roam after the hots arrived in ep9
You have to keep going to your room till you trigger it. I don't know if it can trigger where the greenscreen is. For me i had to go further in my room where the bed is for it to happen after a lot of back and forth.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Sage was such a surprise for me in the game, in the start she seemed like the typcial popular girl/GF, but DPC made her much more intreasting and gave her depth. She and the MC vibe, same as with most of the girls. I wonder how Zoey will play with the cast, since I doubt that the MC doesn't feel anything+DPC gave her a mini episode of her own (Interlude), so she will definetly play a big part in the game.

Again this game have so many subplots/choises/paths its amazing. This is what I like the most about this game.

Bella is not just a milf, she is a very intreasting character and is suprisingly stoic, but under her stoicness hides mountein of emotion. She is smart, caring, and is a very attrective women.

Besides Jill who I loved in the start but after she dropped our MC just because he chose to attend a sick Sage insted of going to a surprise date. Even in the route that romances Jill it still lefts a sour taste in my mouth, since even if MC doesn't feel love for sage he at least sees her as a good friend and he wants to help her.

The Choise between a surprise picnic and attending sage, WAS THE SHITTIEST CHOISE IN THE GAME. Don't know if its on purpse or not, but it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.
I can't even describe Sage better. The way she gradually develops as a character as we get to know her better is written at the highest level. Some users write that DPC is a bad writer and constantly changes Sage's personality. But it's not. He just reveals it little by little. The fact that Sage is a very good person became clear to me back in Episode 2, when she shows concern for the MC after Dave's mean blow. That moment i understand she's not just popular hot cheerleader.
It opens best in the episode "True Colors" - he even named the episode that way to show that people are not what they seem at first glance.
Bella is extremely interesting for me in terms of the script and I like it as a person, but I get Acting Lessons vibes from her storyline. This door, her husband's history and mental problems. Also, I'm guessing that Bella's storyline will open up this season - this is hinted at by the animated teaser with the door at the beginning of Episode 9.
As for Jill, I don't like her at all as LI. I do not like vanilla stories about good virgin girls, this is the level of a Disney cartoon. As a friend, yes, she is still quite good.
And for me there is no question at all - I will choose instead of a perfect picnic date, helping the sick Sage.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
As for Jill, I don't like her at all as LI. I do not like vanilla stories about good virgin girls, this is the level of a Disney cartoon. As a friend, yes, she is still quite good.
And for me there is no question at all - I will choose instead of a perfect picnic date, helping the sick Sage.
Well it's okay. You can be wrong from time to time. there's no harm in that. :ROFLMAO:

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
I can't even describe Sage better. The way she gradually develops as a character as we get to know her better is written at the highest level. Some users write that DPC is a bad writer and constantly changes Sage's personality. But it's not. He just reveals it little by little. The fact that Sage is a very good person became clear to me back in Episode 2, when she shows concern for the MC after Dave's mean blow. That moment i understand she's not just popular hot cheerleader.
It opens best in the episode "True Colors" - he even named the episode that way to show that people are not what they seem at first glance.
Bella is extremely interesting for me in terms of the script and I like it as a person, but I get Acting Lessons vibes from her storyline. This door, her husband's history and mental problems. Also, I'm guessing that Bella's storyline will open up this season - this is hinted at by the animated teaser with the door at the beginning of Episode 9.
What do you mean by Bella mental problems? Are you referring to her emotional pain over who knows what happened at that Christmas dinner?

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Can anyone please say how is the short hidden event available in the free roam after the hots arrived in ep9
At the first freeroam after the HOTs arrive to the party, head to MC's bedroom. There are three perspectives: Study Area (left), Bed (center), Green Screen (Right). Keep clicking back and forth between the three perspectives and Pissing dude will eventually appear randomly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
The benefit of using NVLink is more Vram (allowing Daz3D more complex scenes with more characters), but render time is actually increased a little. This can be seen in the game, just compare early party renders vs ch9 renders, day and night. With Iray if you don't need the extra Vram not using NVLink is faster.

I think DPC has four 2x3090 rigs.
I was talking about SLI, which doesn’t share vram.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
What do you mean by Bella mental problems? Are you referring to her emotional pain over who knows what happened at that Christmas dinner?
These are guesses. She has severe psychological problems due to her breakup with James. We don't know exactly what happened yet, but the way she behaves, talking to his ghost "come back to me James", fighting with herself when she starts to have feelings for Tremolo. Or take for example her look, in her eyes - coldness and lack of emotion in the early episodes. There is even a fan theory that Bella is experiencing hallucinations.
Or remember Tremolo's words when he kisses her and tells the story in the past tense:
"I wouldn't kiss her. I would call for help."

Reactions: dav3knight

DaimonFey

Oct 28, 2021
Bella is extremely interesting for me in terms of the script and I like it as a person, but I get Acting Lessons vibes from her storyline. This door, her husband's history and mental problems.
I want to disagree with you about Bella's mental problems but I can't. Perhaps this is the reason why Jill didn't cut MC's picture when we choose Bella above her? Amongst all people in this game she knows Bella best and know that future of this relationship is bleak, therefore she feels that there is still chance for her.
I feel Acting Lessons vibes from more heroines then just Bella. Primarily Maya and Quinn.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I want to disagree with you about Bella's mental problems but I can't. Perhaps this is the reason why Jill didn't cut MC's picture when we choose Bella above her? Amongst all people in this game she knows Bella best and know that future of this relationship is bleak, therefore she feels that there is still chance for her.
I feel Acting Lessons vibes from more heroines then just Bella. Primarily Maya and Quinn.
Most likely, Jill is somehow connected to Bella's past and helped her rise. Bella in Episode 9: "Jill means the world to me." She even says that she is ready to break off relations with MC for the sake of friendship with Jill. It says a lot, but we don't know why yet.

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes