anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I doubt it because of the NTR implications. I doubt he wants to potentially alienate a part of his fanbase.
The way I see it, she's only an LI if she's your ex, if she's just a friend then it's just like Elena. If Jacob asks Fuckface before hooking up then it's not NTR because you'd only give permission if you have no plan yourself to hook up with her.

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
Kindda disapointed with this episode

Just a party scene and that was all

Felt like a lot smaller episode compared to the previous ones

And that for such a long wait time i expected more

The party itself was cool tho
DPC has been creating hype for this Halloween party since episode 7, almost two years. It's impossible to survive to that massive hype.

When Sage proposes MC to organize a Halloween party during the HOTs' party, most people probably thought that they would see the party at episode 8. We had that crap of a dorm party instead, in which if you are not a client of Quinn's restaurant or into Maya and Josy path, you don't see any real action, just random scenes with feminist and nerds and crap.

Then, the fucking interlude (that should has been just a flashback at the beginning of Ep9) delayed the Ep9 for several months more... More waiting, even more hype... And then, only a party. Plot doesn't advance, and since there are so many branches open now and so many Lis, DPC can't pay a lot of attention to all those branches. If you play all the branches and are interested in all girls, the length of the game is OK, I guess. If you really are interested only in one or two girls, the gameplay is really short. A couple of ours for your main Li reading all the texts and seeing all the scenes. Half an hour for your secondary Lis if you skip the scenes that are common to all Lis... It's normal that you finish your game through and think "That's all?" "A year waiting for a real update, and that's all?" :cautious:

The party is OKish, but...

- There are scenes that are just filling material.
- The costumes are just "meh" in most of the cases (as someone said in other comment... Sage dressed as Lily? Really? Couldn't DPC come out with anything better for this main Li?)
- Most of the scenes are too short (for example, MC should be able to play more "truth of drink" with the girls, and with more girls. That should has been a big scene with Jill, Zoey, Bianca... and several rounds of questions).
- There are scenes that probably were planned by DPC and then were cut off the game because of lack of time (a full scene with Sandy, a full ending fucking with those "vixens", an epilogue with the photos of the party...)
- And there should be more flashbacks of things that have happened since Ep.8 Between the ending of Ep8 and Ep9 there are several weeks. Nothing more has happened?

I would like to think that DPC has learned the lesson and is going to really work in shorten development times by hiring help for non-essential tasks. But I suppose it's hopeless. The guy wants to be a one man orchestra :rolleyes: He has even composed some of the music of the game!

Last edited:

tg

May 1, 2017
View attachment 2299676
Now just need to discover if its possible to win the hard mode in the tennis match..
The tennis explanation doesn't really tell you how to play that minigame. You lose if you keep hitting max power, and the way to win is to hit the ball alternately between high and low. So, high, low, high, low, and you like that you can mostly win the point. I haven't tried to win on high, but with my many play throughs, I found that the secret was to do that high-low-high-low hitting. The help for that tennis match is shit.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
One of the things I'm unironically grateful for in this ep is that there's a lot less male nudity. Seriously, we see Derek's cock way to many times during this game - remember ep7 HOTs party where you had to call him several times and he was sprawled on a couch with his dick out and a tampon up his ass? I assume the dev thinks this is funny but to me it's just annoying and even gross at times.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
There's no guide IRL how to handle things like that. And she wasn't the only one who did things wrong. He was the one who stopped replying to her completely, not even a Happy Birthday when she turned 20. And he was the one who gave her short replies when she messaged him or called him, leading to her thinking it was too painful for him to keep in touch.
Yes, she handled it badly but she did it thinking it was the best for him, not to be mean, because she took advice from someone older since she herself lacked experience with things like that.
You should read everything again. Zoey started not answering the MC and then the MC changed his phone number for his own protection, because he didn't want to lie to himself and pretend that Zoey reads his messages.

The problem with Zoey was that she didn't stay herself and took wrong advice without weighing the consequences. The fault lies solely with Zoey.

But Zoey still has a chance to save her friendship with the MC, because we know from EP2 that the MC thinks everyone deserves a second chance. The MC can forgive her for leaving for San Diego, but he will never forget.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Apparently most of the teachers think that Derek is a genius... If Derek is a genius in B&R... how smart the other students are? how smart the teachers are, actually... :unsure: I think you are right.
Derek cheats, it may not be his cheatsheet in the bathroom during midterms but even with minigames turned off he still offers you cheats so he was definitely cheating another way. Cheating will get him good grades and the teachers don't know he's cheating so obviously they think he's just clever.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Apparently most of the teachers think that Derek is a genius... If Derek is a genius in B&R... how smart the other students are? how smart the teachers are, actually... :unsure: I think you are right.
The thing about Derek is actually quite simple. Derek is a genius and is deliberately playing dumb. And why?

- Stupidity creates free time.
- Don't show what you can do, or you'll always have to do it.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
One of the things I'm unironically grateful for in this ep is that there's a lot less male nudity. Seriously, we see Derek's cock way to many times during this game - remember ep7 HOTs party where you had to call him several times and he was sprawled on a couch with his dick out and a tampon up his ass? I assume the dev thinks this is funny but to me it's just annoying and even gross at times.
Understandable to some degree. From my experience, for an adult male, after doing a tour in the army, basic 8 month army training without a tour, going to the gym regularly and so on, one gets used to dicks around him. So an occasional dick in this game doesn't affect me much. Sure, I'd prefer not to have them in my games, but I'm not that grossed out tbh xD

The thing about Derek is actually quite simple. Derek is a genius and is deliberately playing dumb. And why?

I agree with this. My only issue with Derek is that he gossips too much and can't be trusted with info.

Reactions: dalli_x

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022

Yeah, he's a genius. It's weird, because her twin sister doesn't even know. She's worried about him being the next Dawe and repeating grade, or will end up being expelled for cheating and so tells MC but... yeah, Derek is probably a genius playing dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalli_x

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
DPC has been creating hype for this Halloween party since episode 7, almost two years. It's impossible to survive to that massive hype.

When Sage proposes MC to organize a Halloween party during the HOTs' party, most people probably thought that they would see the party at episode 8. We had that crap of a dorm party instead, in which if you are not a client of Quinn's restaurant or into Maya and Josy path, you don't see any real action, just random scenes with feminist and nerds and crap.

Then, the fucking interlude (that should has been just a flashback at the beginning of Ep9) delayed the Ep9 for several months more... More waiting, even more hype... And then, only a party. Plot doesn't advance, and since there are so many branches open now and so many Lis, DPC can't pay a lot of attention to all those branches. If you play all the branches and are interested in all girls, the length of the game is OK, I guess. If you really are interested only in one or two girls, the gameplay is really short. A couple of ours for your main Li reading all the texts and seeing all the scenes. Half an hour for your secondary Lis if you skip the scenes that are common to all Lis... It's normal that you finish your game through and think "That's all?" "A year waiting for a real update, and that's all?" :cautious:

The party is OKish, but...

- There are scenes that are just filling material.
- The costumes are just "meh" in most of the cases (as someone said in other comment... Sage dressed as Lily? Really? Couldn't DPC come out with anything better for this main Li?)
- Most of the scenes are too short (for example, MC should be able to play more "truth of drink" with the girls, and with more girls. That should has been a big scene with Jill, Zoey, Bianca... and several rounds of questions).
- There are scenes that probably were planned by DPC and then were cut off the game because of lack of time (a full scene with Sandy, a full ending fucking with those "vixens", an epilogue with the photos of the party...)
- And there should be more flashbacks of things that have happened since Ep.8 Between the ending of Ep8 and Ep9 there are several weeks. Nothing more has happened?

I would like to think that DPC has learned the lesson and is going to really work in shorten development times by hiring help for non-essential tasks. But I suppose it's hopeless. The guy wants to be a one man orchestra :rolleyes: He has even composed some of the music of the game!
DPC has done everything to create this hype, so then there's little wonder how the chapter is approaching.

but I don't think the problem of the chapter is how far the story advances, which has always had a very slow pace and in addition this is the first chapter of the season so it forcibly serves more as a premise of what will happen than to change the cards on the table.

The problem is its playability. BADIk has always been an extremely replayable game. almost every chapter I've had problems with saves, but it's never been a problem to resume even several chapters, in the end it was always quite fun.

this chapter is a morass, every freeroam we have a list of things to do without a reason, we're asked to talk to people without the story showing us why, and often these tasks have to be done in a certain order. and this time even the quick transport system from one room to another goes against us, showing us previews that are often wrong (like Zoey in Jacob's room, which isn't actually there)

but leaving aside the how, even the what happens is not very harmonious.
The whole chapter would like to be a huge minefield full of temptations, but they're all "stupid" temptations since the game prevents you from fully falling into them, what do I care about touching Sara and Melanie's ass if the game prevents me from doing anything with them? Why should I kiss Camilla and Nicole if I have to say goodbye to them?

as much as it's one of the highlights: Bianca's quest makes 0 sense. why would an MC CHICK touch his girlfriend's best friend's ass? discount store drama

of course there are some nice moments (offhand I can think of the phone call to Josy's father and several moments with Bella), but overall a chapter that left me with little

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes