anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
A silly question: How can I change variables of this game without mod installed (wanna change some variable of Ep8 for Ep9)? I've heard that DPC is pretty stubborn about "protecting" HIS game so I wonder if I'd fuck up my save while trying to do so.
You can change things with console or but if you change things so they contradict, for example activate Jill branch after helping Sage, or while on DIK affinity, the save will break. If you activate multiple branches including Jill and/or Bella then you'll get caught in a loop because they wear different outfits depending on whether you are on their branch or not. Activating Sage and the throuple will probably break too, but I'm not sure where.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeoEros

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
I think the way this website works is the best way to maintain a healthy relationship between developer and user. Its like a well ment handshake. You like it? Then go ahead and support DPC if you want to, the game does not developes by itself. If you dont like it, thats fine, just get the fck out of here :D
I like how some developers have control when to release the free version; I don't mind waiting.

I feel like this site always help most AVNs get Patrons than most sites.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Vinny is strange. On the one hand he behaves like an asshole and on the other hand somehow like a big brother who wants to teach his little brother something. The whole thing with the dog, that he should know his place, sounds like Vinny is reprimanding his little brother. I'm looking forward to EP10 and how things will go with Vinny.

The cameras will have always been in the DIK Mansion because I assume so the DIK Mansion was the campus clubhouse before. Rusty's father will have only intervened to make the clubhouse the DIK Mansion.

Tommy is actually a loser and through the MC Tommy becomes more and more aware of that.
Both Vinny and Tommy are losers but at least Tommy knows he is Vinny on the other hand thinks he's the GOAT or to put it a other way Vinny thinks he is Josy but really he's windy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: dalli_x

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
People are free to use mods if they want to, it's no skin of my nose. But I've got to stick up for the game mechanics a bit in the face of the above criticism. It seems to me the common thread in these complaints is that the unmodded game limits a player's choices. I can understand that if your goal is just to unlock all scenes as quickly as possible then those limits would be frustrating, but if you want to actually play the game in a way that makes the MC a reasonably consistent character whose choices have consequences for the world around him as well as himself, those limits are surely a necessary part of the process.

The DIK/CHICK system is meant to be an approximation of mood and personality. It is far from perfect, of course, and can't ever hope to convey the complexities of a real person's attitude. But there is a logic to the idea that a character who makes certain choices would lean in a certain direction, personality-wise, and respond to situations accordingly, that such a character would be more or less attractive to other characters as a result, and that the choices he makes would open some doors and close others.

If you're reading the situations and the dialogue and thinking about the choices, then some of the limits mentioned above shouldn't be coming as a surprise, in my view, because they mostly make sense within the framework of the game and the personality you've shaped for the MC with choices. A CHICK MC is less likely to want to respond to a situation aggressively, a DIK MC is less likely to want to hug a friend. Of course, we know real people are more complicated than that, but as a rough sketch it's not so unrealistic. I also don't think the choice about whether to go with Jill or take care of Sage is such a far-fetched dilemma the way it's presented, and the consequences of that choice seem about right to me, knowing what we know about Jill's personality in particular.

Each to their own, and mods can certainly have value sometimes, but I get a lot of satisfaction out of knowing the game takes note of my choices and unfolds differently because of them.
This is a good argument. It is the argument I expected and I get it. However you are arguing it makes sense when it really doesn't. Any one of us can be a really kind, sympathetic guy/girl 99% of the time but have a moment, a day, a week when stuff just goes wrong. Where you become angry and frustrated and act out of character. This is normal. And it happens frequently. And this is what BaDIK's system fails to take into account. Once you are locked into a path it's incredibly hard to get off. Say you act nice 8 times in a row and that pushes you from neutral to slightly chick and you are faced with a couple of choices and the one you want to pick is locked behind being neutral of dik. You can't do shit about it. It is, factually, an unrealistic and broken system.

In any game with a functional and rational system you are always given at least a choice to act nice/evil and the game adds up the amount of times you act either way to shape up your personality accordingly. You can lock scenes, events or paths behind that overall score. That at least keeps it balanced. It doesn't force you to pick evil options 10 times in a row just so that you can comeback to neutral ground.

Reactions: Roundell

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Doesn't matter if you use a mod or not if DPC's protection checks contradicting choices made.... It's not detecting mods... It's detecting impossible variables in a playthrough... You can't be a huge Dik and in a relation with Jill, Burke can't have the Jade vid when you are in a relation with Maya/Josy.... Messing with saves that followed a certain path will give conflicting variables.
This is not accurate. I keep reading modders say this as well and yet my single save has never broke. When variables conflict with each other you get an error, yes. All you have to do is rollback and edit the previous variable as you please to move forward. From what I can tell the condition for a new variable in a recent update isn't a single choice you made in ep1. It's the last choice in that branch.
My coding and modding knowledge is almost non existant yet I have been playing the Maya/Josy and Others route with no issue. I went costume shopping with M&J and fucked them at the party. Also fucked Quinn and Lilly/Nicole. Oh and made out with Riona. Got the bj from Heather too. My save is still not broken. I'm playing multiples routes in a single save without a single issue so far. The only precaution I take is making an extra save on another folder each new chapter so that if one goes bad and I can't recover it I can just play the lastest episode over again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alphaeboy and A360

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
Vinny is strange. On the one hand he behaves like an asshole and on the other hand somehow like a big brother who wants to teach his little brother something. The whole thing with the dog, that he should know his place, sounds like Vinny is reprimanding his little brother. I'm looking forward to EP10 and how things will go with Vinny.
It's not at all an "older-younger brother dynamic" and Vinnie don't want to teach anything to MC. When Vinnie was a DIK, he was always competing with Tommy to see who was the "alpha male" of the group. He won that competition the moment Tommy had to go to him to get weed, something that Tommy didn't want to do (just look the smile of Vinnie in that scene), and probably before, by getting Quinn. Now, he's competing with MC. What Vinnie is saying in that scene is "Even if I don't live here anymore, I'm the top dog here, not you. I mark my territory by thrashing your things, that were mine, and you can't do shit about it". Tommy sees it clearly.

aaaUntitled.jpg

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Her branch is a time bomb about to explode

She is not even in my TOP 10
View attachment 2310977
And I'm all in for the shockwave and fatalities :HideThePain:

On a more honest note, well, I've always liked and been with older girls/women. Even my wife is older than me(not by a large amount tho).
And at this point in life, I simply can't find attraction to school girls xD
So Bella was a natural pick for me, hence she's my main route.
But when I play from the MC's point of view, than Sage and Zoey dominate since I can imagine myself falling for that in that age. Specially since I've dated girls like Zoey quite a bit, since alternative and goth girls are kind of a guilty pleasure.

Fun fact tho, I ended up marrying a Jill type in the end, a doctor no less :KEK:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
This is not accurate. I keep reading modders say this as well and yet my single save has never broke. When variables conflict with each other you get an error, yes. All you have to do is rollback and edit the previous variable as you please to move forward. From what I can tell the condition for a new variable in a recent update isn't a single choice you made in ep1. It's the last choice in that branch.
Well, the so called mod detection only causes looping for saves that have been modded...
However if you don't change events or affinity it's no problem to use saves from a game with a mod installed.
Personally i use ScrappyMod and i have never had any problems with new updates.
If the detection simply worked on a mod being installed or not, i would have problems each update...

And i know it's possible to fix these corrupted saves, perhaps in most games it will work like you said, last choice in branch.
But the way BaDik has been put together it's not as simple, there is no start to end branch for each path...
Staying with Bella, Sage or Derek for instance, each has it's own content and it's possible to follow the path's of the LI's on all.

Now as for the rollback? That simply will not work if at a certain point there will be 2 or 3 checks done to decide the outcome of a scene. And DPC makes use of plenty variables....

Take the scene at the Burke's : fucked Jade or not, relation with Sage/ Maya&Josy or not, Dickpick Tybalt or not, knocked teeth or not.... DPC goes as far as giving Jade 3 different expressions just for these checks alone...
And several of these checks simply can't be true at the same time.... poof there's your detection.... you won a loop! ;)

The problem isn't playing now with updated mods so yeah, now you can change everything you want, do all in one run...
The problem is once ep 10 drops people using those saves will be littering the pages in this thread with the question why is my game looping?

Reactions: RNasc4444

The Dick

Oct 22, 2022
I don't mind the mini-games and the earlier ones were great, but this one was Top Teletubby Level of Mental Retardation:

screenshot0002.png

Though Mr. DPC says he does everything by himself, I bet this one was developed by his nephew... Like, "hey, kid! Wanna see some pussies, tits, and asses? Create a mini-game for me and I'll show you."

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes