vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
the first impression is that, and I absolutely believe that Maya and Jill are the 'chosen ones'.
I don't believe there are any "chosen ones"... There's a group of girls around the MC that each has a significant role in his story and they are more and more becoming a tight group of friends.... Some of these storylines are more defined or prominent but each of them will matter in the end. The only one that sometimes feels unimportant is Josy, but she is effectively joined to the hip with Maya... More reason to assume Josy will get her redemption being instrumental in solving Maya's problems with her father, the restaurant and the burke tuition scheme, maybe at the cost of their relation or maybe to save it...

Sage is really in the center of all problems but will not likely be instrumental to the solution, too many loyalty conflicts.
Jill can go either way but her personal growth could be the factor that decides if she's just tagging along for the ride or have a leading role at one point...
Maya... sigh... she has the whole conflict with daddy cosigned student loan escape plan that keeps leading her into possible prostitution schemes.... She's cursed in the story as the designated victim... The friends will save her, but how will it play out?

Then Zoey..... She goes from a backflash to an interlude main character to a threat to any possible existing relationship MC might be in.... Talk about zero to topspeed in .5 seconds... Cheat counter already started so how strong is that "chosen" tag?

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Sage has actually already addressed it in EP9, which may happen. The MC might have the opportunity to make more than enough money from his parties. How? He just needs to let in the preps who already call the MC da buddy.

Let the MC now times organize an art exhibition, where Jacob and Zoey can exhibit their paintings and the Preps students invite to it also still their parents. A super cook have the DIKs, which provides for the physical well-being of the guests. The whole thing will be accompanied by good live music, of course by Jill and the MC. The service will be great, of course, because the HOTs will be dressed up in cute maid costumes.

Money will be made.
Yeah exactly. Like the two guys said at the dorm party. They still college students and wanna have some fun. Like inviting them is a smart move because rich guys love to party hard.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't believe there are any "chosen ones"... There's a group of girls around the MC that each has a significant role in his story and they are more and more becoming a tight group of friends.... Some of these storylines are more defined or prominent but each of them will matter in the end. The only one that sometimes feels unimportant is Josy, but she is effectively joined to the hip with Maya... More reason to assume Josy will get her redemption being instrumental in solving Maya's problems with her father, the restaurant and the burke tuition scheme, maybe at the cost of their relation or maybe to save it...

Sage is really in the center of all problems but will not likely be instrumental to the solution, too many loyalty conflicts.
Jill can go either way but her personal growth could be the factor that decides if she's just tagging along for the ride or have a leading role at one point...
Maya... sigh... she has the whole conflict with daddy cosigned student loan escape plan that keeps leading her into possible prostitution schemes.... She's cursed in the story as the designated victim... The friends will save her, but how will it play out?

Then Zoey..... She goes from a backflash to an interlude main character to a threat to any possible existing relationship MC might be in.... Talk about zero to topspeed in .5 seconds... Cheat counter already started so how strong is that "chosen" tag?
for me they are two separate 'charts': on the one hand how important the character is to the overall story, and in this Maya and Sage are clearly first, Jill and Bella are basically a separate story with few points of contact with the rest of the story.

on another side how much the story pushes you towards a character, and in my opinion here it's Maya and Jill, their stories are the ones with the most automatic side effects, if you're with M+J you automatically dodge Jade, Cathy and Quinn, if you're with Jill: Quinn is pushed away at the last turn and it also works as a generic disincentive towards the Others. these are the two Paths that cost you the most in terms of opportunities.

Reactions: vogelbeest

Kamuisaki

May 26, 2020
Isn't Josy storyline to see if she will follow in her father's footstep ?
I mean, she go to the same college, choose the same study path, she is debating (from the start and now only in non Josy/Maya route) if she should cheat and find someone else or keep her relationship that didn't make her happy at the start of the story. Does the question that Josy ask at the dinner, if the MC is ok with cheating to be happy or not, create a variable or not ?

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
I don't think Zoey is going to get in the way of the MC's relationship with any of the main girls. If you stop to think about it, they all already have someone to get in the way of their relationship with the MC.

Josy: In a solo route, Maya and Tommy should cause problems.

Maya: In a solo route, Josy and Patrick should be the one causing the problems.

Sage: Possible leaked video of Jade, Chad & Troy if you don't tell her the truth, Tybalt and her relatives?

Jill: Bianca, the Royce family itself, Tybalt must try to disrupt their relationship. I don't think Rusty is against it.

Isabella: Jill if she's in love with the MC, Jill if she's not in love with the MC but wants to get in the way out of jealousy? (hard to believe, but...), possible return of James, James himself, the weird Stephen Burke with a bruised ego because a student won Bella's heart.

There's no room for Zoey to get in the way of the MC, at least not when it comes to her love life. She might get in the way otherwise, maybe she's linked to Vinny?

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Was Quinn just an asshole? Seriously, I already tried to like her, but this beginning between the two kills the dynamic of a friendly relationship.
Quinn has become a bit "grey" over the episodes, at least if you play the others path, but she very much is an asshole on all the other paths. She is dealing with drugs, pimping out her "friends", exploiting people, make people suffer etc. for her own benefit or even only for her entertainment.

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Sage: Possible leaked video of Jade, Chad & Troy if you don't tell her the truth, Tybalt and her relatives?
Also, Quinn if you choose Sage over her, and using the restaurant. Including, Jade might tell Sage out of Guilt(If they hooked up) and also the DIKs know as well. I can Nick or John Boy letting it slip out.

• Wow
Reactions: saynotoNTR

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
There's no room for Zoey to get in the way of the MC, at least not when it comes to her love life. She might get in the way otherwise, maybe she's linked to Vinny?
Zoey potentially gets in the way by being the ex-gf the MC didn't quite get over. It doesn't matter that there's other people who can also get in the way of romance with main LIs, it doesn't exclude Zoey as sort of universal threat to them all.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
I don't think Zoey is going to get in the way of the MC's relationship with any of the main girls. If you stop to think about it, they all already have someone to get in the way of their relationship with the MC.

Josy: In a solo route, Maya and Tommy should cause problems.

Maya: In a solo route, Josy and Patrick should be the one causing the problems.

Jill: Bianca, the Royce family itself, Tybalt must try to disrupt their relationship. I don't think Rusty is against it.

Isabella: Jill if she's in love with the MC, Jill if she's not in love with the MC but wants to get in the way out of jealousy? (hard to believe, but...), possible return of James, James himself, the weird Stephen Burke with a bruised ego because a student won Bella's heart.

I don't see Zoey causing trouble, just the reintroduction leads to the player/MC can rekindle the old flame and drop the new for the old. But also, if doing the others route, Zoey is a drama free route. So I don't see her as a "home wrecker" type, more of a MC's "I still love her scenario".

Last edited:

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
I don't see Zoey causing trouble, just the reintroduction leads to the player/MC can rekindle the old flame on drop the new for the old. But also, if doing the others route, Zoey is a drama free route. So I don't see her as a "home wrecker" type, more of a MC's "I still live her scenario".
Me neither, dude.

Zoey potentially gets in the way by being the ex-gf the MC didn't quite get over. It doesn't matter that there's other people who can also get in the way of romance with main LIs, it doesn't exclude Zoey as sort of universal threat to them all.
But then Zoey would be just a small threat, right? In that case, I agree. But to say that she will be the main catalyst for all the drama in the MC's love life I think that's just too much.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
If you let them in, a pair of DIKS show some concern, but they respect your decision. Whether doing so will affect our relationship with the preps for good in the future is not clear at the moment, but at least it seems unlikely that it will worsen it.
This might be where the DIK RPs come into effect, if not high enough it affects their happiness? Also, letting them in might get a reaction from Tommy when or if he finds out, so there might be an interaction between them.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jumbi

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
I don't see Zoey causing trouble, just the reintroduction leads to the player/MC can rekindle the old flame on drop the new for the old. But also, if doing the others route, Zoey us a drama free route. So I don't see her as a "home wrecker" type, more of a MC's "I still live her scenario".
Yeah, I can see Zoey as Second Option for each route if shit hits the fan which it will. I have feeling there will be break between him & each girl in ep.11 or 12.

Like "TheGloriousLIME said each girl have problems that could have MC split with any of them. Zoey depending on forgiving her or not will try to fix their relationship. I feel like if he is a relationship she will most likely confess on how she feel about him and tell him a part of her hopes it won't last so she can get her chance.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
for me they are two separate 'charts': on the one hand how important the character is to the overall story,
But that's based on the events now, there's several minor events that need a conclusion somewhere in the future.
Zoey's jump from a side character in a backflash to her current role makes clear the roles of the several girls are not played out yet, there's too many things left still... We really don't know how important the characters will be in the future.

Vinnie is another one, he was talked about, but never really seen... Even now his importance to the story is far greater then the few moments we actually see him...

Jill and Bianca will probably be very important for the Lynette story arch and most likely the Lana memorial concert will include MC on guitar too. Another possible moment where MC meets the friends of his mother, perhaps even his relatives...
Possibly MC gets an inheritance and meets his blood relatives, getting the 5000 dollar, a dress and a diary is an indication...

Bella's situation with James (and her getting visions of him) needs resolved at some point...

One thing we can conclude from playing Acting Lessons is, DPC is very good in giving important roles in the story to characters we hardly see in the game.... Be prepared for some twists still to come in next episodes...

Reactions: Lurcher1

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
But then Zoey would be just a small threat, right? In that case, I agree.
Well, i'd say she is one of them and it is up to the player to decide how big of a threat she makes, based on how they'll choose to play their MC. I agree DPC likely doesn't plan her to go all ham on trying to destroy existing relationships herself, not intentionally at least.

• Thinking Face

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Zoey will only be a threat if the MC (i.e. the player) allows it. The MC just has to be able to deal with Zoey eventually having a boyfriend and/or his LI becoming friends with Zoey. The MC was already embarrassed by this when he didn't have a LI and Josy became friends with Jill.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Zoey will only be a threat if the MC (i.e. the player) allows it. The MC just has to be able to deal with Zoey eventually having a boyfriend and/or his LI becoming friends with Zoey. The MC was already embarrassed by this when he didn't have a LI and Josy became friends with Jill.
Ironically, the way for DPC to make her the biggest threat would be to just have her hang around, be friendly and not try anything with the MC -- simply because most of the players won't be able to stand having a tasty piece of hot ass that dares to just ignore their protagonist charm dangled in front of them /s

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Well, i'd say she is one of them and it is up to the player to decide how big of a threat she makes, based on how they'll choose to play their MC. I agree DPC likely doesn't plan her to go all ham on trying to destroy existing relationships herself, not intentionally at least.
Yeah, I can see Zoey as Second Option for each route if shit hits the fan which it will. I have feeling there will be break between him & each girl in ep.11 or 12.
Zoey is to the main girls what Vinny is to the MC. Zoey is the “founder”, the OG love interest. I think her return has only three reasons:

• She is a choice if the player wants the MC to get back together with his former best friend and first girlfriend.

• She will be used as a taunt if the player has chosen a love interest other than Zoey. She would only be in the game to generate jealousy and feelings of inferiority in other girls.

• And as our friends mentioned, she can be a huge threat ONLY if the player chooses to.

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes