drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
sucks I'll never get to play episode 9 since it crashes at the start when Jacob talks about the mansion. and to those who ask, the file I chose to import didn't have the mod on it so it's not that. guess my playthrough ends at ep. 8

Vindaria

Jul 3, 2021
Guys, please explain in what order to start playing?
Do you need to install any patches, or something else?

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
sucks I'll never get to play episode 9 since it crashes at the start when Jacob talks about the mansion. and to those who ask, the file I chose to import didn't have the mod on it so it's not that. guess my playthrough ends at ep. 8
Delete persistent file here: C:\Users\*your profile name*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494
and in your game installation dir (like C:\BADIKS3\game\saves)
then restart the game
if you have troubles finding and accessing your profile local storage, then press Winkey + R, popup window "run" box will appear, type there %appdata% and press enter, then navigate to RenPy, etc.

Reactions: loplop and Jumbi

always86

Mar 19, 2020
See ? It's already starting !!! A middle estimate of 2 estimates is arbitrarily taken, completely ignoring patreon fees, payment proccessing fees, currency conversion fees, paypal fees and boom DPC is a millionaire who took home at LEAST 2 million, "possibly more" ...
Firstly I’m not complaining about how much he makes. I enjoy the game a lot and more often than not have a low tier subscription to his Patreon.

Secondly, let’s say say $29k+$88k=$117k/2=$58500 as an average.

Let’s say 15% for all the fees you mentioned (had a look, that seems fair to me)

$58500*0.15=$8775

$58500-$8775=$49725

$49725*24(months)=$1,193,400

So my estimate was out by about $6,600 and still over a million just in the last 2 years. Not counting steam and not counting GoG and not counting Acting Lessons or the first 3 years of his Patreon. Yes, I think it is both fair and safe to say he’s made at least 2 million and possibly more.

Reactions: QuixoteTheDon

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Firstly I’m not complaining about how much he makes. I enjoy the game a lot and more often than not have a low tier subscription to his Patreon.

Secondly, let’s say say $29k+$88k=$117k/2=$58500 as an average.

Let’s say 15% for all the fees you mentioned (had a look, that seems fair to me)

$58500*0.15=$8775

$58500-$8775=$49725

$49725*24(months)=$1,193,400

So my estimate was out by about $6,600 and still over a million just in the last 2 years. Not counting steam and not counting GoG and not counting Acting Lessons or the first 3 years of his Patreon. Yes, I think it is both fair and safe to say he’s made at least 2 million and possibly more.
Your math is sound, except for the starting point at least when it comes to finances. When you are given 2 estimates that create a low end and high end limit, and they happen to be 300% !!!! apart than they aren't estimates that can be used in any credible way and you default to the lowest amount that you know is for certain.

An example as to why: A developer has 1000 supporters and offers 1$/5$10$ tiers, the statistical tool calculates the probabilites how many of those 1000 are using the 1$/5$/10$ option and generates high/low estimates. The next day he adds a 50$ and a 100$ option, his income doesn't change by a cent, but the high estimate will completely ballon out of control as it shifts supporters from lower tier to higher tier options and by taking low+high/2 the resulting simple average will have so much uncertainty that it no longer has any merit.

I know you weren't complaining and I have no idea how much he has really made either, guessing at a gross income, without enough data is incredible difficult and that doesn't even adress that people usually ignore fee's or costs.

He most certainly made a huge pile of money, but no, it's neither fair nor safe that he made at least 2 Million. Fair and most of all safe would be :"Not accounting for his costs and given an average patreon count of x, he made at least x times lowest tier times 24 in the last 2 years."

• Angry
Reactions: StultusAnglicus

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I doubt he is in the millions. But he certainly is making enough to live a comfortable life and do this as a profession. I envy that. Good on him!

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I doubt he is in the millions. But he certainly is making enough to live a comfortable life and do this as a profession. I envy that. Good on him!
He very well could be in the millions, strictly from a gross income without accounting for costs point of view, but it's really really difficult to guess without more accurate data being made public.

It's the same with those "whats person xyz's net worth" websites, like how many times have they been wrong by +/- 500% ? It's why you always calculate the minimum first and then take an educated guess.

And honestly, without knowing the costs any gross income number is just a number anyway.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021

*Spoilers within the below statements*

Fine. It doesn't need to be a Harem at the end of the game, but it definitely shouldn't have been an "all of a sudden" bail on all your relationships moment. I believe the naysayers to my comments are focusing too much on the 'harem' statement. Although, honestly, most girls knew he was dating others and were accepting it, so I don't see why a harem or mini-harem couldn't have been an option. I am mostly annoyed by the sudden forced 'choice'. Despite 'warnings' that this was coming, it still came up out of no where. It didn't feel deserved. It still wasn't built up to the point of that sudden choice. Maybe Jill was. That was basically it. They could have made the choice been like.. "Do I want Jill? Or to still date anyone else?" Dude is a freshman in college and basically the lead of his Frat at this point, easily dangling multiple relationships with no consequences. For him to just put an end to that makes no sense at that point in the story. (except maybe Jill). I think all girls, outside of Jill, would have still been good with letting this Freshman sew his wild oats. Hell, maybe there could have been storyline options for him to run polygamous relationship ideas to multiple girls.. and that suggestion could have had consequences. But no... the MC, who is the player and has had all of his options chosen by the player... suddenly makes a decision (to stop playing the field) that the player has no choice over. Felt wrong.

And as stated before... to view all scenes, this made the storyline skip into many different save files. And then the next episode was a point and click episode, instead of just a read-through with choices... which made playing the episode over and over and over again for each save file, not the most pleasant experience.

Also, just to get it out there... Before this move, the story also fell flat at the end of Episode 2 (i believe?), at least in my eyes... when the MC found out Maya and Josie were dating each other before... The MC's reaction was completely the opposite of any normal, rational male's reaction. He knew he was causing each one of them to cheat on their former relationship, with him.. then he finds out that they weren't dating other guys, but were dating each other... girls.. and the girls he was falling for... I.. I can't imagine a more perfect scenerio for this MC... but instead he freaks out like a child.. But at least, he got to go stay with Bella (if you chose properly).. that was fun.
I agree with the MCs reaction to M&J being ridiculous and hypocritical. The whole time I'm thinking, defuq is wrong with is guy? You really gonna act like that when you've been messing with both of em?
And as for Tremolo dating multiple girls, that I can somewhat justify. I don't know about you but for me generally dating and being in a relationship are two different things. Dating is the stage before you commit to a relationship. That's what the MC was doing. He was dating multiple girls to see which one he'd want to commit to and they could've done the same if they wanted to. They could've dated multiple guys or girls to see which one they wanted to commit to and Tromolo couldn't be mad about it cause they're just dating and not in a committed relationship with him.
It does suck tho cause you spend a few episodes with the girls and then just suddenly drop them,but they knew that was going to happen eventually. I particularly feel sorry for Jill if u don't choose her cause she believed Tremolo was her destiny. But she knew that there was a possibility that he'd choose someone else and so did they all.
Still, I wish DPC handled that better and not make Tremolo seem like such an asshole. Especially the whole thing with Jill walking in on Bella and him

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
He very well could be in the millions, strictly from a gross income without accounting for costs point of view, but it's really really difficult to guess without more accurate data being made public.

It's the same with those "whats person xyz's net worth" websites, like how many times have they been wrong by +/- 500% ? It's why you always calculate the minimum first and then take an educated guess.

And honestly, without knowing the costs any gross income number is just a number anyway.
Indeed, but what we do know for a fact is he has 5 Very high end PCS all with 4090s. So he definitely has money to burn regardless aha.

JohnPonn

Nov 15, 2017
Every time i hear DPC has state of the art equipment i ask myself.. Do you really know the difference between a Game Play graphic card and a hardware rendering graphic card?
For example.. Ask Disneys Pixar how many 4090's GeForce cards they used while rendering any of there New Animated Movies..
The Answer is Zero. Non.
I have 2 years of film school and rendering digital Video was a big part of the final product. We used Graphic cards built for Video rendering. They are far more expensive because they have built in hardware. If the Game Play card costs about 900$, The Pro video render card might cost you 9000$. I am not gonna List brands or actual cards here.. Anyone who wants to know can Google. But in my experience the cheaper card took many hours to do what the Pro card did in Minutes.
You all claim DPC is a Millionaire.. So may be he should invest in some real hardware and even consider pay for some extra Help. Could speed up release from 1 year to 4-5 months :p

Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
Every time i hear DPC has state of the art equipment i ask myself.. Do you really know the difference between a Game Play graphic card and a hardware rendering graphic card?
For example.. Ask Disneys Pixar how many 4090's GeForce cards they used while rendering any of there New Animated Movies..
The Answer is Zero. Non.
I have 2 years of film school and rendering digital Video was a big part of the final product. We used Graphic cards built for Video rendering. They are far more expensive because they have built in hardware. If the Game Play card costs about 900$, The Pro video render card might cost you 9000$. I am not gonna List brands or actual cards here.. Anyone who wants to know can Google. But in my experience the cheaper card took many hours to do what the Pro card did in Minutes.
You all claim DPC is a Millionaire.. So may be he should invest in some real hardware and even consider pay for some extra Help. Could speed up release from 1 year to 4-5 months :p
Well, maybe he also want to use the graphic card to play some games? I mean, in my way of work, i've been offered a Quadro by my office, but i rejected it and get an GeForce instead. Why? Because, aside of working, i also want to blow up steam and play some games. And like you said, it was cheaper.

Reactions: sava75

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Yeah, I think those "net worth" websites are total BS. A close friend of mine is out in Los Angeles and has been trying to become a professional actor for close to 30 years. He's had bit parts in a few shitty movies and self-funded a few series on YouTube. He works in tech and earns decent money, but spends it all self-funding his projects. He's generally broke and has even had to borrow money from his dad and brother. But a couple years ago he popped up on one of these sites with a net worth of several million dollars. He doesn't even own a home! Gave us all a good laugh.

Reactions: sava75 and TimHawk

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
The Answer is Zero. Non.
The MSRP of an RTX 4090 is $1599. The times when the most expensive gaming graphics card cost under $1000 are long over.

BaDIK is the work of one man only. If I were in his shoes, I would only consider spending 9000 bucks per card if two conditions were met.

One, I was making enough money to be able to wipe my ass with the bills and not feel bad about it.
Two, the rendering performance of these professional cards was at least five times better than that of an RTX 4090.

Last edited:

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Your math is sound, except for the starting point at least when it comes to finances. When you are given 2 estimates that create a low end and high end limit, and they happen to be 300% !!!! apart than they aren't estimates that can be used in any credible way and you default to the lowest amount that you know is for certain.

An example as to why: A developer has 1000 supporters and offers 1$/5$10$ tiers, the statistical tool calculates the probabilites how many of those 1000 are using the 1$/5$/10$ option and generates high/low estimates. The next day he adds a 50$ and a 100$ option, his income doesn't change by a cent, but the high estimate will completely ballon out of control as it shifts supporters from lower tier to higher tier options and by taking low+high/2 the resulting simple average will have so much uncertainty that it no longer has any merit.

I know you weren't complaining and I have no idea how much he has really made either, guessing at a gross income, without enough data is incredible difficult and that doesn't even adress that people usually ignore fee's or costs.

He most certainly made a huge pile of money, but no, it's neither fair nor safe that he made at least 2 Million. Fair and most of all safe would be :"Not accounting for his costs and given an average patreon count of x, he made at least x times lowest tier times 24 in the last 2 years."
Given that neither of us are his accountant, or indeed the good Doctor himself, we’ll never actually known.

That said I think it’s irrational to argue that his average contribution would be the same as his minimum sub similar to me arguing we use the largest sub. $58,500 is less than $5 a sub a month. That figure falls between his bottom two tiers. It’s not a ridiculous assumption especially since most of his reward tiers start above that.

And besides all that, even if his Patreon has somehow only netted him an average of $1 per sub, which is 100% not the case, he’d have made $300k in 2 years, plus the income from other 3 years, and that‘s not accounting for release months where people put their subs up to get the new release sooner. I for example have a $1 sub, and do a $25 sub in a release month. That meant I gave him $60 last year. That’s $5 a month.

Not to mention the $2.9m estimate on steam for BADIK and another $0.79m for Acting Lessons. And the GoG income.

Honestly I think $2m is almost certainly lowballing it. And again, I’m not begrudging him the income, he makes a game a lot of people love he deserves to make whatever money he can.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Given that neither of us are his accountant, or indeed the good Doctor himself, we’ll never actually known.

That said I think it’s irrational to argue that his average contribution would be the same as his minimum sub similar to me arguing we use the largest sub. $58,500 is less than $5 a sub a month. That figure falls between his bottom two tiers. It’s not a ridiculous assumption especially since most of his reward tiers start above that.

And besides all that, even if his Patreon has somehow only netted him an average of $1 per sub, which is 100% not the case, he’d have made $300k in 2 years, plus the income from other 3 years, and that‘s not accounting for release months where people put their subs up to get the new release sooner. I for example have a $1 sub, and do a $25 sub in a release month. That meant I gave him $60 last year. That’s $5 a month.

Not to mention the $2.9m estimate on steam for BADIK and another $0.79m for Acting Lessons. And the GoG income.

Honestly I think $2m is almost certainly lowballing it. And again, I’m not begrudging him the income, he makes a game a lot of people love he deserves to make whatever money he can.
Now that whole statement I can totally get behind, and that was actually my whole point. It's guaranteed that he made at least 300k over 2 years and a near certainty that he made more and probably WAY more.

You probably heard the phrase "don't trust any statistics you didn't fake yourself" and from my experience it's even more accurate when it involves money. We dont have first or second hand knowledge, since neither DPC, Steam or Patreon go on record. Then they bypass their own claim of legitimacy by calling it estimates and everyone jumps on like a dog on a bone.

And without knowing costs, I wouldn't even try to estimate what he made, but I agree that for the industry the more DPC made the better, since it encourages industry growth and brings other talented people into the fold, trying their own luck.

DaimonFey

Oct 28, 2021
Those estimates are impressive and all but you need to remember that both GOG/Steam take fees(30%).
Without a doubt DPC earns a lot of money but probably less than most people imagine.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes