Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
When is the next update coming?
We don't know. But if you just take your time to read couple pages back, i think you could found someone post calculation and estimation for the next update. IF you just take your time to READ. Just in case you didn't notice my sarcasm.

Reactions: Bobhanw

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Every time i hear DPC has state of the art equipment i ask myself.. Do you really know the difference between a Game Play graphic card and a hardware rendering graphic card?
For example.. Ask Disneys Pixar how many 4090's GeForce cards they used while rendering any of there New Animated Movies..
The Answer is Zero. Non.
I have 2 years of film school and rendering digital Video was a big part of the final product. We used Graphic cards built for Video rendering. They are far more expensive because they have built in hardware. If the Game Play card costs about 900$, The Pro video render card might cost you 9000$. I am not gonna List brands or actual cards here.. Anyone who wants to know can Google. But in my experience the cheaper card took many hours to do what the Pro card did in Minutes.
You all claim DPC is a Millionaire.. So may be he should invest in some real hardware and even consider pay for some extra Help. Could speed up release from 1 year to 4-5 months :p
There has been some discussion over whether or not an A6000 type card would be a good option for DPC, but the main benefit he would see on one of those cards over the $1,500-$2,000 RTX4090's he just more memory. They are using the same chips, built on the same dies, and while the A6000 uses better performing chips, not by much. So, really, all the A6000 does is give him the ability to do more complicated scene, and that just means he would spend more time using up that memory.

The RTX4090 really does blur the lines with the big commercial cards. And, at least in some testing of the kind of software DPC is using, the RTX4090 beats out the A6000 ADA, which isn't too surprising as the A6000 is really geared more towards AI work than rendering. And given he uses DAZ for at least some of his rendering work, which is a Nvidia product, he is forced to use an Nvidia graphics card.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
It doesn't make sense, because besides rendering, there is still manual work - he needs to deal with posing and preparing the scene. It takes time. A lot of time. If you've read his reports, you might have noticed, "I posed for 200 static renders this week." By the way, the record was about 250. But there are also difficult scenes when he manages to prepare a little more than 100 a week. New hardware, these RTX 4090s will reduce the render queue and we won't have to wait long for the manual work to be completed.
But these incredibly fast and expensive video cards are pointless - they will quickly process renders and will be idle for half the production cycle of a new episode. Thus, their purchase does not justify itself.
And don't compare Disney Pixar, the multi-billion dollar corporation that makes the most complex animated CGI, with indie developer who works alone.
It's not even that any more. The A6000 ADA isn't significantly faster than an RTX 4090. It is more efficient, they can be linked together, and they have more memory, but it is the same technology at the core, and for what DPC is doing, it just isn't going to speed things up. That's the thing, the state of the art in computer technology really is being put into the highest end consumer graphics cards.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
And don't compare Disney Pixar, the multi-billion dollar corporation that makes the most complex animated CGI, with indie developer who works alone.
Oh, and while it is true they use a lot of commercial cards for post production work, Stagecraft (i.e., The Volume they use for shows like the Mandalorian and such) is 100% built around a massive number of consumer gaming cards.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Sorry if this have been posted before, but when I transfer my saved filed from Season 2 (0.8.0) to Season 3 (0.9.1), I play the game as Zoey not MC. Strange...
Not strange at all if you actually pay attention. Riding the Waves is an episode, essentially, about zoey. It returns t the MC after that.

Reactions: Mad_Man

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Sorry if this have been posted before, but when I transfer my saved filed from Season 2 (0.8.0) to Season 3 (0.9.1), I play the game as Zoey not MC. Strange...
The Zoey content is a little side story before chapter 9 starts. It basically dictates what kind of character she is when Fuckface meets her again.

Reactions: Mad_Man

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
It's not even that any more. The A6000 ADA isn't significantly faster than an RTX 4090. It is more efficient, they can be linked together, and they have more memory, but it is the same technology at the core, and for what DPC is doing, it just isn't going to speed things up. That's the thing, the state of the art in computer technology really is being put into the highest end consumer graphics cards.
Our two points of view agree that the use of professional graphics cards for DPC is pointless.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Delete persistent file here: C:\Users\*your profile name*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494
and in your game installation dir (like C:\BADIKS3\game\saves)
then restart the game
if you have troubles finding and accessing your profile local storage, then press Winkey + R, popup window "run" box will appear, type there %appdata% and press enter, then navigate to RenPy, etc.
did all of that and game still closes when Jacob talks about the mansion. I honestly don't know what to do

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes