Feb 29, 2020
Ok, so just to pass the time I decided to replay Acting Lessons and look at what the fuck I found...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Caught me way off-guard and I don't know if people here already knew it but I just had to share it.
Interesting, I didn't get to play Acting Lessons, but I saw some gameplay videos and there were two girls with cheerleader clothes and on those clothes the acronym HOT was written, clothes similar to the ones we see in Being a DIK.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Interesting, I didn't get to play Acting Lessons, but I saw some gameplay videos and there were two girls with cheerleader clothes and on those clothes the acronym HOT was written, clothes similar to the ones we see in Being a DIK.
Yeah, originally DPC wanted both games to occur in the same "universe," though later backed off that some. The MC and friend Liam in Acting Lessons are DIKs, but in BaDIK the frat is relatively new, with Rusty having just started it a few years earlier. So if the two games were linked, Acting Lessons would have to take place after the events of Being a DIK, I believe.

squares

Mar 27, 2019
Would you mind providing links to the other AVNs though?
Ugh.. I honestly don't remember which one it was, but here is the list of what I've read in the past weeks, maybe someone will remember:

Depraved Awakening
Melody
Artemis
Hillside (latest)
Chasing Sunsets (latest)
Karlssons Gambit (latest)

Reactions: I'm Canadian bub

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Yeah, originally DPC wanted both games to occur in the same "universe," though later backed off that some. The MC and friend Liam in Acting Lessons are DIKs, but in BaDIK the frat is relatively new, with Rusty having just started it a few years earlier. So if the two games were linked, Acting Lessons would have to take place after the events of Being a DIK, I believe.
Not necessarily.

Just because Rusty started the DIKs at B&R doesn't mean there wasn't another DIK fraternity at another college before that. What if there was?

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I'm going to start insulting everyone that continues to ask this stupid-ass question. Either you're a bot or someone who has managed to go their whole life without using their brain so it doesn't matter what I say; calling you a brainless crackpot is underselling it.
I mean not everyone follows this game's progress or thread religiously mate. Some of us just play the game and that's it. No need to trip just because someone asked a question. A valid one at that for people who like I said, don't follow the progress or the thread whatsoever.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
did all of that and game still closes when Jacob talks about the mansion. I honestly don't know what to do
Then it means that you hadn't done it properly (you need to delete this file both in appdata and the game saves folders). The good indicator that you properly deleted persistent file is all game settings resets to default, all gallery and scenes becomes 0/0 and locked. All looks like you running the game for a first time. OR your saves from Season 2 which you prepared and then importing in S3 had a cheat "flags" which result in this game crash. If this saves is not yours (you are playing someones else saves) then try to make your own clean runs or use "clean" saves. When you import "bad" save, then this "flag" also injects into persistent file and you have to delete it again to get rid of this check. Even if you haven't installed cheats for S3, it doesn't protect you from game dev checks in S3, because all that flags and variables for which game periodically checks transferred between seasons. You can try to fix your saves with tools which is listed in this forum thread in downloads section. Or use saves which is listed there. I also have my own 20+ saves collection for different paths and with different states and conditions for every LI and paths (my saves are clean, I don't use cheats during my playthroughs).

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
I have been thinking about this recently i'm glad this topic came up lol. I just assumed it was the "future" they talked about the board and all the things similar to MC had to do in BADIK. HOTs are still around but they lived in a dorm and not a house, so I just fit Acting Lessons after BADIK in my mind. Maybe they lost it due to the Quinn/Sage's Dad "free tuition" shit happening currently in BADIK maybe?

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Not necessarily.

Just because Rusty started the DIKs at B&R doesn't mean there wasn't another DIK fraternity at another college before that. What if there was?

AL never happen in the world of Being A Dik so it isn't possible for Derek to do that unless Aliens from a other universe came to Earth and told him stories. There very well can be other colleges that have DIKS but not from AL ,besides can Derek read? :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes