LordHornism

Jun 2, 2017
I think for next episode I'm gonna change to playing through the Others route first instead of a main girl, better for the flow to get the scenes when I first get to them instead of Ctrl skipping through on my second playthrough after I have done the Sage route first.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
If the MC goes wild, then once Maya's issue is resolved, Josy and Maya will get back together and the MC will end up without Josy and/or Maya.
Having a Dik status doesn't mean MC is going wild (depending what you mean by wild) and there are dik choices Josy likes and is more willing to do naughty things that can only be a good thing. Personalty I believe once Josy and Maya break up there no going back but of course I could be wrong

Reactions: dalli_x

der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020

1692360452845.png
I continued working like I did the week before, by playing through different branches and polishing scenes. So far, I've played the first ~75% of Sage, Josy & Maya, some of the Others variations, and Jill branches.

When I play this way, I ensure that the story flow is good regardless of the branch. And I'm starting to feel that it's coming together.

I've fixed many small to big parts along the way. For instance, last week, I mentioned how I worked on the non-minigame route, and this week, I did the final tasks related to it by completing the final versions of both beer pong and new brawler.

Polishing can also be something small, like re-rendering an image that didn't come out great or re-writing a section because the dialogue wasn't what I wanted. And sometimes, it's something bigger, like moving an entire scene to a different part of the episode and ensuring it doesn't break continuity. Or it's something else, like writing code or adding new animations, renders, sound effects and songs.

I returned to work on the biggest free-roam event again, as it wasn't in a playable state how I left it. It was in a state where 90% of its events were completed, but as a player, you couldn't click arrows, or buttons, start the scenes, or even continue to play the episode after. I didn't even have a good feel of how it played until now. Putting together the environment and scene code can be tricky, but after episode 9, I got more experienced with it, and planning how to achieve it is always one of the first things I do when I work on a free-roam event.

One of my biggest concerns when developing new episodes with this level of branching is that for every part of the episode you branch, it cuts playtime from the episode. Yet, with episode 10, I don't feel that when I play it. I've felt that everything is rich in content, regardless of branch. And that's a good sign that I'm on the right track.

I'm carefully considering which branches need something more. Even if it's just a small scene, it can make a huge difference and tie the knot on that branch.

Overall, there are some big differences between branches and plenty of canon content with variations to make the episode feel different, depending on your choices. Having choices matter in this way is a truckload of work, and it can be hard to keep track of all variations, but the payoff feels worthwhile, and I'm sure you will feel that too.

I've added more renders and animations to many scenes these last few weeks. The numbers are not comparable to creating a new scene, but they add up and inflate the episode some. I'm somewhere over a total of 4800 renders so far.

Now, I am working on missing art for the remaining scenes and will mostly spend the next week animating and posing static renders. I'm having a lot of fun working on it.

Last weekend, I installed the new PC, which has been rendering since with great results. The transition went smoothly. There are currently 25 animations in the render queue.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

View attachment 2860025
I continued working like I did the week before, by playing through different branches and polishing scenes. So far, I've played the first ~75% of Sage, Josy & Maya, some of the Others variations, and Jill branches.

When I play this way, I ensure that the story flow is good regardless of the branch. And I'm starting to feel that it's coming together.

I've fixed many small to big parts along the way. For instance, last week, I mentioned how I worked on the non-minigame route, and this week, I did the final tasks related to it by completing the final versions of both beer pong and new brawler.

Polishing can also be something small, like re-rendering an image that didn't come out great or re-writing a section because the dialogue wasn't what I wanted. And sometimes, it's something bigger, like moving an entire scene to a different part of the episode and ensuring it doesn't break continuity. Or it's something else, like writing code or adding new animations, renders, sound effects and songs.

I returned to work on the biggest free-roam event again, as it wasn't in a playable state how I left it. It was in a state where 90% of its events were completed, but as a player, you couldn't click arrows, or buttons, start the scenes, or even continue to play the episode after. I didn't even have a good feel of how it played until now. Putting together the environment and scene code can be tricky, but after episode 9, I got more experienced with it, and planning how to achieve it is always one of the first things I do when I work on a free-roam event.

One of my biggest concerns when developing new episodes with this level of branching is that for every part of the episode you branch, it cuts playtime from the episode. Yet, with episode 10, I don't feel that when I play it. I've felt that everything is rich in content, regardless of branch. And that's a good sign that I'm on the right track.

I'm carefully considering which branches need something more. Even if it's just a small scene, it can make a huge difference and tie the knot on that branch.

Overall, there are some big differences between branches and plenty of canon content with variations to make the episode feel different, depending on your choices. Having choices matter in this way is a truckload of work, and it can be hard to keep track of all variations, but the payoff feels worthwhile, and I'm sure you will feel that too.

I've added more renders and animations to many scenes these last few weeks. The numbers are not comparable to creating a new scene, but they add up and inflate the episode some. I'm somewhere over a total of 4800 renders so far.

Now, I am working on missing art for the remaining scenes and will mostly spend the next week animating and posing static renders. I'm having a lot of fun working on it.

Last weekend, I installed the new PC, which has been rendering since with great results. The transition went smoothly. There are currently 25 animations in the render queue.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Well I feel better about this one then last weeks, hopefully the remaining scenes won't take long

phxpoo

Oct 10, 2016

View attachment 2860025

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
We need more mini-games! Make our dreams come true, DPC :giggle: Hopefully whole game becomes a mini-game
Said no one ever

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
One of my biggest concerns when developing new episodes with this level of branching is that for every part of the episode you branch, it cuts playtime from the episode. Yet, with episode 10, I don't feel that when I play it. I've felt that everything is rich in content, regardless of branch.
Haha jeez i wonder where did we heard this before... oh yeah for ep 9 but guess what almost all the episode was made with JOINT CONTENT... sheesh guys get in the hype train made by dpc, again...

Reactions: Siphon

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
It actually sounds like this freeroam will be about the player going from room to room and scavenging. Fucking awesome and interesting DPC! Thank you!!!:mad: Pixel hunting is already one of the most boring things in this game, so you want to dedicate an entire freeroam to pixel hunting. No wonder it took a very long time.:FacePalm:
The 4800 renders shouldn't be misleading. He always puts the most important things at the beginning of the post.
. So far, I've played the first ~75% of Sage, Josy & Maya, some of the Others variations, and Jill branches.
So at least we know this game is 75% complete. Well, either the content of these branches is 75% complete. . I don't know if he changed his mind about the final number of renders, but if we take 5500 renders as some kind of standard, we have 700 more renders to go. Those 700 renders he will be doing during the month of September.

It's a two-way street. On the one hand it is good that he wants to make each branch unique, interesting and full of content, but on the other hand it is not clear how he will do it. It is not known what percentage of branches will be from the overall plot.

Well, and in general, it seems that there is some positive, but still he says that there is a lot left. There are clearly not 200 or 300 renders left, but a number close to 1 thousand. This is probably a fee for branching. I don't know if he wants to go the way of the Japanese novellas, making each branch a completely unique game within a game.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
It actually sounds like this freeroam will be about the player going from room to room and scavenging. Fucking awesome and interesting DPC! Thank you!!!:mad: Pixel hunting is already one of the most boring things in this game, so you want to dedicate an entire freeroam to pixel hunting. No wonder it took a very long time.:FacePalm:

The 4800 renders shouldn't be misleading. He always puts the most important things at the beginning of the post.

So at least we know this game is 75% complete. Well, either the content of these branches is 75% complete. . I don't know if he changed his mind about the final number of renders, but if we take 5500 renders as some kind of standard, we have 700 more renders to go. Those 700 renders he will be doing during the month of September.

It's a two-way street. On the one hand it is good that he wants to make each branch unique, interesting and full of content, but on the other hand it is not clear how he will do it. It is not known what percentage of branches will be from the overall plot.

Well, and in general, it seems that there is some positive, but still he says that there is a lot left. There are clearly not 200 or 300 renders left, but a number close to 1 thousand. This is probably a fee for branching. I don't know if he wants to go the way of the Japanese novellas, making each branch a completely unique game within a game.
He said he play 75% of some of the branches not that 75% is done. We should be under 1000 and somewhere around 11-9 scenes left. Over all this week was pretty good news but wouldn't start getting hopes up until DPC gives a check list of what is left

Reactions: dalli_x

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

View attachment 2860025

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
damn , how can someone write so much without saying anything? :LOL:. I thinks he working in a wrong business, he should be some salesmen or something, or politician:LOL:.

btw this is from a status update 2 week, before he went to his vacation:LOL:
This week I've been working on static renders and writing. I'm currently at 4132 renders, which means we're past the 4000 render mark. Looking at what's left to do, we'll get past 5000 renders.I've been working on shorter and half-finished scenes to get a better understanding of the % flowchart I submitted last week.And as I expected, the percentage is higher than this week, after fixing the scenes I completed, the same calculation brings us to 72% completion.
There are a few big scenes left and a few short ones. But I feel more confident, now we are hovering above 70% of the total development completion.
it was 70% total completion, now, we are 75% of the different branches:cautious::unsure:.
3cd57de3-da70-4023-b829-7a8cf7fc0b97_text.gif
but, hey at least that Render looks good(y):ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
damn , how can someone write so much without saying anything? :LOL:. I thinks he working in a wrong business, he should be some salesmen or something, or politician:LOL:.

btw this is from a status update 2 week, before he went to his vacation:LOL:

it was 70% total completion, now, we are 75% of the different branches:cautious::unsure:.
View attachment 2860748
but, hey at least that Render looks good(y):ROFLMAO:
He is 99% a salesman...

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes