Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

View attachment 2860025
I continued working like I did the week before, by playing through different branches and polishing scenes. So far, I've played the first ~75% of Sage, Josy & Maya, some of the Others variations, and Jill branches.

When I play this way, I ensure that the story flow is good regardless of the branch. And I'm starting to feel that it's coming together.

I've fixed many small to big parts along the way. For instance, last week, I mentioned how I worked on the non-minigame route, and this week, I did the final tasks related to it by completing the final versions of both beer pong and new brawler.

Polishing can also be something small, like re-rendering an image that didn't come out great or re-writing a section because the dialogue wasn't what I wanted. And sometimes, it's something bigger, like moving an entire scene to a different part of the episode and ensuring it doesn't break continuity. Or it's something else, like writing code or adding new animations, renders, sound effects and songs.

I returned to work on the biggest free-roam event again, as it wasn't in a playable state how I left it. It was in a state where 90% of its events were completed, but as a player, you couldn't click arrows, or buttons, start the scenes, or even continue to play the episode after. I didn't even have a good feel of how it played until now. Putting together the environment and scene code can be tricky, but after episode 9, I got more experienced with it, and planning how to achieve it is always one of the first things I do when I work on a free-roam event.

One of my biggest concerns when developing new episodes with this level of branching is that for every part of the episode you branch, it cuts playtime from the episode. Yet, with episode 10, I don't feel that when I play it. I've felt that everything is rich in content, regardless of branch. And that's a good sign that I'm on the right track.

I'm carefully considering which branches need something more. Even if it's just a small scene, it can make a huge difference and tie the knot on that branch.

Overall, there are some big differences between branches and plenty of canon content with variations to make the episode feel different, depending on your choices. Having choices matter in this way is a truckload of work, and it can be hard to keep track of all variations, but the payoff feels worthwhile, and I'm sure you will feel that too.

I've added more renders and animations to many scenes these last few weeks. The numbers are not comparable to creating a new scene, but they add up and inflate the episode some. I'm somewhere over a total of 4800 renders so far.

Now, I am working on missing art for the remaining scenes and will mostly spend the next week animating and posing static renders. I'm having a lot of fun working on it.

Last weekend, I installed the new PC, which has been rendering since with great results. The transition went smoothly. There are currently 25 animations in the render queue.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Feels like the most positive report since march or something like that. It sounds like he is reaching for the finish. The last reports didnt show good progress, but this one is pretty accurate, i hope. If i have to guess, he as maybe 85% done or even more, could be 90% now, which is way more than i expected out of the last reports. If it is indeed between 85%-90% done he could very well release it in september. My "realistic" guess was october the last time... but maybe its a little to pesimistic now? I dont know, but it feels like it could be late september now... i really hope so, 9 months waiting is already a little too long but with this kind of branching and good content it would be bareable with 9 months i guess. (i would be fine with 7-8 months, depending on the content, with this numbers 8 months would be totally fine but 9 is a bit too long)

I think the next report will be kind of "revealing" for an ETA. Of course, DPC will not make an ETA. But when he tells us that the last free roam is done, i think we can expect the release within the next 4 weeks. Doing the last animations and renders is just something that his PC-slaves have to do, and as it seems, they work pretty fast now. The last animations could be done within 4 weeks i guess. And those are the bottleneck so far.

PereFourreAss

Sep 30, 2020
What I'm really looking forward to seeing is who the MC will have to fight, for what reason, and if he can win the fight this time.
Seeing the MC get beaten up by Chad, and getting only a draw against Caleb, even though I won the minigame, disappointed me.

Who is he going to fight, Caleb? Dawe? Tommy? Vinny? Oscar? Or will it just be training?
I predict a QTE to avoid Bella's axe in a route where you cheated on her

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Kpyna and VOYEUR

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
You have to be mighty brave or mighty stupid to cheat on Bella. Quinn might be the rough junky hard knox type. But Bella will atomize you utterly.

Reactions: KrLosZ

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
One of my biggest concerns when developing new episodes with this level of branching is that for every part of the episode you branch, it cuts playtime from the episode. Yet, with episode 10, I don't feel that when I play it. I've felt that everything is rich in content, regardless of branch. And that's a good sign that I'm on the right track.
10zawo.jpg

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
Yeah we never know for sure but the first edition was just clicking arrows really fast and I enjoyed that so I guess the bar is low for me lol
if I remember correctly first version was moving on 2D map in turns xd (I can't find any screenshots of it though)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

I'm carefully considering which branches need something more. Even if it's just a small scene, it can make a huge difference and tie the knot on that branch.
the most interesting part of the update is this.

On the one hand, it admits the difficulty in creating chapters that are satisfying through each run (which I don't know whether this is a response to criticism of the lack of content in the ninth chapter or a more general discourse).

it would also be an important step too bad that he immediately presents the bill, for this will be forced to think about whether to add content on certain runs (mechanism that we have already seen with the last chapter where at the last checks DPC discovered that it was necessary to add a scene to the run of Bella)

so even when it would be 100% it might still take an additional 2%

• Red Heart
Reactions: SomboSteel

LiuXuande

May 5, 2022
funny how waiting for Being a DIK for 9 months is alot yet here i am waiting for ARTEMIS, which is already at the 10 month mark!!!!
All the devs are moving to the rhythm of one update by year. Can't blame them, there is no incentive and I'm sure that in the future, updates will grow to be even longer. But I can blame the pigeons who keep financing those bad habits by paying for renders and no longer regularly update of the game.

If after 6 months with nothing, DPC lost a significative number of them. The episode 10 would already be there, didn't happen, won't happen. Can't blame DPC for always pushing it even further.

legend_shon

Mar 17, 2018
ofc DPC focus on other greater things, but one of the weakness of badik is a absence of post sex/facial - talk/mini scene. like with vanished cum on Envy in ep.8, fast transition in ep.9 with Heather, where it might be some manipulations with napkin. didnt see or remember all scenes but these are examples. (also talking because some games have that.(not a tier 3+ ones)
found some attempt with Lily in ep.7
So let the last ones be Melanie in ep.8, Riona in ep.5
Ofc it wont be implemented for badik for 10-12 ep, but it could be noice

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
Guys I see my position and I have no hope left.

My chances of survival are slim, but I can assure you - I won't go without a fight.

It has been a pleasure talking with you, gentlemen.

Goodbye.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Sad
Reactions: QuixoteTheDon

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Guys I see my position and I have no hope left.

My chances of survival are slim, but I can assure you - I won't go without a fight.

It has been a pleasure talking with you, gentlemen.

Goodbye.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm with you I like the fighting mini game

thebowkid

Mar 12, 2018
I'm curious about a matter regarding the upcoming game update. It seems that the game will introduce greater content restrictions based on the love interest (LI) chosen in episode 8. In this context, I wonder if every LI in the alternative route will receive dedicated scenes as the story progresses. For instance, if I decide to exclusively pursue Nicole during my playthrough, will the experience feel somewhat minimalistic, or will it genuinely delve deeper into her character? Of course, I understand that the focus won't be as intense as when selecting a main LI. Apologies if this question has already been addressed; I haven't been following the game closely since January.

DanKaye519

Jun 22, 2019
GAH!!!! I cannot play ep9. I can't get my saves to import and I can't do any of the install codes because it keeps saying connection error. This is infuriating.

Why is it necessary to have a new launcher for S3? Ep 1 thru 8 on one download seemed fine. How come there has to be a whole new file and new launcher to continue? Why does this have to be so complicated? Can't someone like myself, who's not very tech savvy, just download and play the freakin game?

• Angry
Reactions: Fess1998
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes