chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
Well, that was much better than the last few reports.

Hard numbers and optimism are a great sign that the update will be awesome.

Considering his current PCs these animations shouldnt take much longer.

Indeed, I believe we can all see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No more shitposting, no more randoms asking about the release date and plently of new material to analise and create new theories.
sometimes that light at the end of the tunnel is a fucking train. but im going to stay positive, im with you.....as long as you go first

Last edited:
Reactions: KaiserST

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

View attachment 2860025
I continued working like I did the week before, by playing through different branches and polishing scenes. So far, I've played the first ~75% of Sage, Josy & Maya, some of the Others variations, and Jill branches.

When I play this way, I ensure that the story flow is good regardless of the branch. And I'm starting to feel that it's coming together.

I've fixed many small to big parts along the way. For instance, last week, I mentioned how I worked on the non-minigame route, and this week, I did the final tasks related to it by completing the final versions of both beer pong and new brawler.

Polishing can also be something small, like re-rendering an image that didn't come out great or re-writing a section because the dialogue wasn't what I wanted. And sometimes, it's something bigger, like moving an entire scene to a different part of the episode and ensuring it doesn't break continuity. Or it's something else, like writing code or adding new animations, renders, sound effects and songs.

I returned to work on the biggest free-roam event again, as it wasn't in a playable state how I left it. It was in a state where 90% of its events were completed, but as a player, you couldn't click arrows, or buttons, start the scenes, or even continue to play the episode after. I didn't even have a good feel of how it played until now. Putting together the environment and scene code can be tricky, but after episode 9, I got more experienced with it, and planning how to achieve it is always one of the first things I do when I work on a free-roam event.

One of my biggest concerns when developing new episodes with this level of branching is that for every part of the episode you branch, it cuts playtime from the episode. Yet, with episode 10, I don't feel that when I play it. I've felt that everything is rich in content, regardless of branch. And that's a good sign that I'm on the right track.

I'm carefully considering which branches need something more. Even if it's just a small scene, it can make a huge difference and tie the knot on that branch.

Overall, there are some big differences between branches and plenty of canon content with variations to make the episode feel different, depending on your choices. Having choices matter in this way is a truckload of work, and it can be hard to keep track of all variations, but the payoff feels worthwhile, and I'm sure you will feel that too.

I've added more renders and animations to many scenes these last few weeks. The numbers are not comparable to creating a new scene, but they add up and inflate the episode some. I'm somewhere over a total of 4800 renders so far.

Now, I am working on missing art for the remaining scenes and will mostly spend the next week animating and posing static renders. I'm having a lot of fun working on it.

Last weekend, I installed the new PC, which has been rendering since with great results. The transition went smoothly. There are currently 25 animations in the render queue.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
I doubt optimism. 4800 renders in 8 months is of course great work and performance is higher than Ep.9 (5000 renders/9.5 months), but we don't know exactly how much work is left. Even the end of September now seems too optimistic and almost miraculous, now it seems more real until mid-October, and maybe later.
DPC being DPC, it's impossible not to add even more content. :ROFLMAO:

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
Well, Im not paying anything, so its not like I lose anything by the increasing wait times.

So as long the update keep their quality I'm good.
i saw an opportunity for a joke and took it lol. but i agree with you. as long as patrion remains the double edged sword that it is, theres no point in crying about the wait. just enjoy what we have. and i know that many will hate it, but i cant wait to see what dpc does with beer pong

Reactions: KaiserST

HumperDoo

Apr 18, 2020

View attachment 2860025
I continued working like I did the week before, by playing through different branches and polishing scenes. So far, I've played the first ~75% of Sage, Josy & Maya, some of the Others variations, and Jill branches.

When I play this way, I ensure that the story flow is good regardless of the branch. And I'm starting to feel that it's coming together.

I've fixed many small to big parts along the way. For instance, last week, I mentioned how I worked on the non-minigame route, and this week, I did the final tasks related to it by completing the final versions of both beer pong and new brawler.

Polishing can also be something small, like re-rendering an image that didn't come out great or re-writing a section because the dialogue wasn't what I wanted. And sometimes, it's something bigger, like moving an entire scene to a different part of the episode and ensuring it doesn't break continuity. Or it's something else, like writing code or adding new animations, renders, sound effects and songs.

I returned to work on the biggest free-roam event again, as it wasn't in a playable state how I left it. It was in a state where 90% of its events were completed, but as a player, you couldn't click arrows, or buttons, start the scenes, or even continue to play the episode after. I didn't even have a good feel of how it played until now. Putting together the environment and scene code can be tricky, but after episode 9, I got more experienced with it, and planning how to achieve it is always one of the first things I do when I work on a free-roam event.

One of my biggest concerns when developing new episodes with this level of branching is that for every part of the episode you branch, it cuts playtime from the episode. Yet, with episode 10, I don't feel that when I play it. I've felt that everything is rich in content, regardless of branch. And that's a good sign that I'm on the right track.

I'm carefully considering which branches need something more. Even if it's just a small scene, it can make a huge difference and tie the knot on that branch.

Overall, there are some big differences between branches and plenty of canon content with variations to make the episode feel different, depending on your choices. Having choices matter in this way is a truckload of work, and it can be hard to keep track of all variations, but the payoff feels worthwhile, and I'm sure you will feel that too.

I've added more renders and animations to many scenes these last few weeks. The numbers are not comparable to creating a new scene, but they add up and inflate the episode some. I'm somewhere over a total of 4800 renders so far.

Now, I am working on missing art for the remaining scenes and will mostly spend the next week animating and posing static renders. I'm having a lot of fun working on it.

Last weekend, I installed the new PC, which has been rendering since with great results. The transition went smoothly. There are currently 25 animations in the render queue.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
ahhhh no Nora or Bella cheeks getting beat:cry:

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
nothing. its an extra, people can mostly opt out of it if they find it cringe. i think some just have their expectations set too high. youre not getting mortal kombat in a renpy game.
Yeah but you didn't answer my question, what to you about it was cringe?

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
I may be alone in this sentiment but I just cannot wait for the new remade Brawler, it's gonna be so fun!
What I'm really looking forward to seeing is who the MC will have to fight, for what reason, and if he can win the fight this time.
Seeing the MC get beaten up by Chad, and getting only a draw against Caleb, even though I won the minigame, disappointed me.

Who is he going to fight, Caleb? Dawe? Tommy? Vinny? Oscar? Or will it just be training?

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Well, although DPC does not give any numbers and approximate %, what he says looks promising. The last time he mentioned any numbers - regarding what he thinks he still plans to add, he mentioned ~1000 renderers. After that, within two weeks, he said that he had done about 500 renders (~250 each week), so logically, exactly half of those planned 1000 remained, and since he has not given any numbers for 2 weeks, then maybe even less.

Without mentioning new numbers for renders, remaining scenes and freeroam events, all this is empty guessing. But his attitude and the way he describes the work on the episode inspires optimism, if not in terms of timing, then in terms of the quality of the episode itself, and the most important thing is the consequences of our previous choices and decisions, modified "canonical" events with minor changes depending on the chosen branch and purely unique scenes for each of the branches.

And since new episode is not like EP9 which was a whole free-roam with some flashbacks, it really sounds exciting. It all sounds like it's similar to what most expected and awaited from EP9 before.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes