Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Looking at the settings and their quantity this plugin/addon offer, I suppose you can tune it in the way, that you will not notice any degradation of image quality, since optimization could only touch things, that are not noticeable because of distance or their size, but still need to be calculated by rendering engine. For example objects on the backround or just small things, which takes a couple of pixels size in a final render. W/o optimizations rendering engine will spend a lot of time to calculate lighting/shadowing etc that will never be visible at least in image resolutions we have in BADIK. And even if it's not saving a lot of VMEM, such plugins reduce rendering time by several times. I think it's the only real and working option for animation sequences rendering tasks.

To render 1s animation (30 renders/frames total) if an average rendering speed is 30 minutes per frame you will need 15 hours to complete it. And only 5 hours if there are 10 minutes per frame average.

Depending on options such plugins/addons may reduce rendering time or VMEM usage or both, depending on settings, tuning and goals you targeting.

I mentioned it before, but DPC using webm video format for his animations, and it's not the best codec and format as well. I mean, it's useless to spend a lot of time to render a lot of frames with higher quality only to compress them later to levels, when artifacts of compression takes place. Look at animations which have dark areas or made in environments with dim lights. You will notice a lot of details loss and "J-P-E-G" things.

Finally it's a RenPy limitations too. Shame, but there are no HEVC H.265 or H.264 formats support or other similar ones.

DPC uses VP8 codec and webm format/container, while, I suppose VP9 would produce better quality, since it simply newer. No AV1 and more modern codecs is supported though.

View attachment 2900215

VP8 uses a fixed block size of 16×16 pixels, whereas VP9 supports block sizes ranging from 4×4 to 64×64 pixels. This flexibility allows VP9 to adapt better to different types of video content, resulting in more efficient compression and improved visual quality.

it's a pity that so much of the work done is packed into a crappy old format like VP8 :(
I hope he have all the original frames/scenes, etc on hands, so it's easy to release a "remaster" version later when the game development will be finished.
Okay, my free time for big posts doesn't come easily to me, so a brief description of the optimization utility:

1.PNG 2.PNG

All functionality in the screenshots. You can reduce textures, reduce bump maps, hide unwanted objects. The utility allows you to select the objects on which you want to apply these properties. Really cuts down on memory consumption and saves if a render fails to start due to lack of memory.
What happens in games if we have a weak GPU? Usually they work, but not always and we get FPS drops. It's different here, DAZ refuses to render and gives us an empty PNG at the start. With proper optimization, we manage to "shove" the contents of the scene into our GPU's memory. Also, we must don't forget about RAM, when rendering starts, all content first goes through this, loading RAM more at the start than during the rendering process. When the RAM is full, well, we know what's going on. The same principle, less data - less memory consumption.
Visually, the decrease in texture quality and the decrease in SubDivision level are very noticeable. Once I had to cut the texture detail by x4 to make it work and the picture looked like PS3 gameplay. But even so, audiotrius liked the art, although I wasn't happy with the soapy picture.

I can’t say anything about video codecs, never done video editing, so I will trust your opinion.

Last edited:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Yeah the optimization tool looks handy. Sort of similar to Blender's own. One thing I never under stood is why so many creators of assets use 4k or 8k textures for everything. Really isn't needed and just drains resources. Like eye textures.. do they really need to be in 4k? No, not at all.. Unless you want to do some real up close eye shots.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Personally, I don't see any prospects of success or survival of their relationship. They are extremely toxic.
Honestly I don't know why Heather even puts up with him. She doesn't really seem to have any higher affection for him by any means. They just behave like an old couple that only stays together out of routine and laziness even though they mostly hate each other and would be far better off solo.

Reactions: Kpyna and Chaosguy

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
That's why I can't understand people not playing all paths/branches and doing different choices across their playthroughs. It always brings you something new and helps to understand things better and notice something interesting. Digging such details in game script is boring, as for me. I do it when I want to know particular links or scenes dependencies, or to quote some part of dialogue as above, bc it's much easier than taking & posting screenshots, bc you must have a lot of saves with right conditions for that to work.

Code:
        he "Tommy's been acting weird lately. And he keeps touching his neck when I ask him why."
        mc "So?"
        he "So? That's his fucking tell, dude. He's always lying or uncomfortable when he does that."
        he "I know something's up. Do you know anything about it?"
        mc "(Family comes first...right?)"
Well... it's a very complex topic. This question touches on many topics at once. Male and female equality, in its most sensitive part at first. Like, you know, men can cheat right and left, but women can't. Men who cheat on their wives and girlfriends, at the same time, call all women whores and find justification for their actions in this. Perhaps, this is the most disgusting thing. Much more respect is caused by those who cheat or simply don't commit themselves, but do not justify it by the fact that it is allegedly because women are whores and therefore serves them right. This is a question of morality, upbringing and personal qualities, as well as life experience and a view of life and relationships in general.

Tommy is not an angel. He & Heather agreed to open relationship and pronounced some specific rules. But Tommy, even while being so lucky, can't follow the rules he agreed to.
I don't know what is wrong with this world, and since when telling the truth has become tantamount to betrayal.

Sometimes a lie can be a solution and save something/someone/etc. But in most cases, this is a temporary relief, and the further consequences can be much sadder than they would have been if you or somebody else hadn't lied earlier. This is one of a life lessons that all or most of us learn in a hard way sooner or later.

So this is a question of morality, attitude towards a person - if he is at least a little bit dear to you, or on the contrary, indifferent, or you hate him and want to make him as bad as possible. In the case of Tommy and Heather, this choice is multifaceted. You can sympathize with both or only one of them, or be indifferent to them or hate them.

Personally, I don't see any prospects of success or survival of their relationship. They are extremely toxic. For Tommy, Heather is the same as Sage was for Chad. And he quite frankly talks about it in front of her. We haven't seen Heather's backstory, but the flashback in episode 5 gives a hint why Heather behaves like this, why she endures these humiliations and why she agreed to such a relationship in the first place. They are a facade for each other. I think we will know the exact answer soon.

View attachment 2902785

So, that "Family comes first" slogan is used when it's comfortable and suitable and abandoned when it's not. The same for HOT's, etc.

Many people see Nick as a traitor, a slug, a muddy type, etc. As for me, I suppose it's a deception, from the very beginning, from the very first scene in the library with the missing laptop. This is a protracted misrepresentation and red herring. Most DIKs brothers "pairs" are quite opposite in their characters and attitudes. To simplify - call it "Chick" and "Dik" types. As for me, I think it was a quite clever DPC's trick to bring such characters differences in a such way and link it all with MC affinity system. Nick is the absolute opposite to Vinny.

He likes to study and is diligent in his studies. He smoked weed, but gave it up afterwards. He loves order, look at his room, and compare it with how Vinny lived. He doesn't mind helping and in general he's a good guy with a kind soul. Some of his actions or choices may be perceived ambiguously - but mostly it is because of a biased opinion and attitude towards him.

After all, no one can stop him from having feelings for Heather. Even if his act was to destroy her relationship with Tommy, I think it would be for the best. The longer their toxic relationship lasts, the more deafening the breakup will be and the greater the damage to Heather at least. If the relationship between Heather and Tommy were different, or at least there were some feelings, then Nick act could be called mean, but given the facts, this is not so.

Nick betrayed Vinny? :HideThePain: Knowing who Vinny is (and always was) I can barely imagine it. Nick mentioned that he see him from time to time outside the campus. It shouldn't happen if Nick somehow betrayed Vinny in the past, especially, again, knowing what kind of person Vinny is. Vinny came to college only for parties, drugs and fuck. Probably he was expelled or leaved by himself after first year. I wonder how such different in all ways persons became a friends.

Vinny & Quinn definitely have some backstory. But, it seems that Tommy never fucked Quinn. It's why he becomes so jealousy at Hell week evaluation if MC fucked Quinn on the DIKs mansion roof after smoking weed.

P.S. and... yeah... Now I'm going to say something for which most of you'll throw poops at me :KEK: While most of us bitching and arguing about long animations in EP9, especially that most hated last one with "preps walking", I may say, that if DPC would make all that scenes he shown in this animation as a separate renders, which player have to click to progress, then you would probably hate him even more. Animation is 1m23s long, while "walking preps" takes only 6-7s of it. Some parts of this animation is useless or not really needed, but it really sets up the mood and shows some important moments at the party and outside it (Nick & Heather moment for example). The only issue here that DPC creates such animations with DAZ, while it's absolutely not suited for it. It takes a hell long time to create and pose such animations, and DAZ is slow as hell in rendering of such animations as well. Rendering speeds acceptable for still images purposes, but absolutely unacceptable for animations queues. But after all, such animations creates absolutely different immersion and perception of the game moments in compare with still images you have to click through.
To put it bluntly,

the fucking damn truth is that Tommy loves the only girl he can't have: Josy.

Now I've told it: ball's in your court.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
That's why I can't understand people not playing all paths/branches and doing different choices across their playthroughs. It always brings you something new and helps to understand things better and notice something interesting. Digging such details in game script is boring, as for me. I do it when I want to know particular links or scenes dependencies, or to quote some part of dialogue as above, bc it's much easier than taking & posting screenshots, bc you must have a lot of saves with right conditions for that to work.

Code:
        he "Tommy's been acting weird lately. And he keeps touching his neck when I ask him why."
        mc "So?"
        he "So? That's his fucking tell, dude. He's always lying or uncomfortable when he does that."
        he "I know something's up. Do you know anything about it?"
        mc "(Family comes first...right?)"
Well... it's a very complex topic. This question touches on many topics at once. Male and female equality, in its most sensitive part at first. Like, you know, men can cheat right and left, but women can't. Men who cheat on their wives and girlfriends, at the same time, call all women whores and find justification for their actions in this. Perhaps, this is the most disgusting thing. Much more respect is caused by those who cheat or simply don't commit themselves, but do not justify it by the fact that it is allegedly because women are whores and therefore serves them right. This is a question of morality, upbringing and personal qualities, as well as life experience and a view of life and relationships in general.

Tommy is not an angel. He & Heather agreed to open relationship and pronounced some specific rules. But Tommy, even while being so lucky, can't follow the rules he agreed to.
I don't know what is wrong with this world, and since when telling the truth has become tantamount to betrayal.

Sometimes a lie can be a solution and save something/someone/etc. But in most cases, this is a temporary relief, and the further consequences can be much sadder than they would have been if you or somebody else hadn't lied earlier. This is one of a life lessons that all or most of us learn in a hard way sooner or later.

So this is a question of morality, attitude towards a person - if he is at least a little bit dear to you, or on the contrary, indifferent, or you hate him and want to make him as bad as possible. In the case of Tommy and Heather, this choice is multifaceted. You can sympathize with both or only one of them, or be indifferent to them or hate them.

Personally, I don't see any prospects of success or survival of their relationship. They are extremely toxic. For Tommy, Heather is the same as Sage was for Chad. And he quite frankly talks about it in front of her. We haven't seen Heather's backstory, but the flashback in episode 5 gives a hint why Heather behaves like this, why she endures these humiliations and why she agreed to such a relationship in the first place. They are a facade for each other. I think we will know the exact answer soon.

View attachment 2902785

So, that "Family comes first" slogan is used when it's comfortable and suitable and abandoned when it's not. The same for HOT's, etc.

Many people see Nick as a traitor, a slug, a muddy type, etc. As for me, I suppose it's a deception, from the very beginning, from the very first scene in the library with the missing laptop. This is a protracted misrepresentation and red herring. Most DIKs brothers "pairs" are quite opposite in their characters and attitudes. To simplify - call it "Chick" and "Dik" types. As for me, I think it was a quite clever DPC's trick to bring such characters differences in a such way and link it all with MC affinity system. Nick is the absolute opposite to Vinny.

He likes to study and is diligent in his studies. He smoked weed, but gave it up afterwards. He loves order, look at his room, and compare it with how Vinny lived. He doesn't mind helping and in general he's a good guy with a kind soul. Some of his actions or choices may be perceived ambiguously - but mostly it is because of a biased opinion and attitude towards him.

After all, no one can stop him from having feelings for Heather. Even if his act was to destroy her relationship with Tommy, I think it would be for the best. The longer their toxic relationship lasts, the more deafening the breakup will be and the greater the damage to Heather at least. If the relationship between Heather and Tommy were different, or at least there were some feelings, then Nick act could be called mean, but given the facts, this is not so.

Nick betrayed Vinny? :HideThePain: Knowing who Vinny is (and always was) I can barely imagine it. Nick mentioned that he see him from time to time outside the campus. It shouldn't happen if Nick somehow betrayed Vinny in the past, especially, again, knowing what kind of person Vinny is. Vinny came to college only for parties, drugs and fuck. Probably he was expelled or leaved by himself after first year. I wonder how such different in all ways persons became a friends.

Vinny & Quinn definitely have some backstory. But, it seems that Tommy never fucked Quinn. It's why he becomes so jealousy at Hell week evaluation if MC fucked Quinn on the DIKs mansion roof after smoking weed.

P.S. and... yeah... Now I'm going to say something for which most of you'll throw poops at me :KEK: While most of us bitching and arguing about long animations in EP9, especially that most hated last one with "preps walking", I may say, that if DPC would make all that scenes he shown in this animation as a separate renders, which player have to click to progress, then you would probably hate him even more. Animation is 1m23s long, while "walking preps" takes only 6-7s of it. Some parts of this animation is useless or not really needed, but it really sets up the mood and shows some important moments at the party and outside it (Nick & Heather moment for example). The only issue here that DPC creates such animations with DAZ, while it's absolutely not suited for it. It takes a hell long time to create and pose such animations, and DAZ is slow as hell in rendering of such animations as well. Rendering speeds acceptable for still images purposes, but absolutely unacceptable for animations queues. But after all, such animations creates absolutely different immersion and perception of the game moments in compare with still images you have to click through.
I play always and everything goal-oriented. Multiple paths/branches would damage the, how should I put it, the purity of the story. I don't really care about Heather and Tommy until they get in the way of my goal, and my goal is known, JM. For this reason, I pursue a different goal with Jill, Isabella and Sage, namely to establish good friendships with them for my MC. There aren't many characters in BaDIK that are important to me.

This is a complex subject. Everyone has to decide for themselves how to deal with it. For example Heather. I don't even see Heather as a slut because I think that's why she wants a real relationship. I think she only went into the open relationship because she didn't want to lose Tommy. Actually, Tommy is the slut because he can't keep his cock in his pants.

Everything is fine with the world. Just telling the truth about something and always apologizing for it no longer justifies Tommy's multiple rule-breaking and thus is treason. Exceptions confirm the rule, but exceptions must not become the rule.

I agree with you that Heather and Tommy's relationship is not viable. That's the thing with the slogan. There are characters in the game who stick to the slogan. But Tommy and Quinn are definitely not one of them.

Nick is the opposite of Vinny, which is why I also think of Nick as a sleazy guy who does a lot of things behind people's backs. Vinny, on the other hand, is a pretty direct guy. This is a contradiction. The question is, does Nick intentionally act behind other people's backs?

You'll laugh, but I think for Heather, Nick would be a far better choice for a relationship than Tommy is. I could also imagine that the MC would have to mediate between Nick and Tommy. Actually, the MC is the only one who can mediate between Tommy and/or another DIK.

But Nick also says to the MC that it's better since Vinny is no longer with the DIKs.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kpyna and Joshy92

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
In my opinion, Tommy should use Heather the way Chad used Sage, except that Tommy isn't gay. Heather is just a status for Tommy, the status of having a girlfriend and a committed relationship.

If Nick can get Heather to break up with Tommy because of him, Tommy would definitely lose respect across campus. A guy like Nick would then have stolen the massive DIK Tommy's girlfriend.
Wouldn't that be just as bad as what Chad did if not worse? I don't think Tommy needs the status if anything having a girlfriend holds him back that's they are in a open relationship so Tommy can fuck every hot girl that moves

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, no one is saying he should use every frame, be serious, people are saying that all SFW animations can be replaced by 5-10 renders and convey the same thing and save months of work.I don't know if you played LOF by Drifty, since he used to be the only dev that I know of to quantify his animations in animation frames. If you'd check the numbers you would know thats an insane idea to entertain, even jokingly. The difference was something like 10k+ frames vs 1-2k static renders for an update. At that point you aren't exactly speeding up, if not increasing the time, since you now skip some of the automated processes

Plus, he can always remaster the game once he is done, if he absolutely feels that they are needed, but lets be serious, seeing the bike wheels spin, Zoey spinning in her chair etc. None of these add anything narratively speaking to the scenes, the player already knows that the wheels are spinning if he sees one render of MC dragging Zoey on her skateboard. They are the definition of pointless.

Hank Moody

Jul 6, 2017
Been a while since I posted in here. I feel like the next episode (10) should be releasing fairly soon. I hope this episode fixes my major issues with the last one, namely revolving around the Zoey character. I remember the last episode (9) tried to shoehorn her into the main story but it didn't end up working for a variety of reasons. For one, she hardly reacts to any events that happen in 9. She obviously still has feelings for the MC but doesn't react at all to anything the MC does.

I also didn't like how Zoey emasculates the MC. Before she arrives the MC is a chad banging Hots and Sluts and everyone else, but once Zoey shows up he turns into a cuck. Wah Wah my ex-gf left me for some ugly tattoo artists, fuck my life!! Get over it bro, you're fucking girls that put Zoey to shame now. Why does the game automatically make the MC into a cuck bitch? No, fuck no.

As the MC I want the option to tell Zoey to fuck off, lmfao. Get out of my life! I don't want to cockblocking me here!

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
My mc was certainly not banging every girl
He only has his eye on two very beautiful angels
Even if the other girls can be very aggressive at times

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I also didn't like how Zoey emasculates the MC. Before she arrives the MC is a chad banging Hots and Sluts and everyone else, but once Zoey shows up he turns into a cuck. Wah Wah my ex-gf left me for some ugly tattoo artists, fuck my life!! Get over it bro, you're fucking girls that put Zoey to shame now. Why does the game automatically make the MC into a cuck bitch? No, fuck no.

As the MC I want the option to tell Zoey to fuck off, lmfao. Get out of my life! I don't want to cockblocking me here!
MC loved/loves Zoey. She is the first and they have been best friends for years. In his mind she takes up more space due to having shared life experiences with her. The other girls are new and easily forgotten at this point (remember, it has only been like a month since he started college versus two to three years of knowing her.). She didn't mistreat him or anything like that. The MC was just cowardly due to his age, and inexperience, to tell her how he felt. She only realised it after she left.

Zoey does not emasculate the MC at all. That is if you view masculinity by having sex with lots of women... Because you get to have sex with your chosen LI/Others when she is there anyway.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes