lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I think for his business model one release per year is the best option.
No, it's not. 2-3 releases per year it's the best option. That was how he get his 12k supporters in the first place: releasing more updates per year, not just 1. And thanks to that, now he has a safe net on patreon plus steam that allows him take as musch time as he want to deliver a update without lost any significant amount of money. And while this safe net is kept, he won't bother to even goes beyond 1 episode per year.

Last edited:

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
It is about time people stop pretending that this is some kind of Witcher 3 level of immersion and all. and accept, that yes, DPC lost the track and the focus, what make the game, stand out in the frist place.
Like I said it has a very high variation for a game of this genre. The game reacts to absolutely any decision the game makes. How much of that is necessary is another question. I also think that the game doesn't need that high variability, especially such a large number of local choices that are only relevant during one episode. But that variability is there and we see the consequences of our decisions. I don't mean to say it's good or bad, it's just a factor in such a long development time. And we as players don't have any solution that we can offer to DPС right now.
Of course, the game doesn't need that many variables. 90% of them are useless and only lead to chaos and disorder in the scenar
So far, his Patreon is stable at 12-13k donators, and Steam sales reach their peak only after the release of the whole season, after which they usually fall. DPC doesn't marketing his game, unlike the Fresh Woman developer. So dissatisfaction may begin to have some effect if DPC start to lose his patrons, but it must be massive.
Or maybe he won’t start doing anything, he’ll write an angry letter to the audience about how bad they are and how they’re harming his business. In the end, making excuses by saying that “fans are bad” is a modern unhealthy trend.
If it takes more than a year for one episode, there will be a big uproar not only on reddit but also in patreon. DPС will have to explain himself again and say that the game is his passion and other marketing nonsense. DPС is a human being and he feels pressure because of the deadlines and whining on his patreon page and there will be more and more of these complaints. He can say all he wants that he's independent of the community's opinion but he's not.
I'm pretty sure the Others branch wasn't planned at all originally. He once said that only Quinn would have an ending, but now it looks like all the girls from the Others' path will have an ending. He did this because of the popularity of Lily, Riona, Sara and Melanie (I bet the next episode will focus on Sara and Melanie). Now we will most likely see lewd content with Sally and Elena soon.
I will play it sooner or later, but in no hurry.

then why shouldn't i play it? i never said it's bad, but that i've lost a lot of interest. playing it for free doesn't seem like such a big commitment to me. i will play a lot of worse games than badik...
i also watched the last season of Lost, i'll also watch the tenth chapter of BADIK.

it is of course not a change in the quality of the writing, that is more or less always the same, at the limit it could be improved by working on it. it seems to me that in general the story has lost context, theoretically anything or nothing can happen, there is no expected event in sight (like it was the hells week, the scavenger hunt, the repair of the mansion, the halloween party etc)

in the ninth chapter one was waiting for the halloween party, in the eighth for the issue of Chad and the season finale which would have involved some important choices and so on

as of today, i don't have a reason to wait for the tenth chapter, then most probably i'll find something interesting in it. if it's coming out in a month or in 2 it doesn't really change anything for me at the moment. what hype should i have? for what? because i'll see the LIs again? i'm too cynical for that

when the sixth chapter came out I was at my parents house who have a very bad connection, to download it I used to wake up and check if everything was ok, today I definitely wouldn't do that
Everyone may have different reasons to play a new episode. I, for example, am interested to see the new mini-games and the new outdoor party. The Maya and Josy branch is the most interesting one for me and I will definitely play it also for those two girls.
I'm not sure about some good plot though. The ending of episode 9 was very lazy and sloppy. We learned about the hidden cameras.... Okay, we already definitely know who installed them. There's no mystery to it.
The plot ended in episode 7. From here on out, DPC is looking for ways to further develop the game. If we follow the logic of episode 9, the next arc will be the arc of the confrontation with Vinnie, but how well it will be done is a big question.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Yeah, well, plenty of the thing in episode 9, the big content, and immersion and all the blah blah, in the end just a placebo effect.
I don't know what you're talking about...
I like episode 9. Several important things happened there.
Some things were not very pleasant, I mean meeting with Vinny.
But mostly everything was fine. Fuckface and Quinn were sleeping together. It's magical. :love:
And yes, Quinn invited Fuckface to hang out in town.
Yes, yes, yes, of course he will go. Damn it, he'll run, if necessary, to the South Pole and back.:oops::eek::love::love:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
2 updates in a year with the amount of renders and content DPC adds? Yikes. Will need 8 more pcs and 4090s for that.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Until recently, I was surprised by the reaction of Josy fans to my harmless posts. Because I never said anything bad about Josy. On the contrary, I admit that she is a very beautiful and sweet girl. I just express my admiration for the one I consider the best, the most beautiful, in a word - Divine. I mean Divine Quinn. Yes, for me she is. I'm not saying that everyone should share my opinion, although it would not be bad. But Josy fans don't just express admiration for their Goddess, they don't miss the opportunity to bad mouth the other girls. Yes, most often Quinn, but others also get .
For a long time I could not understand the reason for such defiant behavior. I decided to analyze the activities of Josy's fans, and noticed that the content of most of their publications is usually either praise for Josy or abuse of one of the girls. Nothing more. Of course, the exception to this company is Dalli_x, whose posts are traditionally filled with various information, but we cannot call him a Josy fan, he is more of a fan of the Josy-Maya couple. But let's get back to the main thing, why are most of the publications of Josy fans not rich in content?! And I realized that Josy herself is actually not very meaningful. Her fans simply have nothing to discuss. They can repeat it a million times - "Alady"... But it won't make her any more interesting
To be honest, as I always do, we will find that Josy is one of the most boring characters in the game. I don't mean anything bad, don't get me wrong, but it's just a fact. Most of the characters in the game have their own story, filled to one degree or another with secrets, intrigue, or simply curious details. Bella, Sage, Quinn, Lily, Jill, even Sarah and Mell have story. But Josy has no story. There is no story. This character is always “attached” to someone. It's either Maya or Tommy. Josy character has no value to the story on its own. This character has nothing but a seductive appearance. She even gets into "Hots" only because she is Tommy's sister.
If you imagine that, due to some circumstances, Josy will drop out of the story, this will not affect the course of the story itself. Everything will go on as usual, as if nothing happened. What does this tell us? Well, the character is probably not written well enough. What could be the reason for this? DPC laziness? He can hardly be accused of laziness. Maybe he doesn't see Josy as a valuable character. Maybe it is so. It's sad to say this. I don't want to hurt the feelings of Josy fans in any way, these nice people. But I'm just looking at things soberly. No more.
Guys, take a closer look at what this one is saying! That's how they all evolve. It all starts with an innocent and funny joke, which continues a little too long. Then the joke turns into a cult, and the joker himself becomes the leader of the cult. They recruit supporters, become more and more aggressive, and finally they begin to act. See how skillfully he uses the divide and conquer technique! He chose Josy as his first target and is trying to turn everyone against her. Believe me, after he is done with her, he will not stop. Who will be the next victim of Quinn's zealots? When KARAMBA came for Josy I was silent, I'm not a big fan of Josy...

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Too rude, huh? Sorry, I didn't mean it in a bad way, but I have to stay in the character. There is no compromise about Josy:)
Come on. Why this posturing ?
If you think that I was wrong, that I said something that is not true, just argue.
Perhaps your arguments will be more convincing than mine.

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
Yeah, well, plenty of the thing in episode 9, the big content, and immersion and all the blah blah, in the end just a placebo effect.
Except with Sage. The haunted Mansion play out exactly the same way, no matter who you with, so just a placebo effect, makes you believe there is so much content.
No matter what, Bella show up at the party despite that she should not have any business to be there, except when you are on her path. But instead we get, 2 same scene with either Jill welcoming her in her Bee or her Banna custume, Placebo effect, more Render, but in reallity not more content.
Jill presence at the party purely necessary for, that scene where She , Sage and Maya talk, so they can all became BFF by realizing they all hate Tybalt, and she can join the crusade of Maya's case.

90% of the choices, in the end does not really have effect, it can't have effect, because it can't be allowed to derail the overall narrative.
so what happens when you fail the party?, nothing, you gonna make the next party anyway.

Yeah yeah, the costume competition has different outcome, where that will lead us, well probably " extra " Render, in the name of " more content ", and may be seeing that trophy in the winner girl's room, or may be not, does it really matter?.

It is about time people stop pretending that this is some kind of Witcher 3 level of immersion and all. and accept, that yes, DPC lost the track and the focus, what make the game, stand out in the first place.
7za369.jpg

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
I love Artemis and Intertwined. But they are entirely different games. Sure Artemis has far better aesthetics.. It is more artsy and that's cool. Has a great story too. MC is a bit of a pansy but hey, can't have everything. Intertwined is engaging and, to be honest, Alexi is the hottest LI I have ever seen in any AVN. But then again her whole look is my thing so it is subjective etc. Both games have their hooks and deserve exposure and success.

But better than Being a Dik? No. BaD has more content. Is continually evolving and far more technical. Every episode is pretty much an improvement over the previous in most regards. You just can't ignore that.

I don't know why I am arguing with a reddit post here. Clearly I am insane and need some coffee.
To be honest artemis bored me when I played it, especially when it has such an interesting plot as the creation of artemis and the author wastes a chapter in a stupid frat party. and Intertwined boy the best sleeping pill I've ever experienced. and I would prefer not to talk about my opinion regarding Leap of Faith. maybe his fans want to kill me if I say what he thinks about that AVN.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Come on. Why this posturing ?
If you think that I was wrong, that I said something that is not true, just argue.
Perhaps your arguments will be more convincing than mine.
Well let's start with the fact that Josy is the only girl who genuinely loves the MC. She is interested in him simply because she likes the guy and that's all. Yeah, yeah, they are all interested, but at the same time they all have their utter motives.
Maya - she needs his help with her shitty loan situation, needs someone who appreciates her for who she is, with all her insecurities and all. Sage - needs a shoulder to cry on, a dick to ride, and an ear to vent. Bella - I don’t even want to get into this bughouse of her head. The drunk college idiot who made her cum since the three years of nofap and overcome her mental block after James. Jill - needs someone who appreciates her virginal uniqueness and rich inner world, and since she has no one else to choose between Tybalt and Rusty, here comes the MC. Quinn - you know better. Love? Meh, broccoli. But money, fists and dick will come in handy. Josy only likes this guy because she likes him and she doesn't expect him to solve her problems.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
To be honest artemis bored me when I played it, especially when it has such an interesting plot as the creation of artemis and the author wastes a chapter in a stupid frat party. and Intertwined boy the best sleeping pill I've ever experienced. and I would prefer not to talk about my opinion regarding Leap of Faith. maybe his fans want to kill me if I say what he thinks about that AVN.
We all know why LoF gets the praise it does. Which, to be far, it does do the attempted suicide scenes well enough to keep people engaged. However the rest of the game is uninspired. 5% of the game is great, 95% is blergh.

I'm not sure coffee is a good idea - maybe try turning off the PC for a few....
Can't sadly. If I am awake my PC is on. Work as a 3d Artist and have such a huge backlog of work to do i'll hardly sleep until march. Hurrah for cut backs. So, more coffee it is.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Well let's start with the fact that Josy is the only girl who genuinely loves the MC. She is interested in him simply because she likes the guy and that's all. Yeah, yeah, they are all interested, but at the same time they all have their utter motives.
Maya - she needs his help with her shitty loan situation, needs someone who appreciates her for who she is, with all her insecurities and all. Sage - needs a shoulder to cry on, a dick to ride, and an ear to vent. Bella - I don’t even want to get into this bughouse of her head. The drunk college idiot who made her cum since the three years of nofap and overcome her mental block after James. Jill - needs someone who appreciates her virginal uniqueness and rich inner world, and since she has no one else to choose between Tybalt and Rusty, here comes the MC. Quinn - you know better. Love? Meh, broccoli. But money, fists and dick will come in handy. Josy only likes this guy because she likes him and she doesn't expect him to solve her problems.
OK, I'll agree with you. I believe what you said. Josy loves Fuckface selflessly and sincerely. Ok. But this is a little different from what I said in my post. I said that she doesn't have her own "background", her own history. Unlike other girls. The game is about character stories. The characters must have some kind of development, some kind of movement. Otherwise, the character is not interesting. I don't see what could be discussed in Josy's case. Her love for a Fuckface ? It's romantic of course, but it doesn't imply any action necessary for the game. It's good for a TV series. But the game needs something else.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes