sampow

May 14, 2023
So Bella doesn't like Android too? :ROFLMAO:
What is this actually, some remnants of debugging he forgot to clean up? How do Cathy's panties relate to Renpy screen variants?
DPC puts booby traps in his code to screw over people using non-official builds. Same reason the scrappy mod has problems, DPC checks for it and tries to break your game.
Yes, I don't play on PC because I like to keep changing seats
If he finds cheats, the game aborts, but if he finds you're not running it on a PC, the relationships get fucked up:
  • In episode 2 you can't fuck Sarah at the party
  • In episode 2 when Sage is giving the mc a boob job, Quinn walks in just before Sage removes her top (if you're playing on a PC the scene extends a bit more)
  • In episode 3 all of your relationship points are reset back to 0
  • In episode 3 Quinn decides she doesn't like you (if she doesn't like you, you won't get the threesome offer with Quinn and Riona no matter what, and Quinn won't go back to your room later in episode 6 )
  • In episode 4 you won't get the shower scene with Jill (even if you're a super chick)
  • In episode 4 when sleeping with Josy or Maya, you won't get the opportunity to sleep in the combined bed with both girls (you have to choose)
  • In episode 5 relationship points are reset back to 0
  • In episode 6 you can't get Sarah to fuck the mc for free, even if you voted her ass the best or eyed her out in the prep's spa
  • In episode 6 You won't get the opportunity to have a threesome with Nicole and Sandy
  • In episode 6 relationship points are reset back to 0
  • In episode 7 Bella will think you fucked around with Cathy even if you didn't (this is the weirdest one, because the mc isn't like, "WTF are you talking about!?")
  • In episode 7 Jill will not fantasize about the mc when he leaves her room at night, even if you've done everything right for her. That basically means Jill's path is fucked.
  • In episode 7 once again relationship points are reset back to 0
  • In episode 7 you won't get to fuck Cammy or Riona for free (even if you played your cards right earlier)
  • In episode 8 guess what, relationship points are reset back to 0
  • In episode 8 no matter what the fuck has been going on, you don't get to choose any of the girls at the crossroads.
  • In episode 9 in case you've managed to accumulate any more relationship points, they are reset once again!
  • In episode 9 it just jumps to the end of the episode before the Halloween video plays
  • In episode 9 if you're not on Jill or Bella's branch, right after the Pink Rose girls arrive, it jumps to the end of the episode.
  • In episode 9 if you're on Sage's branch, it also bails at one point to the end of the episode.
So there you have it. Either mod the game or play it on a PC.

But what does this tell you about DPC?

It's not about support and shit. I mean he could detect a mod or detect it's not on a PC and give you a warning like, "This game is intended to be played on a PC. If it isn't played on a PC or has mods made to it, don't bother asking for help if random bugs occur".

No, DPC basically intentionally fucks you up, lets you waste time playing a game that he deliberately breaks because you didn't do it the way he wanted. Now sure, it's his game, he can code it however he wants. But he's still a cunt.

Last edited:

armsayhi

Mar 9, 2019
If he finds cheats, the game aborts, but if he finds you're not running it on a PC, the relationships get fucked up:
  • In episode 2 when Sage is giving the mc a boob job, Quinn walks in just before Sage removes her top (if you're playing on a PC the scene extends a bit more)
  • In episode 3 Quinn decides she doesn't like you (if she doesn't like you, you won't get the threesome offer with Quinn and Riona no matter what, and Quinn won't go back to your room later in episode 6 )
  • In episode 4 you won't get the shower scene with Jill (even if you're a super chick)
  • At the end of episode 4, when sleeping with Josy or Maya, you won't get the opportunity to sleep int he one bed (or combined bed) with both Josy & Maya
  • In episode 6 you can't get Sarah to fuck the mc for free, even if you voted her ass the best or eyed her out in the prep's spa
  • In episode 6 You won't get the opportunity to have a threesome with Nicole and Sandy
  • In episode 7 Bella will think you fucked around with Cathy even if you didn't (this is the weirdest one, because the mc isn't like, "WTF are you talking about!?")
  • In episode 7 Jill will not fantasize about the mc when he leaves her room at night, even if you've done everything right for her. That basically means Jill's path is fucked.
  • In episode 7 you won't get to fuck Cammy or Riona for free (even if you played your cards right earlier)
  • In episode 8 no matter what the fuck has been going on, you don't get to choose any of the girls at the crossroads.
  • In episode 9 in case you've managed to accumulate any more relationship points, they are reset once again!
  • In episode 9 it just jumps to the end of the episode before the Halloween video plays
  • In episode 9 if you're not on Jill or Bella's branch, right after the Pink Rose girls arrive, it jumps to the end of the episode.
  • In episode 9 if you're on Sage's branch, it also bails at one point to the end of the episode.

It's not about support and shit. I mean he could detect a mod or detect it's not on a PC and give you a warning like, "This game is intended to be played on a PC. If it isn't played on a PC or has mods made to it, don't bother asking for help is random bugs occur".

No, DPC basically intentionally fucks you up, lets you waste time playing a game that he deliberately breaks because you didn't do it the way he wanted. Now sure, it's his game, he can code it however he wants. But he's still a cunt.
Thanks for the clarification, I'm going to play on PC

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
  • At the end of episode 4, when sleeping with Josy or Maya, you won't get the opportunity to sleep int he one bed (or combined bed) with both Josy & Maya

It's not about support and shit. I mean he could detect a mod or detect it's not on a PC and give you a warning like, "This game is intended to be played on a PC. If it isn't played on a PC or has mods made to it, don't bother asking for help is random bugs occur".

If pettiness could render scenes the game would already be finished.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
  • You can't call Quinn's restaurant
  • In episode 2 when giving the mc a boob job, Quinn walks in just before Sage removes her top (if you're playing on a PC the scene extends a bit more)
  • In episode 3 all of your relationship points are reset back to 3, and also Quinn decides she doesn't like you (if she doesn't like you, you won't get the threesome offer with Quinn and Riona no matter what, and Quinn won't go back to your room later in episode 6 )
  • In episode 4 you won't get the shower scene with Jill in episode 4 (even if you're a super chick)
  • At the end of episode 4, when sleeping with Josy or Maya, you won't get the opportunity to sleep with both of them
  • In episode 7 Bella will think you fucked around with Cathy even if you didn't.
  • In episode 7 Jill will not fantasize about the mc when he leaves her room at night, even if you've done everything right for her

Damn reaction limit :oops:
Wow, he took the time to plot his revenge on us. Intentionally planted bugs like this are much harder to detect than if the game just aborted. Well, we'll get used to it, thug life has never been cheap :)

Reactions: sampow

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Not running "it" on a PC...do you mean a mod or the game itself? I always play on PC and often Quinn walks in on this scene before Sage removes her top. There is some other dependency, not whether or not you're playing on PC. Can't speak to the rest of the examples you've given, though.

Jul 8, 2018
  • In episode 2 when giving the mc a boob job, Quinn walks in just before Sage removes her top (if you're playing on a PC the scene extends a bit more)
  • In episode 4 you won't get the shower scene with Jill in episode 4 (even if you're a super chick)

I also think the skills app doesn't work on phone.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I didn't know he doesn't make an official android port
I just assumed he did like a lot of other devs do

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I didn't know he doesn't make an official android port
I just assumed he did like a lot of other devs do
No, there was even a warning in his discord that he does not support Android and does not listen to any complaints about bugs in unofficial Android ports.

EDIT: "7. Being A DIK is not an Android game. Don't ask or bring your problems about it here."

• Wow
Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
No, there was even a warning in his discord that he does not support Android and does not listen to any complaints about bugs in unofficial Android ports.

EDIT: "7. Being A DIK is not an Android game. Don't ask or bring your problems about it here."
Honestly from what I have read it sounds like he can be an arsehole at times
I get the feeling he takes everything too seriously

He probably wouldn't even laugh at my simping even tho I work hard on that

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Not running "it" on a PC...do you mean a mod or the game itself? I always play on PC and often Quinn walks in on this scene before Sage removes her top. There is some other dependency, not whether or not you're playing on PC. Can't speak to the rest of the examples you've given, though.
Well, for one, I have a save before that point and every time I have loaded it back up, it randomly either gives the scene where Sage removes her top, or Quinn walks in. I have no idea why it happens.

Jamez999

Jun 30, 2021

He probably didn't fix Maya's tuition because of your simping :ROFLMAO:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023

Truth be told. If I released something and a person comes to me and says "My bootlegged copy doesn't work, fix it!" I'd probably respond with "Er, no... Buy a legit copy and if that has problems then we'll talk." lol.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

I think his seriousness and strong focus on his goals are the essential part of his qualities that have brought him success. The flip side of this is that staying focused on his project for a long time, he has developed a kind of tunnel vision and ignores everything that distracts him. So I doubt he'll even notice if you're simping or hating, he'll just ban you if you break his rules :)

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Truth be told. If I released something and a person comes to me and says "My bootlegged copy doesn't work, fix it!" I'd probably respond with "Er, no... Buy a legit copy and if that has problems then we'll talk." lol.
True
It's just a shame he doesn't do an official android port
Maybe the games too big or something

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I think his seriousness and strong focus on his goals are the essential part of his qualities that have brought him success. The flip side of this is that staying focused on his project for a long time, he has developed a kind of tunnel vision and ignores everything that distracts him. So I doubt he'll even notice if you're simping or hating, he'll just ban you if you break his rules :)
That means I'm in trouble then
I'm a badass rule breaker

Remember Derek told me to not get involved with Maya
Did I listen?
Hell no!!!

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
So pleasant and nice about it. Me, I'd fuckin tell them: "Get fucked, mate. Ask your bootlegger to fix it. Now, time for you to fuck right off."

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Hey all, a quick, probably easy question.

I moved over to Linux from PC for this game. It runs great.

When Ep10 comes out, to I copy the save folder from EP9 into Ep10? Example path: BeingADIK-0.9.0-pc-lin/game/saves/

This isn't a deal breaker if I have to at some point go back to Windows for the game, but for VNs, I would prefer not to.

Have a good day and thanks in advance.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
So pleasant and nice about it. Me, I'd fuckin tell them: "Get fucked, mate. Ask your bootlegger to fix it. Now, time for you to fuck right off."
Was always taught to smile, and be civil, when face to face with idiots. But think that they are fucking idiots as I do that.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

sampow

May 14, 2023
If the mc hasn't kissed Sage, the same thing happens.

His humour comes across in the game really well, and to be honest, I think he's laughing his ass off at the thought that he's fucked up people's games. Look at the first response to this entire thread, that's him, laughing at all the people that spat it when AL took a dark turn.

No I think he has a sense of humour, but I also think he's a cunt too.

He probably didn't fix Maya's tuition because of your simping :ROFLMAO:
Oh he definitely loves simping, just look at the game's discord channel, the level of simping there puts Joshy92 here to shame! :eek:

Hey all, a quick, probably easy question.

I moved over to Linux from PC for this game. It runs great.

When Ep10 comes out, to I copy the save folder from EP9 into Ep10? Example path: BeingADIK-0.9.0-pc-lin/game/saves/

This isn't a deal breaker if I have to at some point go back to Windows for the game, but for VNs, I would prefer not to.

Have a good day and thanks in advance.
Are you using the walkthrough mod though? Those mods remove all the asshole code.

But as far as copying goes, that's what I do, just copy the save over. But if you've installed a walkthrough mod for episode 9, you'll need to wait for the walkthrough mod for episode 10 for your game to work properly.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes